Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Revisitation (Crushing Idols)

Re: Revisitation (Crushing Idols)
February 26, 2011, 02:28:21 AM

1) NME - Unholy Death

What does this sound like?

peristil

February 26, 2011, 08:33:15 AM
Let it all burn. I wouldn't go back for any of it. Attachment to these things denies Rigpa, the clear travailing of the bardos, and limits the skylike nature of mind.
Then again, musick is akin to magick. It will always live in your heart, no matter if its burnt to a crisp in a housefire.

February 26, 2011, 08:54:18 AM
Let it all burn. I wouldn't go back for any of it.
It will always live in your heart, no matter if its burnt to a crisp in a housefire.
Interesting.  This seems like an important point.

Attachment to these things denies Rigpa, the clear travailing of the bardos, and limits the skylike nature of mind.
Then again, musick is akin to magick.
Can I get a layman's translation of this?

peristil

February 26, 2011, 09:37:55 AM
Rigpa is a kind of meditation where you try to stay in the gap. The gap between a past thought and a future thought which is a naked consciousness of present awareness. It's hard to stay there because another thought will arise, and if you don't recognize the thought for what it really is it will just turn into another link in the chain of delusion (samsara).
We must leave the thought alone without follow up, this will automatically dissolve it back into the expanse of Rigpa.
Eventually violent emotions  that drag us into neuroses can strengthen Rigpa, they become opportunities for our evolution. We must see through them as they arise, they are a vivid manifestation of the Rigpa itself. Eventually, the most violent emotions fail to affect us and dissolve. Just like waves in an ocean.

Musical tones affect us on a subconcious level. Essentially it seems like these tones and compositions were always there and we just discover them deeply buried in our psycho-physical nature of mind. A Ground Luminosity that opens the door to the innate nature of reality.

To be honest I don't grasp these concepts completely. You would need a Master to guide you through these states to experience them directly. Perhaps also guided journeys under the influence of entheogens for a quick direct transmission.

February 27, 2011, 05:00:37 PM
A transmission?

Is it from Empire Algol?

February 28, 2011, 04:23:38 AM
A transmission?

Is it from Empire Algol?

No transmissions of the Rigpan variety from my empire, I assure you.

March 01, 2011, 03:12:57 AM
A transmission?

Is it from Empire Algol?

No transmissions of the Rigpan variety from my empire, I assure you.

Bugger.  Oh, hey, did those Caravans ever reach you?