Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Darkthrone's Death Metal

Re: Darkthrone's Death Metal
August 15, 2010, 09:35:44 PM
I get my fuck on to Soulside Journey.
He who fears the dark, shall never see the light
http://www.last.fm/user/Beastofsodom

August 18, 2010, 01:37:20 AM
I get my fuck on to Soulside Journey.

You've totally ruined Soulside Journey for me.....thanks
I will slash and burn and salt the earth so that nothing will grow.

August 18, 2010, 01:38:33 AM
woah-oh-oh there, kiddo.

Please refrain from the vulgar language as I am offended by it and do not wish for others to extinguish my pleasure of visiting christian message boards on the internet.

Caffeine

August 18, 2010, 02:41:14 AM
woah-oh-oh there, kiddo.

Please refrain from the vulgar language as I am offended by it and do not wish for others to extinguish my pleasure of visiting christian message boards on the internet.

This is a Darkthrone thread, "christian" and "jesus" are vulgar words here.....

August 21, 2010, 04:05:30 PM
This is a Darkthrone thread, "christian" and "jesus" are vulgar words here.....
Unless there are words like "desecrate", "destroy" or "defile" somewhere in the same sentence...

Infester is a better take on 'chilled trippy death metal', Although their tempo is generally faster than Darkthrone. when I hear Soulside Journey it really does sound like they would be able to better realize their vision by playing Black Metal, evidently they agreed. That being said, I believe Soulside Journey is a solid death metal album but it isn't unique.

August 21, 2010, 11:18:20 PM
Infester is a better take on 'chilled trippy death metal'

aye.  can't argue with that!
His Majesty at the Swamp / Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins / Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism / Oath of Black Blood / Privilege of Evil / Dawn of Possession / In Battle There is No Law / Thousand Swords / To Mega Therion

August 22, 2010, 12:21:24 PM
Infester is a better take on 'chilled trippy death metal', Although their tempo is generally faster than Darkthrone. when I hear Soulside Journey it really does sound like they would be able to better realize their vision by playing Black Metal, evidently they agreed. That being said, I believe Soulside Journey is a solid death metal album but it isn't unique.

The execution might be similar between the two, but the end results are completely different.

August 23, 2010, 04:48:31 PM
Thanks to that Norwegian Death Metal article, I picked up the Thou Shalt Suffer compilation "Into the Woods of Belial". There's a lot of commonalities with that record and Soulside Journey without being exact clones of each other.

It would have been interesting to see where a powerful Norwegian Death Metal scene would have gone.
"I hung there on a cross as you are hanging, and I lived, thanks to circumstances and a stamina peculiar to barbarians. But you civilised men are soft; your lives are not nailed to your spines as are ours. Your fortitude consists mainly in inflicting torment, not in enduring it. You will be dead before sundown." - REH