Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Why do we all hate -core music?

Re: Why do we all hate -core music?
August 18, 2010, 02:25:09 AM
Will I need any Vacuum tubes for this? Im sure i could pull 8 or 9 of them out of my Line 6 Spyder Amp

August 18, 2010, 02:28:47 AM
Yeah bring those, they can't hurt.

Also bring a big screen TV because the sunday school needs something to watch Christian bible movies on.

August 18, 2010, 02:32:37 AM
Ridiculous. Both of you.

Still, I laughed.

August 18, 2010, 02:36:54 AM
Macbooks, Sunday School, Big Screen TV's, this sounds like so much fun! Ill drive my Prius too so that all the other parents see that driving Hybrids is an easy way to protect our environment from Manbearpig and 2012

Caffeine

August 18, 2010, 02:44:25 AM
Ridiculous. Both of you.

Still, I laughed.

Yeah, i snickered as well....especially the "macbook" comment.  apple is gay, linux is the new anti-microsoft cool....

August 18, 2010, 07:07:18 AM
I dislike "-core" music because most of it is very dry with no other redeeming values except some technicality.  They also do not match their lyrical themes with the music; you cannot tell a love song from a hate song without reading the lyrics, and that's how you know aesthetics are lacking.  I also find fry screams grating, and even more so those whiny clean vocals.  The music fails at being heavy, because it is over-processed and as light as pop punk with screaming.  Put some testosterone in the guitar, will you?  Or if you must, some estrogen...I don't care, put something in it to make it less dry and at least interesting and provoking.

As for the scene, much of it is a joke.  These bands usually have no understanding or respect for their ancestors, and most fans aren't better.  This music is not for me.

August 18, 2010, 03:50:31 PM
I dislike "-core" music because most of it is very dry with no other redeeming values except some technicality.  They also do not match their lyrical themes with the music; you cannot tell a love song from a hate song without reading the lyrics, and that's how you know aesthetics are lacking.  I also find fry screams grating, and even more so those whiny clean vocals.  The music fails at being heavy, because it is over-processed and as light as pop punk with screaming.  Put some testosterone in the guitar, will you?  Or if you must, some estrogen...I don't care, put something in it to make it less dry and at least interesting and provoking.

As for the scene, much of it is a joke.  These bands usually have no understanding or respect for their ancestors, and most fans aren't better.  This music is not for me.

Query - do you dislike grindcore or hardcore punk as well?

If you speak of this modern techcore/metalcore/whatevercore craze, I'm sure you'll find the entirety of the board in agreement with you.

August 18, 2010, 03:56:22 PM
He'll find almost every single Metalhead will agree with him.  I know one guy who likes 'core, and that's simply because he "grew up with it".  He won't like it in two to three years' time (and nobody else will, either - such is the nature of a trend).

Caffeine

August 18, 2010, 10:58:07 PM

If you speak of this modern techcore/metalcore/whatevercore craze, I'm sure you'll find the entirety of the board in agreement with you.

I like grindcore, but it depends on the band.

August 18, 2010, 11:39:31 PM

I like some hardcore punk and grindcore, and when I criticized "-core" I meant genres like metalcore, deathcore, and mathcore.

August 19, 2010, 10:16:55 PM
So what happened to OP's Pokemon?

August 20, 2010, 12:59:52 AM
So what happened to OP's Pokemon?

Are you really Glenn Beck?

I listen to your radio show every day and agree with everything, though I do prefer Rush Limbaugh as he smokes cigars.

They are almost all level 99, so I'm going to start working on filling up the pokedex now.

August 23, 2010, 03:12:56 AM
We all listened to Korn at one point.

What? No. And what's with all the whiny (and brand new) people on this thread? I think we're being trolled, folks. 

August 24, 2010, 06:30:21 PM
Im an oldfag ive been here all summer

August 24, 2010, 09:18:18 PM
D8

GUYS! HE'S FIGURED US OUT!

People here need to read the original post more often.