Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Fix this forum

Re: Fix this forum
June 26, 2011, 05:57:41 AM
It could be good to move the forum to another domain, because indeed too many people take the anus/sodomy thing on a litteral level and don't want to have anything in common with it.

If someone is too immature to come here simply because of the name, then do we really want them posting here?

June 26, 2011, 06:33:12 AM
It's not really a "lack of maturity" at work if someone's not intrigued by the possible intellectual premises of a book titled "SHIT BALLS PISS FUCK." Even if they picked it up, just for kicks, do you think they would:

a) be disappointed, due to lack of scat, or
b) take it seriously, seek out the author, and further question them about their highly developed, world-changing philosophy

June 26, 2011, 02:32:58 PM
It could be good to move the forum to another domain, because indeed too many people take the anus/sodomy thing on a litteral level and don't want to have anything in common with it.

If someone is too immature to come here simply because of the name, then do we really want them posting here?

The internet has changed. There are so many domains, people are no longer choosing by what sounds good, but trying to avoid things that sound NSFW or spyware laden.

June 28, 2011, 04:35:19 AM
Probably my only suggestion is to encourage people to talk about the actual music. The only reason I come here is in hope of the odd occasion that someone has noticed a structural or internal subtlety in an old favourite classic that has for some reason escaped me in the past. Those little gems buried in a mass of filler.

Delete all name dropping of bands or albums without decent explanation. We've all been guilty of this in the past, of course.

June 28, 2011, 04:37:20 PM
Is DLA ever going to have a Chatroom? sometimes i log online and i just want to shoot the shit with people.. talk about an album i just listened to etc.

June 28, 2011, 06:19:50 PM
I would also appreciate a chat room.

August 24, 2011, 06:58:53 PM
Changes made.

August 25, 2011, 06:17:30 AM
Changes made.

have we lost all the posts in the classical forum or am I missing something?

August 25, 2011, 07:34:25 AM
Changes made.

have we lost all the posts in the classical forum or am I missing something?

No, they were moved to the metal forum.

Also, the "Administration" forums are visible to normal users. That should be fixed.

EDIT: Actually, I am not quite sure what exactly just happened.

August 25, 2011, 04:30:47 PM
Get rid of everything but the metal forum and audiofile.

August 25, 2011, 05:02:51 PM
Get rid of everything but the metal forum and audiofile.

We discuss cool things in chasm from time to time.