Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

MBTI test, Jungian personality types

Caffeine

MBTI test, Jungian personality types
August 17, 2010, 08:37:49 PM
The Introversion thread that Conservationist posted reminded me to make this topic.  I'm curious to see what personality types everyone has.
The test:  http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/newmb.pl < I personally find this more accurate
(you can google for more free tests)

I always get INTP, and I always score highly as one.  I have a feeling that there will be several INTP's, INTJ's, ENTP's, or INFJ's despite them being a minute portion of the population.  Then again, that's just a feeling so I could be totally wrong.....

Caffeine

Re: MBTI test, Jungian personality types
August 17, 2010, 08:57:16 PM
http://www.anus.com/metal/hall/index.php/topic,2995.45.html

Well at least I was right about the high rate of, INTP's, INFJ's, and INTJ's....crap....

August 17, 2010, 09:49:17 PM
I've been properly tested, and come out as INTJ.  Interestingly enough, however, my introversion is slight based on my social "abilities", but strong based on my general character/preference.  I often prefer writing music or reading something interesting to going out, but, once out, I can easily act like an extrovert (holding the centre of attention, speaking in front of many people, getting on well with new/unknown people).  Most of that is simply learned behaviour.

Essentially, introversion is nothing less than an enabler, while extroversion is a "norm".

Caffeine

August 17, 2010, 10:41:54 PM
I've been properly tested, and come out as INTJ.  Interestingly enough, however, my introversion is slight based on my social "abilities", but strong based on my general character/preference.  I often prefer writing music or reading something interesting to going out, but, once out, I can easily act like an extrovert (holding the centre of attention, speaking in front of many people, getting on well with new/unknown people).  Most of that is simply learned behaviour.

Essentially, introversion is nothing less than an enabler, while extroversion is a "norm".

I tend to agree.  From what I've read, introverts possess good confidence, and they are actually (unlike what most people believe) able to get in front of a group easier.  They just prefer not to....That seems to go along with what you said, and I'm the same way even though I score highly as an introvert.  Shy people are actually extroverts who long for a connection with others, but they are unsure and/or don't know how to develop said connection.

There were a lot more INTJ's than INTP's in that thread you linked to.

August 18, 2010, 12:32:28 AM
INTJ reflects an individual considering the application of thought to real problems.  As far as my understanding goes, an INTP is happy to (or possibly even inclined to) follow thoughts and concepts entirely outside of the realms of physical possibility (or, at least, known physical possiblity).  While being more detached from "Reality", they're also more creative thinkers, not being held back by so-called "realistic" constraints (though they are held back by the requirement for a certainty, rather than a distinct probability, of logic in thought).

I believe that you'll find fewer INTPs here because they may be slightly put off by the pragmaticism inherrent to ANUSian thought.  Or perhaps it's the lack of absolute, ordered logic (though the points made throughout the website are, by and large, wholly logical).

August 18, 2010, 02:23:27 AM
That explains why I've ditched numerous creative pursuits and left some gathering dust in a partially developed state. All the successful and rewarding results are found in completing real pursuits that function well. Maybe the creative time wasting is a method for poking around in every hidden corner of the conceivable to by trial and error eventually construct a more complete map than most have of the possible. Those seeming idiosycracies in the typologies we may initially dismiss as a dysfunction may actually conceal various long evolved adaptive strategies that the other types seldom benefit from.

Caffeine

August 18, 2010, 02:29:56 AM
I believe that you'll find fewer INTPs here because they may be slightly put off by the pragmaticism inherrent to ANUSian thought.  Or perhaps it's the lack of absolute, ordered logic (though the points made throughout the website are, by and large, wholly logical).

As someone who is strongly intp, I'd say we are put off by the pragmaticism (we like our own theories and ideology, we live within our minds).  I have to say that I was at first, and I am still ideological.  However, I cannot ignore the logic (us INTP's are addicted to logic) inherent to ANUS's school of thought.  I like the ideas presented at ANUS due to the logic, but I still have thoughts regarding my own version of an anarchist society.  Therefore I switch between my own ideas and ANUS's, but I was an actual nihilist before I very recently stumbled upon ANUS. INTP's do that, and you explained why we do so very well.  I'd still side with u guys, because I cannot ignore solid logic.  The problem I have with a lot of ideologies is that many of them twist facts to suit theories rather than theories to suit facts, but ANUS is spot on in so many areas.  I'm skeptical of it (as anything really), but it makes perfect sense. INTP's have a hard time (from what I've witnessed at intpforum.com) committing to one specific group due to being so ideological (however, we use logic rather than feelings, we're systems junkies).  INTJ's do that so much better, which is why you guys will be in the frontlines.....

August 18, 2010, 02:46:18 AM
The role of the very rare INTP is advisor to the king, but never to be king.

Caffeine

August 18, 2010, 02:47:38 AM

Too true.  eN + P is great for such a task, but an INTP leader is a big fat lol

August 18, 2010, 03:03:49 AM
Those seeming idiosycracies in the typologies we may initially dismiss as a dysfunction may actually conceal various long evolved adaptive strategies that the other types seldom benefit from.

Sentence of the year.  Granted it's 4 in the morning right now, but this has just taken me about a full minute to decipher.

A Captain without a lookout runs the risk of missing opportunity, or scuppering his ship.

And this is good, because it's apparently rare for an INTP to actually want to be in the position of "leader".

August 18, 2010, 04:54:19 AM
Well apparently I'm a rare specimen, because I scored INTP.

Caffeine

August 18, 2010, 10:50:15 PM
Those seeming idiosycracies in the typologies we may initially dismiss as a dysfunction may actually conceal various long evolved adaptive strategies that the other types seldom benefit from.

Sentence of the year.  Granted it's 4 in the morning right now, but this has just taken me about a full minute to decipher.

A Captain without a lookout runs the risk of missing opportunity, or scuppering his ship.

And this is good, because it's apparently rare for an INTP to actually want to be in the position of "leader".

It's very rare indeed, some other INTP's and I talked about this on the intp forum.  We'd much rather design the system, give advice, or what have you (Ti filtering out eN is great for such tasks).  I remember reading heavily on INTJ's and INTP's difference when it comes to intuition.  It's a very interesting read.  INTP's and INTJ's can make a great team due to their difference in intuition and rational thinking skills.  Most people focus on the P and J difference, but the base of that difference is the eN vs. iN. 

August 20, 2010, 02:04:11 AM
Meyer Briggs is total crap- nothing more than ego-worshipping "you're special because of your important personality, not because of your successes (which we will politely ignore the lack of)!" bullshit, cloaked in pseudo-scientific language and left just vague enough to be unfalsifiable. 

Only morons take any stock in it, which is probably why HR managers used to use it and the "soft" sciences love to trot it out.

August 20, 2010, 02:20:47 AM
Really?  Because I find it accurate to the point of telling me what I already know and nothing more.