Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Averse Sefira - January 27, 2007

Averse Sefira - January 27, 2007
January 04, 2007, 11:17:45 AM

Anyone making the trip out for this? Not sure Averse Sefira will be performing in Texas for a while.

Re: Averse Sefira - January 27, 2007
January 04, 2007, 12:13:05 PM
Ayasoltec is going on 4th, so I'd say they'll hit the stage between 9 and 10:30. Sorry I can't give you a better guess right now. I haven't made the schedule yet.

The cover charge will remain @ 10 per person (any age), I'll make sure the venue doesn't try to add more to it for minors. The club recently fired the manager, so perhaps that was part of the problem there.

January 04, 2007, 01:00:27 PM
For text-based people:

EPOCH OF UNLIGHT
AVERSE SEFIRA
AYASOLTEC
VEX
DAGON
ABYTHOS
AVERSION TO LIFE
NODENS

Redrum Club
401 Sabine
Austin, Texas (map)

$10 All Ages Welcome!

Extreme Texas Metal

Averse Sefira is also doing a nationwide tour. Averse Sefira tour information

January 18, 2007, 08:35:49 AM
Per our eugenic posting policy, I removed posts in this thread that did not contribute valuable information to readers of this thread. All's set for the show and, Allah willing, CORRUPT/ANUS team members will be there after our meeting and tree-planting festival in Houston. Any complaints go directly to me as I bear all responsibility for these changes.

See you all there.

January 21, 2007, 06:30:55 PM
Really excellent interview, one of the best Averse Sefira have done:

http://beforechaos.googlepages.com/interviews_aversesefira

January 26, 2007, 09:27:03 AM
Did they plan this deliberately? Jan 27 is the birthday of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

Mozart's genius lay in his ability to take unrefined Early Classical genres established by composers such as C.P.E. Bach and Haydn and raise them to heights of absolute perfection and mastery. He has written some of the most memorable music ever written, and although it often conveys immense joy, a darker vein of melancholy always lies underneath the surface, giving it an emotional depth unmatched by other composers of his time. His symphonies, particularly Nos. 39-41, combine perfect formal symmetry and symphonic design with a freedom of emotional expression that was to remain unequalled until the symphonies of Beethoven and Schubert.

http://library.thinkquest.org/22673/mozart.html

January 26, 2007, 12:44:43 PM
That's neat, I didn't really look into that, it's my son's birthday as well.

January 29, 2007, 10:42:37 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to Prozak, Cynical and anyone else from here that came out to the show. Hope you had a good time.

I'll post my pictures up soon on ETM. I got some good ones of Averse Sefira.

January 29, 2007, 12:14:02 PM
Definitely more enjoyable, for me at least, than  Halloween show was.  A good time, overall.  Show review is currently in the works.

January 29, 2007, 12:59:51 PM
Jan 27 is the birthday of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

Fitting.

It looks like Anna's pictures will go here:Averse Sefira, Ayasoltec, Dagon, Abythos, Vex, Epoch of Unlight and Nodens pictures.

One review is here: January 27, 2007 - Vex, Averse Sefira, Ayasoltec, Dagon, Abythos and Nodens at Redrum in Austin, TX

Thanks to the promoters and all bands who made this a great show.

I'm looking forward to Cynical's review also.

January 29, 2007, 01:47:30 PM
Maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't remember any songs from "Battle's Clarion" in Averse Sefira's setlist, and neither does my travel partner.  The setlist as I remember it:

Plagabraha
Decapitation of Sigils
Helix in Audience
Cremation of Ideologies
Hierophant Disgorging
Mana Anima
Detonation

Edit: Also, "bass" is misspelled in Averse Sefira review.

January 29, 2007, 06:45:37 PM
Thank you for posting the link for the photos, I just barely got around to uploading all of them. Check them out.

Hope you don't mind me posting your reviews on ETM when they are both up. I really appreciate the good words on the show. I really tried my best on this one. I felt I had to start off 2007 with a strong show, and I think I succeeded... or atleast I hope I did. hah

January 29, 2007, 07:12:19 PM
I only wish I could have been there. Excellent photos though. I especially like the photo of Diabolus where you managed to capture a ghost image of his bass neck, very cool.
I thought one drummer had vomited on himself and left it, until I saw the rest of the band that way. Who was that, and who was the band with the array of torches (haven't seen that in a club show before)?
Excellent review as well, as always of high standard in information as well as prose.

January 29, 2007, 09:14:30 PM
Glad you liked the photos, hope the bands like them as well.

The band with the torches was Dagon: http://www.myspace.com/cultofdagon

January 30, 2007, 12:23:05 PM
First draft of show review has been sent to Prozak; some version of it should be up fairly shortly.  

Agreed with Lost Within about the "in motion" shots.  Pics like http://www.extremetexasmetal.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=129&pos=53  and http://www.extremetexasmetal.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=129&pos=58 are awesome.

EDIT:  My review is up, same page as Prozak's.