Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Teitanblood, Grave Miasma, Vasaeleth, Cruciamentum, and Grave Desecration

Let me elaborate a bit. The riffs are cool, and it's obvious that the band does have some aptitude for songwriting, but when they put their riffs together, they fail to emphasize certain notes that would allow tension build-up, and generally the riffs become kind of stagnant.
Yeah. It was pretty enjoyable to listen to, but there is certainly room for development. Given they're new I hope they manage to find their way and release something better next time, since I do like where the album was going.

I Just finished listening to the Cruciamentum demo "Convocation of Crawling Chaos" and i was impressed in many ways. I've always loved Incantation and I'm not really opposed to hearing more bands try to take that idea and put a spin on it, or even do something new with it. Listening to this album was a nice way to end my day, and whether some may call it a rip off, or whatever prospective you decide to take, I'm sure with the rate of how Death Metal is being portrayed these days, to some extent seeing newer bands reverting back to old formulas in creating extreme music couldn't be the worst idea.

What kind of a feeble comment is that?

Ever got back from the pub after a few drinks, smoked some marijuana and then engaged in feral, animalistic, urine enhanced fucking with your girlfriend? If you ever get the opportunity to do so, throw on some Teitanblood and see if things work out for you, but I'm guessing folks here are too busy stroking their cock rods to 90s "original classics" and posting endlesly on the internet about how worthless modern Heavy Metal is to engage in such behaviour. Honestly, how fucking tedious... just like these bands, yup?

The fact that you like these bands that were criticized in the original post makes it difficult for me to take you seriously. If you would have worded your argument in more neutral and explicative terms than maybe I would have been able to think of it as something else other then the rant of an enraged fan-boy.

Uh.. Pretty sure it's the admitted urolagnia that makes him a joke, more than his taste in music.

You guys, eh?! Honestly! Admitted "urolagnia" (digging the medical term, holmes!) makes someone a joke? I am more amused by an individual's obsession with debating irerrelevant music on a website than one's sexual tastes. Animalism and chaos are often enhanced by sound. That some peope never learn this is more indicative of a pedestrian mentality to life which I cannot relate to.

By the way, my "rant" wasn't a rant. I'm more amused by the chin stroking indignation on this web site than anything else. The elitist attitude has long been a mask for individuals lacking in self esteem and social skills. I find this 100% more tiresome than any band sounding like another band of which you owned an album by that was better when it first came out 10 years ago. You dig? Probably fucking  not...

Admitted "urolagnia" (digging the medical term, holmes!) makes someone a joke? I am more amused by an individual's obsession with debating irerrelevant music on a website than one's sexual tastes.
So you come to a music-based message board to become the object of your own amusement. To masturbate, in short. Which is not much different from the type of pleasure gained from listening to the bands mentioned in the OP. By the way, the answer to your question is "yes."

By the way, my "rant" wasn't a rant. I'm more amused by the chin stroking indignation on this web site than anything else. The elitist attitude has long been a mask for individuals lacking in self esteem and social skills. I find this 100% more tiresome than any band sounding like another band of which you owned an album by that was better when it first came out 10 years ago. You dig? Probably fucking  not...
You're still ranting.

Animalism and chaos are often enhanced by sound. That some peope never learn this is more indicative of a pedestrian mentality to life which I cannot relate to.
Thank you for your insight, as well as for informing us of your superiority. Obviously we are but DanaŽ before you, o Zeus.

You guys, eh?! Honestly! Admitted "urolagnia" (digging the medical term, holmes!) makes someone a joke? I am more amused by an individual's obsession with debating irerrelevant music on a website than one's sexual tastes. Animalism and chaos are often enhanced by sound. That some peope never learn this is more indicative of a pedestrian mentality to life which I cannot relate to.

By the way, my "rant" wasn't a rant. I'm more amused by the chin stroking indignation on this web site than anything else. The elitist attitude has long been a mask for individuals lacking in self esteem and social skills. I find this 100% more tiresome than any band sounding like another band of which you owned an album by that was better when it first came out 10 years ago. You dig? Probably fucking  not...

Anti-elitist elitism: the common hypocrisy of the common man.

I've recently discovered all this stuff, and it's the first time I've been really engaged in new death metal since...I was born. I'd really like to see this wave go somewhere. Necros Christos has been neglected in this discussion but I feel they're one of the best so far I've heard in this.

I'd imagine that bands in this genre are either going to ;

1. Fall back into their influences and and become uninteresting.

2. Try to emerge from the shadow of their influences, in the spirit of their influences.

It's been long enough since true music of this spirit has been produced that I think we can let these bands revel in the genre and in blasphemy during the first leg of development before we shoot this thing in the head prematurely.

I Just finished listening to the Cruciamentum demo "Convocation of Crawling Chaos" and i was impressed in many ways. I've always loved Incantation and I'm not really opposed to hearing more bands try to take that idea and put a spin on it, or even do something new with it. Listening to this album was a nice way to end my day, and whether some may call it a rip off, or whatever prospective you decide to take, I'm sure with the rate of how Death Metal is being portrayed these days, to some extent seeing newer bands reverting back to old formulas in creating extreme music couldn't be the worst idea.

This mirrors my sentiments. At the very least this stuff is good for the same reason bands like Setherial, Pyrexia, Exhumed and others have made it into the DLA. I don't think it would be realistic to expect metal to start developing at the rate it was between 83 and 93 when sounds evolved significantly and simultaneously worldwide in a matter of months.