Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

WHIIIIIIIIIIIINE

Re: WHIIIIIIIIIIIINE
April 06, 2011, 08:41:11 PM
freshblood is angry because he is fat.

Unfortunately your comment is also a waste of time.

April 06, 2011, 09:01:06 PM
freshblood is angry because he is fat.

Unfortunately your comment is also a waste of time.

Gee, I just thought that freshblood needed a reminder.

April 06, 2011, 09:25:44 PM
Everyone needs to just calm down. Eat some fruit.

April 06, 2011, 11:36:04 PM
I'm not fat (FYI, my BMI is 18.5).

I suppose the problem is that I signed up to a conservative/right wing forum (and I have a whole heapa other personal suspicions about the users... But I'll keep them to myself) and I did/doing my studies in post-modernist/structuralist literature theory (plus being in a 'colony' also have to consider a lot of postcolonial theory) so I'm fundamentally opposed to your theories. I mean, I like nihilism and I like romanticism; but I guess we just have different approaches.

Anyway, I'm off to consume some narcotics and check out some free noise.

Hail Satan etc!

April 07, 2011, 12:49:36 AM

I suppose the problem is that I signed up troll my own conservative/right wing forum (and I have a boredom problem and a whole lot of things I cannot say to users as an admin... I can't keep them to myself forever) and I did my studies in post-modernist/structuralist literature theory (back when Apple Macs were first getting popular in the 80s) so I'm fundamentally opposed to your theories. I mean, I like Nietzsche and I like Beethoven; but I guess we just have different approaches so I signed up as a pretend person to wreak havoc and bring some much needed life into my dying forum.

Anyway, I'm off to consume to smoke a bong using a gutted out Apple Mac!

Hail Satan etc!

April 07, 2011, 01:01:51 AM

I suppose the problem is that I signed up troll my own conservative/right wing forum (and I have a boredom problem and a whole lot of things I cannot say to users as an admin... I can't keep them to myself forever) and I did my studies in post-modernist/structuralist literature theory (back when Apple Macs were first getting popular in the 80s) so I'm fundamentally opposed to your theories. I mean, I like Nietzsche and I like Beethoven; but I guess we just have different approaches so I signed up as a pretend person to wreak havoc and bring some much needed life into my dying forum.

Hail Satan etc!

Hail Satan etc!

You edi-quoted that to draw our attention away form the fact that YOU'RE prozak.!

And I don't know if you could call this forum "dying", sure things aren't as hot n' heavy as they were back in 08/09, but thats probably just because it had just tasted motherfucking ENGRAM.

April 07, 2011, 04:11:56 AM
Haha, no - I think Prozac is pretentious douche (that means shower) but all that I said in my post is true. I usually post on the FMP forum but its boring there now; I mostly support Solanas' SCUM Manifesto IRL.

April 07, 2011, 04:12:57 AM
Also you will see that I consistently use English spelling.

April 07, 2011, 06:40:17 AM
ICBA right now:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/brain-vat/

I'm probably wrong but have fun (I thought you usually would study this theory in first year philosophy? (That's where I got it from)

What a splendidly quaint idea!  Pray tell, how is this useful, in any practical sense?  I mean, if I am a brain in a vat, and there's nothing I can do about that, and I want to experience as much as I can from within the vat, how does my knowledge of the vat improve my appreciation of my existence as a brain in a vat experiencing things which, for all I know, are completely real?  I don't quite see the point of even considering something so pedantic.

April 07, 2011, 03:57:19 PM
ICBA right now:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/brain-vat/

I'm probably wrong but have fun (I thought you usually would study this theory in first year philosophy? (That's where I got it from)

What a splendidly quaint idea!  Pray tell, how is this useful, in any practical sense?  I mean, if I am a brain in a vat, and there's nothing I can do about that, and I want to experience as much as I can from within the vat, how does my knowledge of the vat improve my appreciation of my existence as a brain in a vat experiencing things which, for all I know, are completely real?  I don't quite see the point of even considering something so pedantic.

It isn't really, you are going completely off of the point - philosophy isn't meant to 'improve your appreciation' or be useful in a practical sense; it's about studying 'fundamental' problems of existence, knowledge, reason, language, etc. The point is understanding what we can understand. I think politics is what you are looking for.

The brain in a vat theory is mostly just a thinking tool to explain the impossibility of 'true' knowledge, it could be easily replaced by Descartes demon controlling your mind; or by dreaming; or any of those things - you could be on a hallucinogenic drug that doesn't wear off for example.

April 07, 2011, 04:35:24 PM
The brain in a vat theory is mostly just a thinking tool to explain the impossibility of 'true' knowledge, it could be easily replaced by Descartes demon controlling your mind; or by dreaming; or any of those things - you could be on a hallucinogenic drug that doesn't wear off for example.

Yes, but how on Earth does that relate to my current existence in the slightest, apart from being an amusing aside?  My point is that we already know the limits of our understanding, and have, collectively, spent the past five to seven thousand years going as far as we can in terms of philosophical knowledge, be that moral, ontological, epistemological, or whatever other field you choose to examine.  We don't need pointless stories to elucidate something that is so bloody obvious and so fundamentally inhibiting in its circularity.

It isn't really, you are going completely off of the point - philosophy isn't meant to 'improve your appreciation' or be useful in a practical sense; it's about studying 'fundamental' problems of existence, knowledge, reason, language, etc. The point is understanding what we can understand. I think politics is what you are looking for.

I consider Politics to be the bastard son of Philosophy, but I consider "Philosophy" originating from the speculation of possibilities to be even more useless.  Philosophy must focus on what we can know there to be (thus, it is inherently "practical", in a broad sense), not on what we can't know there to be.  That path leads to Falsificationism, which is retarded.

April 07, 2011, 09:51:18 PM
I like to poop. Sometimes I hold my poop for days so I can make a very big poop. And sometimes I like to spread my poops throughout the day and make lots of small poops. What is fascinating to me is that sometimes a small poop can feel like a big poop. Today for instance I made a normal poop but I was not satisfied with that so I immediately made two more small poops. After that I was happy. It is fascinating because those two small poops felt just as big as the normal poop I made.

I think small poops are the best. But big poops are good too if I can break them into small poops. Then it's even better.

April 07, 2011, 10:47:33 PM
I like to poop. Sometimes I hold my poop for days so I can make a very big poop. And sometimes I like to spread my poops throughout the day and make lots of small poops. What is fascinating to me is that sometimes a small poop can feel like a big poop. Today for instance I made a normal poop but I was not satisfied with that so I immediately made two more small poops. After that I was happy. It is fascinating because those two small poops felt just as big as the normal poop I made.

I think small poops are the best. But big poops are good too if I can break them into small poops. Then it's even better.

If you "wake and bake", then take a handful of percocets before your morning shit, it will feel like a goddess is sucking your asshole.

April 07, 2011, 11:06:22 PM
There's not much self-awareness in this thread! The pipi-kaka jokes just pushed it over the top for me... I'm all for troll bashing, but there's a right way to do it, and a wrong way to do it... Freshblood has managed to put this forum down a rung in my book...

April 07, 2011, 11:54:24 PM

Yes, but how on Earth does that relate to my current existence in the slightest, apart from being an amusing aside? 

I won't bother with the rest of your boring argument - it relates to your existence by telling you that potentially nothing is true (and everything is permitted, heh heh), it's up to you to decide what that means for yourself!