Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

What is art?

Re: What is art?
February 06, 2007, 12:19:02 PM
It is, however, the interpretor that can give a piece of art depth beyond that of which the artist intended.

Solution: appreciate better art.

February 06, 2007, 06:57:05 PM

Solution: appreciate better art.

Cute, but that doesn't solve anything! Think about it without the preconception that you thought you knew what I was refering to.

You assumed that I was talking about simple music/art and the interpretor is the one who gives it deeper meaning, which by chance is true, you can give simple ideas deeper meaning with proper interpretation; but, what I was refering to was the more intellictual art forms  can be interpreted to have meaning far beyond that which was expressed. Art is not only interpreted as only the way the artist intended upon. I feel a good artist will leave areas open to multiple possibilities while still holding personal meaning in it.

February 06, 2007, 08:16:02 PM

Cute, but that doesn't solve anything! Think about it without the preconception that you thought you knew what I was refering to.

You assumed that I was talking about simple music/art and the interpretor is the one who gives it deeper meaning, which by chance is true, you can give simple ideas deeper meaning with proper interpretation; but, what I was refering to was the more intellictual art forms  can be interpreted to have meaning far beyond that which was expressed. Art is not only interpreted as only the way the artist intended upon. I feel a good artist will leave areas open to multiple possibilities while still holding personal meaning in it.

such an artist would be Bach, many different meanings of what he was communicating enter through his work, this could be why he is so loved by so many