Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Some blue eyed dude stashed weed for 27 centuries

Some blue eyed dude stashed weed for 27 centuries
September 29, 2010, 02:26:41 AM
In a simpler age, the plant was sacred, having significance in rites. Thankfully it is contraband now because people only know how to use it to escape their own selves for a while, adrift like flotsam in modern life. How much has been lost to us.

Scientists have discovered two pounds of a dried plant that turned out to be the oldest marijuana in the world. Inside one of the Yanghai Tombs excavated in the Gobi Desert, a team of researchers found the cannabis packed into a wooden bowl resting inside a 2,700-year-old grave. It was placed near the head of a blue-eyed, 45-year-old shaman among other objects like bridles and a harp to be used in afterlife.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/discoblog/2008/12/08/the-world%2525E2%252580%252599s-oldest-stash-scientists-find-2700-year-old-pot/

I've never seen any problem with making use of substances which cause desired effects, so long as the desired effects are a means to something more important.  Smoking weed is quite the enabler of a meditative state (indeed, that's what marijuana is used for by some Saddhus).  I prefer Salvia, since it's legal, faster, and probably less dangerous than the ever-so-slightly dangerous cannabis (which, in turn, is less dangerous than the really-pretty-dangerous alcohol).

How is pot dangerous?

If legality is your primary concern, you could try that legal synthetic cannabinoids marketed as incense in headshops nowadays. Same effects as THC, but legal. Probably more dangerous though.

I've never seen any problem with making use of substances which cause desired effects, so long as the desired effects are a means to something more important.  Smoking weed is quite the enabler of a meditative state (indeed, that's what marijuana is used for by some Saddhus).  I prefer Salvia, since it's legal, faster, and probably less dangerous than the ever-so-slightly dangerous cannabis (which, in turn, is less dangerous than the really-pretty-dangerous alcohol).

Really? The one or two times I've tried Salvia I did not enjoy it at all. The high is extremely intense (though short lived); I could see someone who may be too gullible or naive doing something really terrible while on that stuff.

How is pot dangerous?

It causes homosexuality people like this.

Btw I read somewhere else that several 10 inch stone dildos were also found in the Tomb. Oh well, as if the harp wasn't a complete give away.

I've never seen any problem with making use of substances which cause desired effects, so long as the desired effects are a means to something more important.  Smoking weed is quite the enabler of a meditative state (indeed, that's what marijuana is used for by some Saddhus).  I prefer Salvia, since it's legal, faster, and probably less dangerous than the ever-so-slightly dangerous cannabis (which, in turn, is less dangerous than the really-pretty-dangerous alcohol).

Really? The one or two times I've tried Salvia I did not enjoy it at all. The high is extremely intense (though short lived); I could see someone who may be too gullible or naive doing something really terrible while on that stuff.

I don't think that is an issue, unless you are driving. It is totally incapacitating for it's brief duration, some people can't even stand up on the stuff. However I would say it could cause you some serious psychological damage if you already have existing anxiety issues or depression, then again - so will any drug.

My experience with salvia was particularly disturbing and basically scared me away from drugs for good.

In a simpler age, the plant was sacred, having significance in rites. Thankfully it is contraband now because people only know how to use it to escape their own selves for a while, adrift like flotsam in modern life.
It's also many times stronger today (I think at least 20 times?) than it was back then.

Smoking weed is quite the enabler of a meditative state (indeed, that's what marijuana is used for by some Saddhus).
Personally I don't like weed at all and I never use it, I find its effects to be dirty. I find shrooms or DXM to be more conducive towards good meditational states.

I prefer Salvia, since it's legal, faster, and probably less dangerous than the ever-so-slightly dangerous cannabis (which, in turn, is less dangerous than the really-pretty-dangerous alcohol).

Salvia can be very dangerous, and it's important to have a trip sitter if you don't absolutely know what you're doing. On medium doses you can easily get knocked 'out of it' within a second flat as you're taking the hit, so you could easily drop the lighter and cause a fire. On the highest doses it's well-documented that you can lose complete control of your physical body and become totally detached from your surroundings, so that while you're in a completely different place your body meanwhile could be running full-speed against the wall or hitting sharp corners on your furniture. It's a real crime that D.A.R.E. was telling school children salvia is a bogus drug producing no effect whatsoever, that's dangerous misinformation. Admittedly salvia is a very temperamental drug and some people can't seem to get any effect from it, but it's important to recognize the potential dangers even if you personally haven't encountered them in your experiences.

How is pot dangerous?

It causes homosexuality people like this.

Btw I read somewhere else that several 10 inch stone dildos were also found in the Tomb. Oh well, as if the harp wasn't a complete give away.

That was all H here partner.

I generally chew the leaves, and occasionally smoke dried leaves.  Most of what you get that's called "Salvia" is processed crap ("extract"), which is generally a lot stronger.  Chewing will most likely induce visions, but usually yields a far calmer, longer, and more gentle experience than smoking, which can pull you into the wacko world of salvia in an instant (and drop you about as quickly).  Last time I took some was last Saturday, and it was a good experience, enabling me to focus very accutely on the concept of consciousness as being the overarching system of Reality (and/or Realities).  I had an interesting discussion about this topic with a friend of mine, after a ten or fifteen minute long "hallucination" (which was more a general idea of a series of images flowing through some obscure window in my mind), and finally felt relatively "normal" again after about an hour.  For the next few days, I felt very centred, and comfortably observant.  Now, obviously, the psychoactive effect of the drug has worn off completely, but the thread of thought which I revived is still very prominent, and the experience will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Much better than weed, which generally involves me and some friends laughing at stoner comics, trying to play video games, and listening to Basshunter as if it's God Incarnate in Music.

In a simpler age, the plant was sacred, having significance in rites. Thankfully it is contraband now because people only know how to use it to escape their own selves for a while, adrift like flotsam in modern life.
Is it contraband because "people only know how to use it to escape their own selves for a while," or is this, ahem, "fact" somehow unrelated to its legality?

Anyway, I would argue that religious rites are, for the most part, are designed to produce the feeling of control over and communion with a greater reality. However, there is no such thing as a "greater reality," there is only "reality," and any attempt to reach the sacred, that which is beyond the world, is merely a sign of one's incapacity to understand that the world is all-encompassing. Thus, we have the stoner-priest. Stay free

weed, which generally involves me and some friends laughing at stoner comics, trying to play video games, and listening to Basshunter as if it's God Incarnate in Music.
oh man, I wish I could say I have no idea what you're talking about, but yeah having stoner friends gets real old, like, within a week

I generally chew the leaves, and occasionally smoke dried leaves.  Most of what you get that's called "Salvia" is processed crap ("extract"), which is generally a lot stronger.  Chewing will most likely induce visions, but usually yields a far calmer, longer, and more gentle experience than smoking, which can pull you into the wacko world of salvia in an instant (and drop you about as quickly).  Last time I took some was last Saturday, and it was a good experience, enabling me to focus very accutely on the concept of consciousness as being the overarching system of Reality (and/or Realities).  I had an interesting discussion about this topic with a friend of mine, after a ten or fifteen minute long "hallucination" (which was more a general idea of a series of images flowing through some obscure window in my mind), and finally felt relatively "normal" again after about an hour.  For the next few days, I felt very centred, and comfortably observant.  Now, obviously, the psychoactive effect of the drug has worn off completely, but the thread of thought which I revived is still very prominent, and the experience will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Much better than weed, which generally involves me and some friends laughing at stoner comics, trying to play video games, and listening to Basshunter as if it's God Incarnate in Music.

I'm thinking on chewing on some leaves. I bought a liquid salvia extract that had no results with me.

Pot only makes you lazy and hungry after prolonged regular usage. I hardly see any psychoactive or remotely spiritual element in a pot trip. But some people are able to function and carry out their duties inspite of being potheads. Its  about strength of character whether you can find the right balance between sobriety and intoxication.

Magic Mushrooms on the other hand  have provided me with  awesome spiritual insights which I apply in "real " life.  A bad trip can fuck you up for good - but then again its about how positive you are deep down and whether you can deal with your fears out in the open.

The only drug other than Salvia and weed which I would ever consider taking is Mushrooms, so long as I know where they've come from/prepared them myself, etc.

Bel, how did you take the liquid extract?

No no, this and this drug suck and are for losers but THIS drug is good!

It was a extract mixed with alcohol, so it burned a lot. Because of this I couldn't leave it in the necessary time, and it produce lots of drool so that got in the way too. Now I have 1 full extract here but am never going to use it because it really burns (It says in instructions to mix it with water, but that didn't stop it from burning). I just felt a little dizzy, but I must have done it wrong.