Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

New York Death Militia International

New York Death Militia International
October 02, 2010, 08:14:57 AM
I am acquainted with some folks who are in this "club", so I decided to do some research.

It was founded by members of Mortician in 1987. It has many bands following it and advertises Possessed, Suffocation and Immolation among others as its supporters. It apparently is trying to bring "metalheads" together. Here's the problems I see: It allows the membership of anyone who listens to "brutal" music as long as they support the "scene" without question. This includes O-peth fans, quasi-gothic whores(who seem to be rampant within the group) and all manner of degenerate "metalheads". When no standard of quality is imposed and all metal is accepted, it will undoubtedly slip. What I want to know is why such a degenerate group has been unchallenged for around 13 years as well as the general opinion of the members of this forum on the club.

Re: New York Death Militia International
October 02, 2010, 08:24:41 PM
I have a soft-spot for quasi-gothic whores, probably because I'm pretty much one myself.

Assuming you are female, I like you already - funny reply!!

Anyway - I know plenty of NYDM folks(founders as well) and have good friends among them. I have NEVER met a "quasi-gothic whore" in the ranks myself, so I have no idea of what OP speaks. Perhaps it is regional as I am actually in New York? 

October 06, 2010, 02:41:31 PM
My experiences with the NYDM club have been disheartening.
I was lucky (misfortunate) enough to catch big LA New York Death Miltita promoter and president war pig out front of a local venue. He proceeded to discuss with me the benefits of joining this fraternity. One being free promotion and shows booked for your band. I asked him if they supported just any old act. He responded with "yes, as long as you are in NYDM." The sentence was unsuprisingly sprinkled with phrase "bro". I asked him why they allow the filth to procreate and destroy the scene, instead of promoting the truly great music. He looked at me angrily and said, you just don't get it bro.

His accompanying NYDM members that night were Neanderthals at best, hardly able to function on basic instinct alone. They sat and marveled as this war pig fellow boasted on and on about how much money he makes, how long he's been in the scene (40 years), who he knows, who he can book, and how overall great he is.

My overall impression of the southern California NYDM membership is a herd of status chasing serfs.
There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us

October 06, 2010, 04:11:58 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with H.S.'s impressions.  These vermin were running around the Possessed / Sadistic Intent show as if they ran the place, showing typical thug / jock mentality.  The thing which struck me most was the sense of entitlement and chest-thumping bravado these twats felt as an expression of their groupthink / football-team wienie-wolf-pack. Towards the end of the show, several of these assholes climbed onstage and stood IN FRONT of Bay and Rick of Possessed / Sadistic Intent, who were trying their hardest to deliver a smoking set, and were now inhibited from doing so by these small-dicked wonders. 

Metal does not need conformity and gangsterism; it is about the nobility of the individual.  The way these dicks were acting reminded me of how the Suicidal crews used to act back in the day  .  .  .  and to any of them who might be hanging around here: get the fuck out of the "scene" and grow yourself a brain and a pair of balls.

October 06, 2010, 04:43:16 PM
I should also mention that membership is ~ 100 but BUT you get your official NYDM patch. You must pass initiation which consists of being a servant to the rest of the members. Forced to do humiliating and remedial tasks. Much like a fraternity.  But it's ok bro because we all had to do it. HA.

The members I encountered all had matching leather vests. It was cute. Honestly it appeared as if they had all gone out before the show to buy them and sewed on what few patches they had, including the ever coveted NYDM patch. Pathetic. One of the mongrels even flashed her Belphegor underwear. A few of them were large fans of As I Lay Dying and other metalcore. They had only just heard of immolation a few months ago.
There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us

October 08, 2010, 02:30:28 AM
Yeah the whole thing seems a bit misguided. I love New York style Death Metal and always will, regardless of what most think of these bands....

Suffocation
Pyrexia
Immolation
Incantation
Internal Bleeding(earlier recordings)
Skinless(also earlier recordings)

Good stuff....Alot of these bands raped Suffocation's ingenious but I can't blame them for doing so. Suffocation were groundbreaking to say the least!
I will slash and burn and salt the earth so that nothing will grow.

October 08, 2010, 06:31:51 AM
The name sounds serious but i believe mortician started it mostly for their groupies .

October 08, 2010, 01:27:54 PM
It seems logical as most of the NY scene is filled with wigger slam, which encourages such brainless behavior.

October 08, 2010, 07:11:20 PM
They're no different than the hardcore crews in the 1980's.

October 08, 2010, 11:45:47 PM
It seems logical as most of the NY scene is filled with wigger slam, which encourages such brainless behavior.

I can see that for new york, but here in california there are no wiggers into metal. We do have an overpopulation of brainless dirty mexican thrashers. Their involvement in NYDM has been minimal in my experience. They should be more selective with their membership. I suppose that would cut down drastically on entry fees though.

October 09, 2010, 01:32:04 AM
Here it is: NYDM is a GOOD club in that they accomplish their goals, and they accomplish them well. I think someone hit it on the bullseye in that they promote the shit out of their own members.
As to caliber of NYDM's foundational ideology... it's laughable at best, but I really don't think they're concerned with that.
The quasi-goth whores are there. I don't know if they're actual members or temporary sacrifices for the real members. Who knows.
The fundamental problem does not lie within NYDM's existence, but the unwillingness of fans to look beyond their sphere of influence wherein Death Metal is concerned. Either that, or it's people just getting upset with their extensive presence within the "scene."
"I hung there on a cross as you are hanging, and I lived, thanks to circumstances and a stamina peculiar to barbarians. But you civilised men are soft; your lives are not nailed to your spines as are ours. Your fortitude consists mainly in inflicting torment, not in enduring it. You will be dead before sundown." - REH

chv

October 13, 2010, 08:48:26 AM
My experiences with the NYDM club have been disheartening.
I was lucky (misfortunate) enough to catch big LA New York Death Miltita promoter and president war pig out front of a local venue. He proceeded to discuss with me the benefits of joining this fraternity. One being free promotion and shows booked for your band. I asked him if they supported just any old act. He responded with "yes, as long as you are in NYDM." The sentence was unsuprisingly sprinkled with phrase "bro". I asked him why they allow the filth to procreate and destroy the scene, instead of promoting the truly great music. He looked at me angrily and said, you just don't get it bro.

His accompanying NYDM members that night were Neanderthals at best, hardly able to function on basic instinct alone. They sat and marveled as this war pig fellow boasted on and on about how much money he makes, how long he's been in the scene (40 years), who he knows, who he can book, and how overall great he is.

My overall impression of the southern California NYDM membership is a herd of status chasing serfs.

Welcome to a true representation of nihilistic tribalism.

chv

October 14, 2010, 12:27:22 AM
Immaterial onions.

chv

October 14, 2010, 04:47:53 AM
Immaterial onions.

chv, Onion Soup is the most miserable soup you can cook.
I like fish soup, and I like soups in general.
Lots of good vegetables thrown' in, and stuff.

But Onion Soup is the most miserable soup you can cook, and yes, I've cooked Onion Soup.
Can you imagine what a Soup of Immaterial Onions would taste like?
I image it would be quite miserable!
; )

Onion soup is best complimented by tea biscuits and carrots. It helps offset the sharpness of the onion. ;)