Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Skogsberg vs. Swanö - Wisdom from the Crypts

Skogsberg vs. Swanö - Wisdom from the Crypts
September 06, 2010, 10:56:13 AM
Interview with Tomas Skogsberg (Sunlight Studios) and Dan Swanö (Unisound Studios and many bands)

"People from all over Sweden (and beyond) travelled for hours upon hours to see Merciless, Grave, Entombed, Sepultura...you name it. And I honestly spent a lot more outside trading demos than I did looking at the bands. And by the time I got like 20 letters a day and recorded death metal demos every weekend in my small 4 track studio...well...I knew something unique had happened to me!" - Swano

"I started the (Sunlight) studio in a pro-way around 86-87 at the age of 26." - Skogsberg

"I love working with the “elders“ like Asphyx and Hail Of Bullets. Most of them are family fathers and this is their one true style of music that they “fall back“ to. Most elders fall back to country or blues or some other stuff. These guys go banging their skulls to pieces armed to their teeth with pointy axes and HM-2 pedals in their forties! Respect!" - Swano

"Edge Of Sanity - “The Spectral Sorrows”: Sounds fucked up in everyway, yet it broke the band into a bigger market. Chris from Therion once told me: “How come you have the worst and the best sounding snare on the same album???“ - Swano

"Death Metal is for me is an unexpected twist in my musicality that have been the key to the life I live now." - Swano

- Conducted by guest writer Sascha Beselt of the Death Metal band Mandatory