Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Liberals love to gather and do nothing

Re: Liberals love to gather and do nothing
October 12, 2011, 10:42:30 PM

i thought the world would be handed to me when i graduated from north western u with a degree in queer studies. maybe i should have chosen femininist interpretive literature instead?

October 13, 2011, 05:22:12 AM

i thought the world would be handed to me when i graduated from north western u with a degree in queer studies. maybe i should have chosen femininist interpretive literature instead?

The "Follow your passion" meme spread by the baby boomers is what lead to this. And now they are taking up the same damaging actions of their parents.

October 13, 2011, 12:43:24 PM
I tend to hear liberals talking about spreading awareness as being the first priority in whatever issue they are trying to deal with.

Of course there is a benefit to collective action, but it's a mistake to assume that growing in size guarantees the solution to be in closer reach. As we've seen it so many different cases, It often becomes a setback. Now you have to deal with more useless opinions and are left with even less ability to find resolve.

They have gathered, we have gathered to comment on their gathering... But that ain't enough.

October 13, 2011, 01:06:35 PM
"I did everything I was supposed to, and have nothing to show for it."

That's because you suck.

Phoenix

October 14, 2011, 07:43:12 AM

That's because you suck.

Actually fuck you.

October 14, 2011, 08:04:19 AM
The vast majority of the 99%-ers on the website they created are nothing more than spoiled, confused doofuses who think the world owes them everything.

However, I remember seeing someone diagnosed with cancer and unable to afford treatment on that site. Hard not to be sympathetic to people in predicaments like that.

October 14, 2011, 08:37:14 AM
Cancer is nature's way of saying "there's a limit on your natural lifespan, species".  Cancer sufferers should shut up and die.

(And whenever people tell me that that's a disgusting thought, how could I be so insensitive, blah blah blah, I explain that my Grandfather died of cancer, and suddenly they're "sorry for my loss" and all that crap.)

October 14, 2011, 10:15:26 AM

If you follow by the book what the modern society tells you to do, there are great chance that your accomplishments will be hollow.

October 14, 2011, 10:26:37 AM
Cancer is nature's way of saying "there's a limit on your natural lifespan, species".  Cancer sufferers should shut up and die.

(And whenever people tell me that that's a disgusting thought, how could I be so insensitive, blah blah blah, I explain that my Grandfather died of cancer, and suddenly they're "sorry for my loss" and all that crap.)

No....DEATH is a way of saying that there's a limit on our lifespan.

So, if someone has a fatal illness, even a family member, I shouldn't be sensitive to their situation? Yeah, fuck you Dad/mom/brother/sister, you have cancer you fucking failure. I REALLY hope, if you knew your grandfather, you didn't mention stuff like that to him.

Normally I agree with you Cargest, but in this instance I'm gonna step up and say you're pretty wrong.

October 14, 2011, 11:23:28 AM

So, if someone has a fatal illness, even a family member, I shouldn't be sensitive to their situation? Yeah, fuck you Dad/mom/brother/sister, you have cancer you fucking failure. I REALLY hope, if you knew your grandfather, you didn't mention stuff like that to him.

Normally I agree with you Cargest, but in this instance I'm gonna step up and say you're pretty wrong.

I don't think the point is to have no compassion in our response to close family or relatives with cancer. The point is to to realize that despite the suffering associated with cancer, it is not an enemy to life that must be demonized. When issues hit so close to home it becomes very difficult to understand this, and therefore one should spend as little time possible worrying about sickness beyond the scope of the aforementioned friend / family sphere.

October 14, 2011, 11:48:30 AM

I don't think the point is to have no compassion in our response to close family or relatives with cancer. The point is to to realize that despite the suffering associated with cancer, it is not an enemy to life that must be demonized. When issues hit so close to home it becomes very difficult to understand this, and therefore one should spend as little time possible worrying about sickness beyond the scope of the aforementioned friend / family sphere.

Fair enough. I definitely agree that people get too worked up about diseases (recalling the various "epidemics" like SARS and pig flu and whatnot), and I agree that one should spend their life enjoying it rather than being worried about getting sick.

Still, I do not wish it upon most people (I hope no one here does).

October 14, 2011, 01:16:16 PM
Sorry to butt in,  but I had shared that my wife has had cancer 3 times. I will say that she is fucking strong to survive and to me that is a true warrior. That is fucking strength if I have ever known it!

October 14, 2011, 02:44:37 PM
Sorry to butt in,  but I had shared that my wife has had cancer 3 times. I will say that she is fucking strong to survive and to me that is a true warrior. That is fucking strength if I have ever known it!

THREE fucking times?

I'd definitely need a drink after. Kudos to her.

October 14, 2011, 08:32:01 PM

"...mania has ruined my credit."

I sympathize. I'm sure it wasn't a sense of entitlement and a general lack of self control that ruined your credit. The government should give you free money and a hug.

October 14, 2011, 08:46:58 PM
http://westandwiththe99percent.tumblr.com/

"My parents worked multiple jobs so that my brother & I could go to good schools, never go uninsured, & never have student debt.

I work in the field of my study. My car is paid for, I rent a house, have everything I need plus a little extra.

My story should be the rule, not the exception.

I stand with the 99%."

It's almost as if they are attempting to become straw-men versions of the actual 1%. 6 figure income does not a 1%'er make you twit. Get back to whatever other bullshit it is you do for a living and stop pretending like you actually understand just how little the money is your parents make compared to say, Bill Gates or Warren fucking Buffet.