Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Bands that you want to see reviewed by DLA

Re: Bands that you want to see reviewed by DLA
February 23, 2011, 12:00:13 PM
Or even better: you start a separate thread to express your butthurt.

Dipshit.

1.  We're not expressing "butthurt", you're just needlessly aggressive, in a manner that screams either small man syndrome or small dick syndrome.

2.  There's no point in starting a new thread to discuss things with you, as evidenced by your utter inability to combat any of the points I made (ever).  I remember a time when your posts were interesting, instead of blockheaded and masturbatory.  What the hell happened?

Dipshit.

As far as this thread goes, as well as a number of other recent ones, I reckon a bit of eugenics couldn't go amiss.  Cut out some of the pretty-good-but-not-the-best, or, at the very least, relegate some releases (Belus and Fallen?) to the "non-essential" category, like all Slayer after Seasons in the Abyss, before we start thinking about adding anything new.  I know there are a few albums on the DLA page which I've thought were average at best, and which aren't hailed by any of the users here as groundbreaking.  Do we need the Tribute to Euronymous?  Swordmaster?  Nattens Madrigal?

February 25, 2011, 10:58:22 PM
Nattens Madrigal?

While this is a fairly good album, its inclusion seems to be based on characteristics other than excellence. I was under the impression that this album was included in the archives to represent the decline of black metal into an aesthetic copy of itself with waning impetus from the genre's originators. I think that NM does this well, and should be included in the archives.

February 26, 2011, 04:03:56 AM
Well then, perhaps the structure of the main page should be altered so as to show "A" grade, "B" grade, and "crap but of historic merit" grade.

October 14, 2011, 06:41:22 PM
... bands like Averse Sefira and Demoncy, that while great in spirit, have some seriously loose ends in their composition.

Could you (or somebody) elaborate on these loose ends?  I was surprised to read that; I've gotten the impression that Averse Sefira is the last great Blackened Death Metal hope for many around here. 

October 14, 2011, 09:56:33 PM
I'd say dISEMBOLWMENT's Transcendence into the Peripheral again after hearing it recently. Needs a look at.

Foeticide's Collection of Aborted Fetuses was a grotesque joy to hear. To think I would find such a perverse delight amongst a hundred boregrind albums. Excellent. The only gore band I think is worthwhile, next to Hemdale; you'd be surprised, as its actually distinct and interesting. Foeticide makes me feel like I'm listening to Nuclear Death for the first time again.

I wouldn't mind a brief review of Wormed's Planisphaerium too. Perhaps Rain Upon the Impure by The Ruins of Beverast wants a listen aswell, even though it is overlong in places. A summary of what is wrong with Wormed and Ruins might be just as enlightening as anything else.

October 14, 2011, 11:06:28 PM
... bands like Averse Sefira and Demoncy, that while great in spirit, have some seriously loose ends in their composition.

Could you (or somebody) elaborate on these loose ends?  I was surprised to read that; I've gotten the impression that Averse Sefira is the last great Blackened Death Metal hope for many around here. 

Averse Sefira requires way to much focus and attention to actually get through listening to their entire albums.  Its too technical, it doesnt stay interesting, especially Tetragrammatical Astygmata...  They have their moments and thats about it.  Demoncy suffers from the same thing( if we are solely referring to Joined In Darkness) half of the songs are pure pulsing black death that sounds like its rumbling underground in some cavern.  The other songs just drone and fill the album space and dont quite reach the greatness of the others.

Referring back to Averse Sefira, a band they should take note of is Prosanctus Inferi.  While being a technical band they dont put the listener into a state where they have to over analyze the music, hopelessly waiting for some epic riff to hit them.  Its just raw thirsty black death that has pleased everyone who has given them a listen.

October 15, 2011, 03:01:09 PM

Averse Sefira requires way to much focus and attention to actually get through listening to their entire albums.  Its too technical, it doesnt stay interesting, especially Tetragrammatical Astygmata...  They have their moments and thats about it. 

Uh, have you actually listened to Advent Parallax? Most of the riffs are actually quite simple in a memorable, black metal sort of way. Most of the technicality just comes from strange and dissonant chord shapes. The song structures are pretty easy to follow as well, and manage to be different and unpredictable without being needlessly complex or difficult to keep up with. Great album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha9VnXj5Yl0&feature=related

October 15, 2011, 04:57:56 PM

Or even better: you start a separate thread to express your butthurt.

Dipshit.

A separate thread in which you gave up and posted kitten pictures while other people proceeded to get somewhere with a conversation.

If your intent is to improve the DLA, you should consider being at least a tiny bit more polite. I get that trolling is all the rage on ANUS, but you can't really get things done if everyone is just screaming at each other about symbolic bullshit.

October 15, 2011, 05:16:24 PM
Uh, have you actually listened to Advent Parallax? Most of the riffs are actually quite simple in a memorable, black metal sort of way. Most of the technicality just comes from strange and dissonant chord shapes. The song structures are pretty easy to follow as well, and manage to be different and unpredictable without being needlessly complex or difficult to keep up with. Great album.

I find this to be their worst album, oddly enough.  The vocals sound like Satyricon, much more tame than the previous albums.  I don't find any of their works memorable at all, I always lose interest quarter way through their songs.  They have their moments though... I was just elaborating on their loose ends in my own opinion.

October 16, 2011, 07:32:39 PM

I find this to be their worst album, oddly enough.  The vocals sound like Satyricon, much more tame than the previous albums.  I don't find any of their works memorable at all, I always lose interest quarter way through their songs.  They have their moments though... I was just elaborating on their loose ends in my own opinion.

I think this stems from the fact that, while Averse's overall compostion and structure of songs are great, a great deal of the riffs that they use, while appropriate in context, are rather dull in and of themselves. Strange that you find Advent Parallax to be their worst though, as Tetragrammatical suffers from this a lot more.

Anyway, I think AnHero made a pretty good point. It's rather hard to point to bands that need reviewing if there is no clear objective as to whether the DLA should be historical, promote merely the best, point out examples of certain styles or what have you.

October 16, 2011, 09:32:31 PM
On Advent... I think they lost touch with the melodic composition that made their previous albums great.

For the main topic of this thread, Exodus.

October 16, 2011, 10:36:36 PM
Averse Sefira DEMANDS full attention when you listen to them. Anything less and you lose the picture of what they're trying to do. Though they can over-indulge technically, I can view these errors as minor since I find that most material I've heard from them is stellar.

November 11, 2011, 06:29:53 AM
Intestine Baalism' s last 2 LPs.

November 13, 2011, 03:19:41 AM
Averse Sefira DEMANDS full attention when you listen to them. Anything less and you lose the picture of what they're trying to do.

While I agree with this, the reward for that attention isn't anything spectacular or fulfilling. There's only so much you want to listen to before it starts to grate. There are a few enduring melodies here and there (especially Homecoming's March, which is the album I keep coming back to), but overall it just seems to want to beat you to death with its own awesomeness. It is good stuff, but will never be entirely convincing for me.

November 19, 2011, 01:11:46 PM
Nattens Madrigal?

While this is a fairly good album, its inclusion seems to be based on characteristics other than excellence. I was under the impression that this album was included in the archives to represent the decline of black metal into an aesthetic copy of itself with waning impetus from the genre's originators. I think that NM does this well, and should be included in the archives.

This album is a totally retarded sell-out.

If you cannot see through the fake on this one... well, a DLA review won't help you!