Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Representation of male feminsm

Re: Representation of male feminsm
August 14, 2013, 10:32:18 PM
This just seems like inflexible dogmatism, to me.

I'm sure it does, just as I'm sure your entire life-experience consists of only what you think.
I'm 60. I've lived. I know what works and what doesn't work.
I'd suggest you don't press me on this matter, because I'm doped up on morphine, I have two abscessed teeth, and I'm currently gunning for any sign of left-wing dogma.
If you want a discussion/debate on this, find someone else to have it with.

August 15, 2013, 07:11:51 AM
Maybe this a perfect time to let this thread die, but I always gotta ride that knife edge, ya know?

I'm going to take crow's position, blast it entirely out of proportion with wanton arrogance, and say discrimination is useful on a biological/evolutionary scale. If we allow minorities, who are essentially powerless to do much except complain about the unfairness of being a minority, to dictate the way we make value judgments on their contributions to society, then what are we doing to humans in the long run? Is that more harmful or helpful? Or, is it just a thing that's going to happen? It seems to me that, at worst, it causes a few to suffer so that more will be better off in the future. Is that wrong? I say no. I am in direct opposition to most western social ideals, but who is winning, them or me?

August 15, 2013, 08:53:45 AM
even then we have to admit that gender is multi-faceted and not some binary thing.

Sorry? What? Where has this idea come from? There is the male gender, there is the female gender and then there is dysfunction. Now dysfunction can be quite colourful and variable sure, but that doesnt mean gender is multi-faceted, it means mental illness is. In any case, the modern discourse about it is completely divorced from the study of this stuff as a problem, due to hurt feelings syndrome.

Take transsexuals for instance; they occur in two broad types, extremely low T, homosexual males who are passive to such an extreme degree that they take on the female identity and autogynephiles, who fetishize women to the point where they gain sexual gratification from seeing themselves as women (this is the source of the stories about burly military guys suddenly finding the female inside). The shallowness of the autogynephile change is hinted at by the sexual preference of these people, they remain 100% heterosexual (they call themselves lesbians!). To transsexual activists, this description is anathema, because they have constructed a different perspective to explain the issue away, one which you seem to share for some unfathomable reason.

August 15, 2013, 09:08:32 AM
Sanity screams that this thread should die, because it is ugly, ugly, UGLY.
It highlights the scumminess of humanity perfectly.
But here we are, mouthing off, and it's useful to see where it goes.
Who is who? Who is able to control their twitching fingers, and who is automatically wired to explode on nuance?
You don't find justice by outlawing prejudice. You don't stumble across peace by non-discrimination.
You don't save the planet by leveling half of it.

August 15, 2013, 09:50:42 AM
even then we have to admit that gender is multi-faceted and not some binary thing.

Sorry? What? Where has this idea come from? There is the male gender, there is the female gender and then there is dysfunction. Now dysfunction can be quite colourful and variable sure, but that doesnt mean gender is multi-faceted, it means mental illness is. In any case, the modern discourse about it is completely divorced from the study of this stuff as a problem, due to hurt feelings syndrome.

Take transsexuals for instance; they occur in two broad types, extremely low T, homosexual males who are passive to such an extreme degree that they take on the female identity and autogynephiles, who fetishize women to the point where they gain sexual gratification from seeing themselves as women (this is the source of the stories about burly military guys suddenly finding the female inside). The shallowness of the autogynephile change is hinted at by the sexual preference of these people, they remain 100% heterosexual (they call themselves lesbians!). To transsexual activists, this description is anathema, because they have constructed a different perspective to explain the issue away, one which you seem to share for some unfathomable reason.

There is a breath of sensibly fresh air. It would be more useful without the ad hominems. (My spell-checker just tried to tell me that "hominem" was not a word, suggesting, instead, "Eminem". What in the actual hell?) Maybe we can explore the definitions of a mental disorder in this context of gender identity, and you can explain what it is that makes a man who think he is a woman mentally ill rather than just being unjustly fated?

I am with you so far, I just want to see where you can take this.

August 15, 2013, 10:01:38 AM
Mental illness could well be described in this context, as holding the conviction that it is the individual's right to offend people publicly, and that any offense taken by the majority is offensive to the individual.
For some unfathomable reason, the leftist believes that only individuals should have their offense recognized, while if the majority registers offense, then it is suddenly not offense at all, but bigotry.

August 15, 2013, 10:06:20 AM
Mental illness could well be described in this context, as holding the conviction that it is the individual's right to offend people publicly, and that any offense taken by the majority is offensive to the individual.

My initial reaction is to say that is too generalized and inflexible but, upon examining my motives, I realize I can *not* truthfully say that.

Nevertheless I'm waiting to hear an explanation from the scientific biological perspective, since this is where things are supposed to be grounded when we use terms that were spawned in scientific biology like "gender identity" and "mental illness".

August 15, 2013, 10:10:46 AM
Mental illlness is spawned in the self-serving, egotistical, scummy overactive human brain.
And gender-identity was spawned by mentally ill axe-grinders.

August 15, 2013, 10:14:33 AM
Mental illlness is spawned in the self-serving, egotistical, scummy overactive human brain.
And gender-identity was spawned by mentally ill axe-grinders.

"Scientific biology" was a euphemism, I suppose.

August 15, 2013, 10:20:04 AM
Well, we seem to be currently short on available scientists. Thank God.
Although I could hold forth on the effects of morphine on extreme tooth pain, if you're interested.
I am, at this moment, an expert on that very subject.

August 15, 2013, 10:28:47 AM
I guess you emphasize my unspoken point; we are not going to get a solid explanation or deconstruct the definition in any way that holds up to scientific scrutiny.

Good luck with your teeth. And, though I probably don't need to tell *you* this; morphine is useful but hardly safe. I've dealt with long-term opioid use and, frankly, am bewildered at how I survived the reintegration into reality afterward. It is something that you never really recover from.

August 15, 2013, 10:44:23 AM
What, are you an ex-junkie?
Glad to hear you're still breathing, if only walking-wounded style.
I am hardly a long-term user of opioids, nor will I be.
It is actually quite unpleasant, in the pharmaceutical form, anyway.
The strange thing is that it doesn't actually seem to minimize the agony, but rather renders one into a state of not-caring about it.
That's my current state: I don't give a fuckin' toss, and possibly my recent comments illustrate this :)

BTW: what is this horrible fascination with so-called 'ad-hominems' being so terribly bad?
As I understand the term, it seems to describe a completely natural human response to dickheaded behaviour. What I don't understand at all is the apparent horror of dickheaded internet users to its use.
But there's hypocrisy for you.
One must always appear to be civilized especially when one isn't.
It's the age of passive-aggression...

August 15, 2013, 10:50:42 AM
Yes, if you want to be specifically technical, I am an ex-junkie. I used synthetic opioids for years as a "painkiller". It took me a long time to realize that the pain I was trying to kill went much deeper than just my lower back.

In my case, it's not a fascination with ad hominems, it is the inconsistency with one saying "let's define these terms objectively so that we can come up with a logical conclusion" and then calling the person a faggot because they are unable to do so. I will call people out when they put on the air of "objectivity" and really just use it as a giant's shoulder that they can look down and mock people from.

Furthermore, it is important to draw a distinction between combating an idea and combating an individual. Combating an individual is easy; I have done it lots of times and easily won, just as easily as I have lost. To combat an idea is completely different from combating an individual; an idea is easily "dividual" and you can only win by turning other individuals against it. So, if you make a point to avoid attacking the individual, that gives you a better chance of overcoming the faulty notion because one less mind that is overcome by the notion is one more mind against it.

August 15, 2013, 10:57:39 AM
Hmmm. No wonder I don't understand it. I am completely without guile.
The only way I can survive on an internet forum is to be an admin.
That's both funny, and true.

So, you had a lot of deep problems, handily disguised as low back pain.
Good for you. That's do or die stuff. You seem to have done, rather than died.
You have some experience, in a world that mostly has none.
Lonely, eh?

August 15, 2013, 11:04:36 AM
Well, I'm still young and hormones are coursing through my physiology at an alarmingly inconsistent rate, so I'm embracing this combative spirit while it's active. I figure by the time it wears off, I'll be bored with it anyway. It's one of those arrogantly arbitrary decisions that I so favor.

I did do rather than die, but the doing was really just a lot of small-scale dying. It's not something that I'm proud of because really I would never have moved beyond my opiate usage without repeated immense doses of LSD. Fighting fire with fire, I suppose. Nevertheless, it's behind me in some sense or another.

Experience *can* be lonely (in terms of the little that I have) but it's better than identifying with hateful obscurity. Company is... overrated, to understate it.