Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

is Corrupt.org a sham?

Re: is Corrupt.org a sham?
February 25, 2011, 04:21:03 PM
Be an activist or your life is meaningless?

Are you sure that's what I said?

February 26, 2011, 01:44:11 AM

No, but that's what it looked like to me when people who were looking for something meaningful to do, did not find activism enjoyable / fulfilling enough and moved on to other sane activities are likened to quitters who betray their values for comfort.

Could you please clarify what you meant?

February 26, 2011, 05:08:15 AM
No

Then what clarification is needed?

February 26, 2011, 05:51:16 AM
With regards to "flaking out," mentioned earlier: my impression of ANUS//CORRUPT folk is that the yearly influx of regular contributors came to these sites looking for some sort of personal direction, and later found it in something apolitical, long-term, and independent of internet community and activism

I hear this a lot, and I think it's no different than what Baby Boomers did: give up on ever making change and buy a BMW.
This is a comparison.  Rapidshare is describing how the psychology of ANUS/Corrupt flakes is similar to that of Baby Boomers.  Specifically, they have given up on something they believed in and resorted to a life of passive self indulgence.  Does this clarify anything?

February 26, 2011, 06:07:04 AM
No, I am not certain what you meant, could you clarify?

Then what clarification is needed?

Are you more interested in 'winning' a discussion or in communication?

With regards to "flaking out," mentioned earlier: my impression of ANUS//CORRUPT folk is that the yearly influx of regular contributors came to these sites looking for some sort of personal direction, and later found it in something apolitical, long-term, and independent of internet community and activism

I hear this a lot, and I think it's no different than what Baby Boomers did: give up on ever making change and buy a BMW.
This is a comparison.  Rapidshare is describing how the psychology of ANUS/Corrupt flakes is similar to that of Baby Boomers.  Specifically, they have given up on something they believed in and resorted to a life of passive self indulgence.  Does this clarify anything?

Thank you.

However, claiming that devoting ones time to "Traditionalism, Philosophy, Art, Health/Athletics" is self indulgence still seems somewhat strange, coming from a community promoting these things. 

February 26, 2011, 07:10:21 AM

You just said more communication wasn't needed, because you understood that what I said was not as you had construed it. I think we communicated effectively. What part wasn't clear?

February 26, 2011, 07:17:02 AM

You just said more communication wasn't needed, because you understood that what I said was not as you had construed it. I think we communicated effectively. What part wasn't clear?

Actually, the "no" meant "no, I'm not really sure that's what you said", not "no, that's not what you said". But nevermind. It's not really worth the time to go through this detail of the topic at hand.

February 27, 2011, 05:27:08 AM

Actually, the "no" meant "no, I'm not really sure that's what you said", not "no, that's not what you said". But nevermind. It's not really worth the time to go through this detail of the topic at hand.

OK, but:

No, but that's what it looked like to me

You just said you weren't sure that was what I said. Usually, that means you're no longer pursuing that line of investigation.

I didn't think it needed elaboration. Most people are unable to do anything but act in self-interest. People who claim an ideology, then run off to the suburbs and buy a BMW and ignore it, have given up. There's a middle ground between "dedicate your life to 'activism'" and "do nothing."

Personally I think that "making things right in the world" is an essential part of any healthy life, along with exercise, family, work, eating vegetables , etc.

March 07, 2011, 07:34:29 PM
It is almost time to pop the question: have the amerika.org people picked up the ball where corrupt.org left off? Have they taken the torch so that the marathon may continue?

March 08, 2011, 07:09:42 PM
Well, corrupt seems to be totally defunct. So I suppose Amerika is taking over.

I sort of wish ANUS would post new articles...