Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

How did metalheads become such wimps?

Re: How did metalheads become such wimps?
September 13, 2010, 06:12:35 PM
Not saying anything to your intents with that comment, but I never understood the whole "no it's actually 6 1 6, not 666" thing with intelligent metalheads. I understand that 616 is how it appeared originally, but religious imagery in metal is about perception, not "reality". 666 and 616 are equally as mythological yet one is regarded as an evil symbol by the entire world and one is not, therefore the one with associated meaning is the greater tool for blasphemy. If no one actually believes 616 is the number of the beast, then it probably isn't.

/Banal small talk

September 13, 2010, 06:13:36 PM
Further, 666 is just flat out cooler.

September 13, 2010, 06:33:42 PM
I was just being a smartarse.

September 13, 2010, 07:24:10 PM
I'm aware. Just wanted to get my small-talk on, u kno.

September 14, 2010, 11:25:48 AM
Fair enough.  Maybe this is a good opportunity to talk about how the inverted cross is the Cross of St. Peter, pentagrams were widely used as symbols for Health by pre-20th century Christians, and the Nazi swastika is not "the wrong way round".

September 14, 2010, 11:44:30 AM
It goes to show how easily the meaning of symbols can be inverted, without anyone even noticing.

Very interesting.

September 14, 2010, 11:56:38 AM
Fair enough.  Maybe this is a good opportunity to talk about how the inverted cross is the Cross of St. Peter, pentagrams were widely used as symbols for Health by pre-20th century Christians, and the Nazi swastika is not "the wrong way round".

Touche, except I've never had Cynical bug the shit out of me in a discussion about those things though.

Caffeine

September 14, 2010, 11:35:46 PM
Caffeine, all you're doing is defending the racism and idiocy on youtube where some elitist bags on good bands just because they're popular, or have a Person of Color in the video. People like you are what is wrong with metal today. If you don't like it, DON'T LISTEN TO IT. Everyone is allowed to like what they like! Just because I like Dying Fetus or whatever doesn't mean I'm stupid. Nope!

equality 666

You didn't even read my post did you?  I never said anything about you being stupid, and I don't know why you are saying that I defend idiocy and racism.  I was merely pointing out the idiotic bickering that I see because some punkasses and elites fight rather than shutting up and enjoying the music.  I don't know how your perception steered so far away from my post, but I hope you now see that you misinterpreted what I said.  I never said people can't listen to what they want either, but the faking needs to stop.....I don't see what is wrong with that.  I don't try to be someone I'm not and it works damn well for me. 

September 15, 2010, 12:04:20 AM
I don't know if I should judge you for misinterpreting what should have been blatant sarcasm, question my sarcasm-delivery-system or look deeper into my soul to see if somehow you saw through the fake sarcasm to an inner truth that I subconsciously confessed that I don't even know about. Now I'll sit alone in my room tonight, instead of helping my son with his homework, wondering if I really do like Dying Fetus, dejected.

September 15, 2010, 12:10:47 AM
It goes to show how easily the meaning of symbols can be inverted, without anyone even noticing.

Very interesting.

Indeed. It also stirs wonder in the fact the same, recurring geometric shapes and symbols can instill such powerful emotional reactions from the human mind, generation after generations. Why are these symbols so powerful to humans? Is there a selective advantage to symbolism?

September 15, 2010, 03:18:23 AM
Man, the thread linked here is fucking hilarious.

That aside, I had a conversation with a friend on this lately.  I`m really annoyed with the effete or alternatively obese and inactive corps of subhumans that tend to attend metal shows in my area.  They lack any sort of balls, bluntly speaking.  And then even the more superficially ``virile`` scene, while a bit more fun, basically lives to drink, mosh, and buy metal CDs.  When these are your life, you are a sad person indeed.

September 15, 2010, 07:12:17 AM
I don't know if I should judge you for misinterpreting what should have been blatant sarcasm, question my sarcasm-delivery-system or look deeper into my soul to see if somehow you saw through the fake sarcasm to an inner truth that I subconsciously confessed that I don't even know about. Now I'll sit alone in my room tonight, instead of helping my son with his homework, wondering if I really do like Dying Fetus, dejected.
I'd go with questioning your sarcasm-delivery-system.

September 15, 2010, 05:20:55 PM
When were metalheads NOT wimps?

September 15, 2010, 07:21:35 PM
None of the Metalheads I know are wimps :s

September 15, 2010, 07:47:24 PM
When were metalheads NOT wimps?

When fuckin KORN and LIMP BIZKIT were so badass, metal was so good back then man! Oh dude you wanna go halves on this gram of yay? It's the only way I can keep my dick from getting hard listening to this shit.