Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Disgusting Blasphemies Against God

Disgusting Blasphemies Against God
August 28, 2010, 10:19:21 PM
I'm assuming it's top notch, but has anybody heard it yet?  Anybody wanna upload?

Re: Disgusting Blasphemies Against God
August 28, 2010, 10:29:28 PM
I'll be in the minority(maybe not here, but overall), but I find that Profanatitas... is still better. Which is not to say that Disgusting... is anything but fantastic. One noticeable change is in the melodies; they're much more agile, having less of the decaying, hammering nature that was in the debut album and turning into something more like a primal expression of inner fury. It's actually a bit surreal to hear Profanatica becoming so melodically expressive. This is especially apparent towards the end of the album. Another change people will talk/have been talking about is the use of actual drums... I couldn't care less either way(I actually liked the drum machine in the debut), but you'll definitely notice a difference in the sound.

I'd be glad to upload it but I only bought it on vinyl and don't have a way of transferring that into digital files.

August 29, 2010, 02:00:58 AM
right you are, IMO it is top-notch.  Got the LP in the mail just the other day and i couldnt wait to play it.  I thought it would start with a creepy fucking intro like the shining intro to "The grandmasters sessions"  unfortunatly, no intro, it just kicks off with Black Cum.  I find it really hard to compare to Profanatitas De Domonatia...  They sound nothing alike.  If you have heard the first three tracks (black cum etc.) its gives a good impression as to what the rest of the album sounds like.  The atmosphere of this album takes me to a black swamp with thick goopey bubbles popping at the surface with thunderous clouds above, absolutely no colour just shades of black is all i can think of.  best song of the record  IMO has to be "Smashing Religious Fucking Statues"

September 02, 2010, 09:55:38 PM
Disgusting Blasphemies is awesome. Don't get too hung up over the lyrics, the lyrics on this album melt together with the music to form a whole and that's what makes it so good. Even if lyrics such as Angel With Cock may seem childish, it fits perfectly with the music and the atmosphere they're creating. The music is dark and dirty, like the contents of a toilet in hell. Sometimes the riffs are surprisingly melodic though, which is good. There's enough variation to keep my attention.

Disgusting Blasphemies will probably be my favorite album of 2010.

Oh and Paul Ledney will soon replace God. Prepare for shit and blood raining from the heavens eternally. Hails to Paul Ledney!

September 03, 2010, 11:00:24 AM
One of the best I heard these days. Even our cat likes it !

September 08, 2010, 12:46:50 PM
Maybe it's best for you and even in your cat, but not for everybody..
Peace..

September 08, 2010, 02:29:08 PM
It is possible to judge music objectively..
War..

September 09, 2010, 01:30:33 AM
Peace..

This is actually quite incorrect.

September 09, 2010, 02:50:43 AM
I agree with istaros about Profanatitas... being better. I also find the second half of Disgusting... better than the first.

September 09, 2010, 11:19:18 PM
Peace..

This is actually quite incorrect.

As an aside: I do agree with it. After all "black metal isn't for everybody"

September 12, 2010, 06:05:20 PM
How many people have actually bought this record yet?

September 13, 2010, 02:47:05 AM
This record is a disgusting piece of black shit.

Only for Profanatica is that heaping praise.

September 16, 2010, 12:26:41 PM
Paul Ledney used to be a Mormon.......

September 16, 2010, 07:45:48 PM
Paul Ledney used to be a Mormon.......

And now he shits in the mouth of the Holy Mother, got a problem with that?

You talkin' to me? Huh, PUNK!

September 18, 2010, 06:15:42 AM
My objective (lolololol) opinion of this music:

Some quality fucking metal,. The riffs aren't as rhythmically complex as in Profanatitas, but the production is better (i.e.completely fucking filthy) and melodically it's really quite striking.

best song of the record  IMO has to be "Smashing Religious Fucking Statues"
Smashing Religious Fucking Statues, cool song. My favorite song title on the album, vocal lines are some of the best on the album with their deranged, wild rhythm; however, I can't say I found the riffs all too interesting in this one.