Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Hessian Meetings

Re: Hessian Meetings
July 25, 2006, 12:18:45 PM
Glad to see interest being generated. A recent suggestion is create local Hessian Chapters, such as the Floridian Chapter has just been created on myspace. Perhaps if we see a Californian Chapter created too, others will follow. Then there is a good chance for cross interest.

As for offline meetings, gigs and festivals may be a good start. People tend to go to festivals anyway, it would be an added benefit to meet other Hessians.

North America:
Maryland Death Fest
Extreme Texas Metal (fest)

Europe:
Inferno (Norway)
Wacken (Germany)

The above festivals have already been except Wacken which is in just under 2 weeks time. Does anyone attend any of these festivals? Would people be interested? What other possible festivals are there?

July 29, 2006, 01:37:57 PM
About the chapters, has there been any other than the Florida and the overall hessian created?

July 29, 2006, 03:04:32 PM
Nein.

At the moment I don't want to create a UK chapter and have the 'joy' of managing another myAIDS account. Maybe that is selfish of me? Or maybe another person from the UK could help.

If anything there should at least be a California chapter. Quite a few people from California yet none them acknowledge each other.

Are you looking to create/ manage a chapter?

July 29, 2006, 06:10:38 PM
i was thinkin about it, and i know quite a few people who would be willing help out should i not be able to hold it by myself

it'll be a South Carolina chapter

July 30, 2006, 01:49:37 AM
Hmmm, you just added the Hessian myspace account. I think you need to do a fair bit of reading first:

http://www.anus.com/metal/

Metal Q & A. Broad questions with comprehensive answers:
http://www.anus.com/metal/about/metal/q_a/

Hessian.org - Recently reborn, a basic site with introductory information. Watch this space for more developments:
http://www.hessian.org

This is going to be mandatory reading for anyone thinking of creating a chapter. Read/ understand / agree: I'm going to be quite fascist about this. Otherwise it is a waste of time for all of us.

July 30, 2006, 03:16:23 AM
Is it me or has the hessian.org been somewhat 'dumbed' down in its latest incarnation when compared to its predecessor. Though I guess this is just a continuation of its role as an introduction to hessian ideals, compared to the more complex thoughts found within ANUS.

Any word on any possible UK Hessian meetings?

July 30, 2006, 11:28:18 AM
i've read all through hessian.org, but i'll be sure to read through the others

thanks

July 31, 2006, 10:04:44 AM
I'm interested in the UK meetings, if this is handled properly it could be the start of something, both locally on internationally.

August 01, 2006, 04:47:13 PM
We're doing a Hessian meeting in Houston on September 11, 2006.

We're thinking Galleria area.

If interested, please respond.

August 03, 2006, 09:08:33 AM
Regarding the notion of Hessian meetings. I presume the meetings are motivated by the ideal of forwarding the movement as whole? I like the notion of like  minded individuals meeting up to discuss the advancement of the universal cause.

If this is the case, what are the goals of the meetings? Metallers meet regularly at concerts, but, aside from occasional banter with strangers and friendships being made in the local vicinity, they serve as nothing more than a place which to "enjoy" the music being played. Nothing is gained other than a subjective enjoyment/ dissapointment with what has been beheld. I'm thinking these meetings will be more than this? I have no intention of meeting at a rock bar, getting slowly drunk and headbanging/ air gutaring/ air drumming when Slayer comes on the sound system (I bore witness to grown men in oversized Satyricon and Mayhem sleeveless tee shirts doing this recently. It was horrible....) I'm taking it this is more for those in tune with the Hessian philosophy as a whole? Fuck metallers...   ;)

August 09, 2006, 07:03:45 AM
We're doing a Hessian meeting in Houston on September 11, 2006.

That is the proposed weekend for the Hessian UK meeting. Sept 8th - 11th are the dates I'm keeping open as part of the original plan.

The first post discusses quite clearly why we want to have meetings and what we plan to achieve. If it is massively ambiguous then perhaps you should message me.

August 09, 2006, 08:49:42 AM
I'm thinking these meetings will be more than this?

Fun without the moronism that is prevalent among metallers, is a necessary component. IMO.

Serious discussion and advancement of Hessianism is the purpose of the meetings.

Could you message or email me with your email address?

August 12, 2006, 01:08:46 PM
I'm in South Florida, send me a message either on www.myspace.com/crosstika or to aceshigh1914@gmail.com

August 12, 2006, 01:44:13 PM
I'm in South Florida, send me a message either on www.myspace.com/crosstika or to aceshigh1914@gmail.com

http://www.myspace.com/hessianscentralflorida

That's the closest I know of.

August 13, 2006, 10:57:15 AM
And I'm hopeful (if nothing else) about California, Texas and NY/NJ area. Possibly Florida and Sweden too.

I've added one other person in NJ on the hessian AIDSspace, I've yet to see many other people in this area. However I'm definitely interested in hearing from others who are interested; if anyone is reading please don't hesitate to make the effort.