Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

TONY IOMMI biography inbound

TONY IOMMI biography inbound
May 04, 2011, 05:01:54 PM
According to the unofficial BLACK SABBATH web site Black-Sabbath.com, BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi has set "Iron Man: My Life With Black Sabbath And Beyond" as the title of his memoir. In the U.S., the book will be distributed by Da Capo (Simon & Schuster in the U.K.), which reportedly paid a six-figure amount at auction for the rights.

Foundry Literary + Media co-founder Peter McGuigan, who completed the North American rights deal for the book, described Iommi's autobiography which has not yet been completed as: "'Angela's Ashes' meets 'The Ground Beneath Her Feet' meets 'Spinal Tap'."

In a March 2010 interview with the Birmingham Post, Iommi stated about his upcoming memoir, "I've been working on it for a long time. We've been so busy for the last couple of years it's been difficult finding the time to do it. But it's coming on and hopefully it will be out [soon]." He added, "I'm not going out to blast at everybody, that's for sure. That's for the next book!"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=157570