Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Bands that you want to see reviewed by DLA

Bands that you want to see reviewed by DLA
August 19, 2010, 05:47:27 PM
In no way am I saying that DLA has "missed out" on anything, considering it's constantly being updated. I understand that it takes time to construct and draft the reviews and the selection process of which bands the site should promote must put each foreseeable selection under a heavy amount of scrutiny. Point simple: THIS ALL TAKES TIME.... but...

If you were to limit yourself to a short list, lets say three to five bands which you think SHOULD be on DLA, but aren't, and why (they should be on there), who would they be? If you choose to take part in this exercise, please include the category of the band in accord with the DLA standard.

Here's an example:

Carnivore (Thrash or Heavy Metal section): like the Cro-Mags, but with more dimensions to their unique flavor of Thrash/ Doom Crossover of these overt right-wing conservatives.

Eyehategod (Heavy Metal section): hardcore bluesmasters that construct challenging listens as each output, including their rarities and b-sides compilation. A journey in each song, let alone an album.

Sigrblot (Black Metal section): From the depths of utter anonymity, some black metal musicians with a lot of connections in the immigrant riddled Sweden strike back with their trademark national styling of the genre. Avoiding the moniker of more politically charged acts, yet covering these topics when necessary, these guys deliver a worthy display of modern BM, unseen at their standard by other practitioners since their advent.
"I hung there on a cross as you are hanging, and I lived, thanks to circumstances and a stamina peculiar to barbarians. But you civilised men are soft; your lives are not nailed to your spines as are ours. Your fortitude consists mainly in inflicting torment, not in enduring it. You will be dead before sundown." - REH

Re: Bands that you want to see reviewed by DLA
August 19, 2010, 05:55:51 PM
Metallica, Black Sabbath
You're quite hostile.

I got a right to be hostile, man, my people been persecuted!

August 20, 2010, 01:03:52 AM
Metallica used to be covered. I am sure you can find the Kill 'em All review somewhere on ANUS.

August 20, 2010, 01:53:28 AM
Coroner(Speed Metal): technical speed metal with roots in the Celtic Frost school of composition. First three albums are of quality, but the rest of the band's discography is mired in eclecticism for its own sake.
Let us go beyond "you" and "me"! Feel cosmically!

Friedrich Nietzsche

August 20, 2010, 04:14:34 AM
Perhaps you could post your own reviews of these albums on the forum, share the love y'know.
Rise Arjuna

August 20, 2010, 11:52:00 AM
Coroner(Speed Metal): technical speed metal with roots in the Celtic Frost school of composition. First three albums are of quality, but the rest of the band's discography is mired in eclecticism for its own sake.

Seconded.

August 20, 2010, 05:20:57 PM

Seconded.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Coroner review.
"I hung there on a cross as you are hanging, and I lived, thanks to circumstances and a stamina peculiar to barbarians. But you civilised men are soft; your lives are not nailed to your spines as are ours. Your fortitude consists mainly in inflicting torment, not in enduring it. You will be dead before sundown." - REH

August 20, 2010, 05:25:42 PM
Iron Maiden
You're quite hostile.

I got a right to be hostile, man, my people been persecuted!

August 22, 2010, 04:16:54 PM
Blut Aus Nord: (Black Metal).  TWWTG is by far the best industrial black metal album that I have heard.  Much of their other work is excellent as well.

Vlad Tepes: (Black Metal). March to the Black Holocaust. 

Graveland: The newer albums need reviews.  Cold Winter Blades is Gravelands best since Following the Voice of Blood.

August 23, 2010, 05:05:26 AM
I guess I don't understand the point of this.  These are bands that are easily accessible, so what value would posting reviews about bands/albums you have already heard have?  Do you need DLA to tell you what to think of Metallica (for example)?  I find the reviews useful to see a more thorough analysis of the bands that are less accessible. But really, you can find a Metallica review anywhere, we've all heard "Killem All". What's the point?

August 23, 2010, 04:44:29 PM
I guess I don't understand the point of this.  These are bands that are easily accessible, so what value would posting reviews about bands/albums you have already heard have?  Do you need DLA to tell you what to think of Metallica (for example)?  I find the reviews useful to see a more thorough analysis of the bands that are less accessible. But really, you can find a Metallica review anywhere, we've all heard "Killem All". What's the point?

Sigrblot, Vlad Tepes, and to a certain extent, Coroner are not easily accessible. Likewise, due to a combination of being forgotten about, and FMP pushing Vlad Tepes likes they're the greatest thing since sliced bread, there's too many people that have never even heard about Coroner and way too many people who know Vlad Tepes well enough.

August 24, 2010, 01:32:20 AM
 Later Graveland is surely important but at this point just listen to Lord Wind, as it's the best expression of the ideas he's kicked around since FTVB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC4wdU4e7kc

For me, the ambient segments of this song create more atmosphere than any of the Lord Wind works, and on this album he has seamlessly fused  this ambient sound with metal for the first time.

It feels very peaceful and reflective while listening.  Yet it leaves an aftertaste (which feels unexpected) of thirst for war and discontent with the modern world.   Perhaps it represents the interlude between battles.

August 24, 2010, 02:07:17 AM
I had the same thoughts about that EP, defined mostly by "white winged hussary". I was rather inspired by it and took the time to write a bad review for it on the metal archives. There is something so perfect about those clean guitar parts and transitions that I'd and say isn't found in any other metal. So hey, be sure and check out "cold winter blades" this summer.

August 24, 2010, 04:51:26 PM
Master's Hammer - Ritual
Master's Hammer - The Jilemnice Occultist

Czech Metal