Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Hessian culture : Severed Ways - The Norse Discovery of America

Severed Ways: The Norse Discovery of America: Part 1 / Part 2

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1062965/

Has anyone here had the pleasure of seeing "Severed Ways : The Norse Discovery of America"?

It's rare that a movie that features metal is actually a metal movie, in terms of spirit and its message. It captures the spirit of the best romantic black metal while also keying in on the conflict between Paganism and Christianity in Viking culture, both external and internal. Mainstream reviews for the movie read like a VH1.com review of Mutiilation or Burzum no doubt would. It's by no means a perfect movie, but I like it better than 99% of the junk that has emerged from Hollywood.

Thanks to Niko for sharing the megaupload links.
Lettin' nillas know.

I hope our aryan overlords will emerge form their l secret base below antartica and wipe all of those under 500 of IQ And don't have the ability to mindtravel into the Xerces Galaxy.

I'm incredibly interested.  If I can't download it directly from somewhere, I'll see if it's streaming anywhere.

http://www.torrentz.com/search?q=severed+ways

If you use utorrent or another bit torrent program, load a few of those trackers and it should be good to go in a few hours. If you want me to share the file specifically let me know and I'll find a free resource to share the movie.

Lettin' nillas know.

I hope our aryan overlords will emerge form their l secret base below antartica and wipe all of those under 500 of IQ And don't have the ability to mindtravel into the Xerces Galaxy.

Megaupload links over a gig only work for premium users, Here it is split into two 700mb files:

Severed Ways: The Norse Discovery of America: Part 1 / Part 2
Information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom, wisdom is not truth, truth is not beauty, beauty is not love, love is not music, music is the BEST.
~ Frank Zappa

Hail. Thank you sir.
Lettin' nillas know.

Any takers?
Lettin' nillas know.

Sounds neat. Downloading now.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Thanks. I'd like to get some opinions from the users here on this. I think this is the kind of media we should be promoting.
Lettin' nillas know.

It looks interesting, but I don't have time to watch it right now. As far as promotable movies go, I will say that The Edge is very good, and the closest I've seen a film come to ANUS ideas.
HE WHO REAPS STORMS, SOWS WINDS. HE WHO SOWS WINDS, REAPS STORMS.

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."
-Ecclesiastes 7:2

I saw this film a while ago. While I liked what I took to be the idea behind the whole thing, I thought the film was flawed in a number of ways. From what I remember it was at times clumsy and adolescent. Sometimes it came across as a bad film student project more than anything. I think the director's skills don't quite live up to his ambitions yet. It seems obvious that the film is kind of trying to be something like a Werner Herzog wilderness epic (the inclusion of Popol Vuh on the soundtrack is further evidence of the Herzog influence.) But the film lacks the tension, drama and subtlety of Herzog's Aguirre. I should watch it again, since I vaguely remember liking some things about it.

It looks interesting, but I don't have time to watch it right now. As far as promotable movies go, I will say that The Edge is very good, and the closest I've seen a film come to ANUS ideas.

"I'm gonna kill the bear!"

That quotation will be on my tombstone.

It does seem a bit rough around the edges. But it's important to remember that this was the director/writer/lead actor's first ever project. The youthful reveling in creation seen in this is not unlike a spirited first demo from an aspiring young band. I found it quite refreshing. This was another parallel I drew between this movie and the metal that so influences it.
Lettin' nillas know.

From what I remember it was at times clumsy and adolescent... I think the director's skills don't quite live up to his ambitions yet.
From the few reviews I read on IMDB, I immediately assumed this was a major aspect of the film. However, that only made me all the more interested - like Wolfgang pointed out, there's often a lot of charm in someone's vision exceeding their abilities. This is one of the biggest draws of albums like Morbid Visions and Facta Loquuntur.

"I'm gonna kill the bear!"

That quotation will be on my tombstone.
You'd be hard-pressed to do better.
HE WHO REAPS STORMS, SOWS WINDS. HE WHO SOWS WINDS, REAPS STORMS.

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."
-Ecclesiastes 7:2

The extremely sparse dialogue was initially off-putting, but once the initial disorientation wore off, I found it to be quite a good movie.  The headbanging scene was particularly enjoyable... The whole time I was watching the movie I was wondering if maybe this was a movie made by disciples of the ANUS.  You know...people actually achieving things that are worthwhile.

I certainly want to buy a copy of this because I do want to encourage the makers to make more cultural works.  So you people that enjoyed the free download, act on your so called Hessian philosophy and encourage quality.  I will be checking receipts. 
"Just like your ancestors
you will fight today."

-Rob Darken

I'll show you mine first:

Shipping Method:        Standard Shipping
Shipping Preference:    Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items:      $8.26
Shipping & Handling:      $2.98
     ------
Total for this Order:      $11.24

Delivery estimate: October 15, 2010 - November 1, 2010
Shipping estimate for these items: October 8, 2010 - October 12, 2010