Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Transcendental hipster black metal"

Re: "Transcendental hipster black metal"
March 22, 2011, 08:55:11 PM
Maybe this symbolic enemy could be a good new rallying point, the modern "jogging suits" perhaps.  Music shouldn't be about such shallow things though.  If these guys were wearing all black and corpse paint, nobody would give a shit about them.  Then again, it gives us an idea of how many fakers are out there getting away with this stuff because they have the foresight to wear their uniforms.  It's just hard to care when black metal has been dead for so long anyways.

March 22, 2011, 11:04:52 PM
  People like this aren't even worth the time to mock.  They should simply be sternly ignored.
It's just hard to care when black metal has been dead for so long anyways.
his music... is no worse than the usual tripe to be honest.
Everyone should seriously start trolling these guys in every youtube video of them, online news article about them, and on their myspace if you can.  These guys deserve it so bad.

But why give them the oxygen of publicity?

That's what I'm saying.  This seems to be the direction of DLA, too: praise the excellent, generally ignore the crap.

The Liturgy Youtube has, like, 85% dislikes already anyways.   While we can talk here about how bullshit they are, does Liturgy really have enough POWER to warrant your force, violence, resistance, or whatever? 

Metal is stronger than the presence of one--or thousands--of weak-ass/fake-ass blackened post-rock bands...who will be passe in a second anyways.  (see Cradle of Filth?)

March 23, 2011, 02:32:01 AM
Besides, if you are looking for a band that represents the totality of failure that is American black metal at the moment, you should at least go for these comedy clowns:

http://www.tartareandesire.com/bands/images/eyesofnoctum.jpg

....as they have all the industry connections required to become disproportionately popular - not through talent, but through marketing. And this way, you might get your website some extra notoriety by going after a third-generation Hollywood "celebrity".

March 23, 2011, 02:37:27 AM
  People like this aren't even worth the time to mock.  They should simply be sternly ignored.
It's just hard to care when black metal has been dead for so long anyways.
his music... is no worse than the usual tripe to be honest.
Everyone should seriously start trolling these guys in every youtube video of them, online news article about them, and on their myspace if you can.  These guys deserve it so bad.

But why give them the oxygen of publicity?

That's what I'm saying.  This seems to be the direction of DLA, too: praise the excellent, generally ignore the crap.

The Liturgy Youtube has, like, 85% dislikes already anyways.   While we can talk here about how bullshit they are, does Liturgy really have enough POWER to warrant your force, violence, resistance, or whatever? 

Metal is stronger than the presence of one--or thousands--of weak-ass/fake-ass blackened post-rock bands...who will be passe in a second anyways.  (see Cradle of Filth?)

The direction of DLA? Have you been paying attention for the past few months? There's a call to troll the Opeth forum on the DLA page right now. Before that it was Gojira. Before that it was Prozak and Cargest and several others routinely trolling loads of metal forums. And now you want to tell us what the DLA is all about?

85% dislikes is enough for you? Let me tell you when it's enough for me. When bands like Liturgy stop existing and stop forming out of fear of being ridiculed. Only then our work will be done.

Metal unfortunately is not stronger than the presence of one --or thousands-- of weak-ass/fake-ass blackened post-rock bands. Are you honestly happy living in the shadow of a mountain of shit? The shit that gets mistaken for black metal so often that you practically become embarassed just to associate yourself with the genre? Sure go down that road again, listen to only a diminishing 1% of quality metal and pretend you can't hear the rest. That's how cowards live. But if that's your thing then I'm not stopping you, metal probably doesn't need you either anyway.

March 23, 2011, 03:02:58 AM
85% dislikes is enough for you? Let me tell you when it's enough for me. When bands like Liturgy stop existing and stop forming out of fear of being ridiculed. Only then our work will be done.
Then ignore them. Give them nothing to push back against. They will crumble much quicker when they are simply ignored.

But if you turn them into an internet meme, they get attention, they get macro images ridiculing them, and then they get a crowd of "ironic" fans who follow them because they are a meme rather than a band. And that then opens the door for irony crowd, which is exactly what you claim not to want.

"There is no such thing as bad publicity", as they say. Or: "the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about", if you prefer.

March 23, 2011, 03:55:54 AM
Then ignore them. Give them nothing to push back against. They will crumble much quicker when they are simply ignored.

But if you turn them into an internet meme, they get attention, they get macro images ridiculing them, and then they get a crowd of "ironic" fans who follow them because they are a meme rather than a band. And that then opens the door for irony crowd, which is exactly what you claim not to want.

"There is no such thing as bad publicity", as they say. Or: "the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about", if you prefer.

They already have a crowd of "ironic" fans. Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away. If you have a rotten tooth in your mouth do you ignore it or do you have the fucker pulled out before your whole mouth rots away?

It's better to have people like Liturgy because "Hey man they're a meme! Haven't you heard? They're being ridiculed on the internet so it must be good!" then because "Hey man they're pure transcendental black metal! Haven't you heard? It's the new thing in black metal so it must be good!"

Their new album will be released in May. Gives us plenty of time to try to ruin as much as possible for them before they grow stronger. There's already a lot of hatred for them on other forums so unless you really want to be that solitary guy who doesn't agree with anyone and is doomed to stay in his own little corner forever... Upload parodies, post negative comments, downvote their videos, etc. If that's really not your thing then why can't you just ignore us having a little fun at Shiturgy's expense?

http://i55.tinypic.com/2hdbl1v.jpg

March 23, 2011, 04:04:50 AM
Trust me, it'll be better than Liturgy.  I don't think I have the ability to make worse music.

Unless you can somehow fit that enormous buttplug in your ass while playing...

"Liturgy - The Sound of Anal Masturbation"?

Yeah well they certainly sound like they have large objects stuffed in their ass while playing.

http://i51.tinypic.com/68efr7.jpg

March 23, 2011, 04:29:56 AM
Their new album will be released in May. Gives us plenty of time to try to ruin as much as possible for them before they grow stronger. There's already a lot of hatred for them on other forums so unless you really want to be that solitary guy who doesn't agree with anyone and is doomed to stay in his own little corner forever... Upload parodies, post negative comments, downvote their videos, etc. If that's really not your thing then why can't you just ignore us having a little fun at Shiturgy's expense?

Now you just sound like a member of Liturgy's street team....

March 23, 2011, 04:58:25 AM
Alight, joining in on the fun.

Going to make a "transcendental transcendental black metal" troll project. "we have transcended transcendental black metal, casting aside all labels and contingent features of the former transcended state. Nothing remains but PURE BEING"

Then some one can follow up with a "transcendental transcendental transcendental black metal" band ect.....The casual passerby will start to think that Liturgy was always just a silly internet meme/joke! That would totally sabotage their asses.

Musically it's just going to be a bunch of campfire/hippie acoustic guitar chords speed picked with loads of treble + retarded vocals. Should take like 10 minutes to do it all LOL. Only thing is, I don't know how to program drums. So if some one could direct me to a easy to use program that would be appreciated.

March 23, 2011, 05:00:04 AM

Now you just sound like a member of Liturgy's street team....

Oh please. I was trying so hard not to accuse anyone of being a member of Liturgy or a fan... Come on, if it was too cheap even for me to say it then I'm sure you can do better too.

March 23, 2011, 05:02:29 AM
Alight, joining in on the fun.

Going to make a "transcendental transcendental black metal" troll project. "we have transcended transcendental black metal, casting aside all labels and contingent features of the former transcended state. Nothing remains but PURE BEING"

Then some one can follow up with a "transcendental transcendental transcendental black metal" band ect.....The casual passerby will start to think that Liturgy was always just a silly internet meme/joke! That would totally sabotage their asses.

Musically it's just going to be a bunch of campfire/hippie acoustic guitar chords speed picked with loads of treble + retarded vocals. Should take like 10 minutes to do it all LOL. Only thing is, I don't know how to program drums. So if some one could direct me to a easy program that would be appreciated.

http://www.threechords.com/hammerhead/

March 23, 2011, 10:47:23 AM
I would be fine with it if this band got the type of publicity south park gives to some celebrities because that would mean that they are only popular because of what a stupid joke they are, everyone will make fun of them, they will be the butt of every joke, no one will take them seriously.

That is much better than the alternative of them being popular for any other reason.

And its not just one band here really, hipster black metal is turning into its own music scene in the united states, I went to a show a month ago that was 70% hipster an 30% metalheads, (I wont be going to any "metal" shows in that town again) these hipsters think they are black metal, time to show them that they are not.

It took over a decade for cradle of filth to be seen as fake, lets make it much quicker with this band.

March 23, 2011, 11:03:35 AM
DID SOMEONE SAY CRADLE OF FILTH?

I reckon there's a good way to stop the hipsters from imposing: beat the shit out of them.  What could better say "you're not welcome" than a fist in the face?

March 23, 2011, 11:43:16 AM
TROLL FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Liturgy/180638875316117?ref=ts#!/pages/Liturgy/180638875316117?v=wall

If enough people 'like' it I get to pick a URL any ideas?

March 23, 2011, 12:17:44 PM