Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

UG Krishnamurti

UG Krishnamurti
September 06, 2010, 03:26:48 PM
Anyone heard of this guy? He says some pretty interesting things

http://www.ugkrishnamurti.net/

Re: UG Krishnamurti
September 19, 2010, 08:45:01 AM
This guy is great, one of the best 20th centuryspiritual thinkers in my opinion.

September 19, 2010, 09:28:29 AM
Actually he leaves me a bit confused. I like to read about some spiritual practices, and if you want to practice, it will not help to read what he says.

He absolutely shuns every spiritual teacher and practices, doesn't endorse meditation, or any other thing. So if you want to meditate, or other form of control, and read his words, they will only confuse your head.

He spent a great part of his life looking for illumination, practicing yoga and meditation. Then one day he claimed to be changed by an intense experience, but he claims it had nothig to do with the years of practice.

I think he wouldn't call himself spiritual.

September 19, 2010, 11:29:37 AM
I don't care what he would call himself. One of the things you have to keep in mind when reading him is some of his ideas are way off as a result of his upbringing, and you have to discard them, for example he once claimed his cells were changed structurally by an spiritual experience he had. That, of course, doesn't invalidate what he has to say about other things.

And he wasn't against meditation, but he wasn't for what most people think of as meditation either.

If you can get the book where he is interviewed by several professors and buddhists, I think that's the best one.

September 19, 2010, 01:51:31 PM
he once claimed his cells were changed structurally by an spiritual experience he had.

I believe this is possible.

September 19, 2010, 04:44:36 PM
How is that? Scientists would definitely be interested in large-scale tissue mutations in the brain from such an event.

September 19, 2010, 05:42:15 PM
Maybe the changes can occur in a level that we can't see.

Anyway, from what I've been reading, I didn't see him endorse any form of meditation whatsoever.

He basically says that the only activity he endorses is hunting for food and that every spiritual practice is a delusion. I think he is definetly a nihilist. I agree with some things he says

September 19, 2010, 10:45:33 PM
He seems closer to Buddhism in its most basic form.  Is this correct?

September 20, 2010, 02:33:55 AM
Proclaiming other practices invalid because of your failure make them work is arrogant and stupid.

Quote from: esoteric
he once claimed his cells were changed structurally by an spiritual experience he had.

It changes brain chemistry.

September 20, 2010, 07:12:56 AM
Proclaiming other practices invalid because of your failure make them work is arrogant and stupid.

Do you have any background in biochemistry? Because around 100% of biochemists will tell you this is impossible.

September 20, 2010, 07:44:03 AM
The human species should be wiped out for what it has done to every other species on this planet!

The only reason for this organism to exist is to give continuity to the human species. Sex is only for reproduction, but you have turned that into a pleasure movement.

You are just an animal, but you are not ready to accept that. You are not more intelligent than the other animals.

The demand for permanence -- permanent relationships, permanent happiness, and permanent bliss -- in any field and in any area of human existence is the cause of human misery. There is nothing to permanence.

So donít be a damned fool! Go and make money. Thatís the only thing that impresses me Ė cash on the barrel!

Sorry, but when I read this, my bullshit detector raises a 123 dB alarm. I can only advise everyone to not accept such misosophy, as it can be quite dangerous for the soul.

September 20, 2010, 07:51:39 AM

Do you have any background in biochemistry? Because around 100% of biochemists will tell you this is impossible.

Which is impossible? The experience itself or the change it produces?

September 20, 2010, 09:16:09 AM
Maybe the changes can occur in a level that we can't see.

That's an awfully convenient methodology you have there.

September 20, 2010, 09:32:23 AM

You may be confused. Brain chemistry can certainly be changed.

That's an awfully convenient methodology you have there.

Well, some people believe in the existence of other dimensios that are related to this one. I don't really know, but I don't discard it.

September 20, 2010, 01:43:14 PM

Which is impossible? The experience itself or the change it produces?

This is the idea I am struggling with. I'm not even sure he's talking about a physical mutation. He seems to be talking on a quantum-mechanical level which makes it difficult or maybe even impossible to understand in biological terms.
http://jiddu-krishnamurti.net/en/the-ending-of-time/1980-04-15-jiddu-krishnamurti-the-ending-of-time-can-insight-bring-about-a-mutation-of-the-brain-cells

You may be confused. Brain chemistry can certainly be changed.

Yes the entire brain tissue being permanently and instantaneously mutated from 'insight'? It would be the first i've come across it.