Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

DAWN post new track

DAWN post new track
September 02, 2010, 02:44:03 AM
Veterans of metal and survivors of countless battles, DAWN's never ending goal is to create an experience of total musical as well as atmospheric supremacy. Ten years have passed since the coming of DAWN, ten years of hard strife that in the end have hardened them into the powerful entity they have become today.

New track "Track 2" can be heard on the myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/dawnofficial

Re: DAWN post new track
September 03, 2010, 06:57:43 PM
Exceeded my expectations on first listen.  We'll see how well it holds up...

September 04, 2010, 12:08:05 AM
Exceeded my expectations on first listen.  We'll see how well it holds up...

By God, you're right.  I'm not detesting this in the slightest.

September 04, 2010, 02:15:53 AM
I approached Slaughtersun with high expectations, having heard Dawn mentioned alongside Sacramentum, and was bitterly disappointed. The compositions were too long and lingered on stale ideas endlessly.

This track, surprisingly, is an improvement -- shorter and more subtlety. I still have a feeling it'll suck after time though.

September 04, 2010, 08:38:47 AM
Slaughtersun could've used roughly 1-2 minutes cut off of each song (except the first track and the interlude), but the compositional quality in terms of melodic ideas and riff structure makes up for it somewhat. Not an A by a long shot, but also above average. B/B- somewhere in between those two.

This new track sounds promising. We've been waiting for the blasted album for too long now.

September 04, 2010, 08:05:23 PM
Wow, the band that once made a semi-decent debut album and then made a subpar Gothenburgcore album (Slaughtersun) has returned to make standard boring melodic black metal!

Why would Dawn matter anyway? Because they were reviewed on anus once?