Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Difference between CD and MP3

Re: audio cd's
July 04, 2006, 04:59:40 PM
My experience:

1) LAME is garbage for anything with distortion.
2) Audiocassettes, AM radio and MP3s are all inferior. However, this is so that you can hear these files in a radio-like context, including try-before-buy. Quality is irrelevant.
3) For anything you care about, get a FLAC if it's out of print and buy the CD if in print.
4) Never buy before downloading mp3s. This way, you avoid garbage and enforce natural selection on metal (which badly needs it).

I suggest we keep using MP3s and forget about OGG and all other standards; while to a nerd they might be interesting, to someone grounded in reality it's all irrelevant crap. AM radio worked and MP3s work and all of this banter is really quite masturbatory.

July 20, 2006, 09:45:50 AM
Windows Media Player can rip both .mp3 and .wma in lossless quality, wouldn't that be an easier thing?
I've never tried FLAC before, but I've used WMP to rip my albums, and that seems to work fine.

euronymous

July 20, 2006, 12:37:07 PM
3) For anything you care about, get a FLAC if it's out of print and buy the CD if in print.

Or steal it

4) Never buy before downloading mp3s. This way, you avoid garbage and enforce natural selection on metal (which badly needs it).

and you avoid buying shit, you save money and time

I suggest we keep using MP3s and forget about OGG and all other standards; while to a nerd they might be interesting, to someone grounded in reality it's all irrelevant crap.

and to almost everyone grounded in reality, it's annoying, useless and another loss of time frequently (when you download files of an unexpected type)--->use standard files ( mp3 at high bitrates preferably)

euronymous

July 20, 2006, 01:05:01 PM
quote author=euronymous

in another words:

a/ test: mp3 ( and burn some audio CD's)
b/ collect: FLAC ( and burn some audio CD's)
c/ steal: originals ( don't burn anything, you've got it already)

Re: Difference between CD and MP3
July 24, 2006, 04:48:54 PM
only Fraunhofer is real full stereo HQ mode 224kbps + fukk lame joint stereo crap mp3s children.

Post Scriptum : the best way is using APEs OR FLACs or buying the original CD!!