Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Metal albums sell strongly for decades

Re: Metal albums sell strongly for decades
July 30, 2007, 04:11:29 PM
"There's nothing we can do, everything is bad, give up hope" is more comforting than doing something.

That explains 99% of the slackers on this forum who want a place to whine impotently, and then go back to their video games, chat rooms, beer and collecting albums on eBay.

I don't know why SRP and Kontinual put up with these people. They're worse than useless.

September 29, 2007, 09:04:38 AM
"There's nothing we can do, everything is bad, give up hope" is more comforting than doing something.

So what is it that YOU are doing? Who are you, really?

September 29, 2007, 10:47:47 AM
He's trying to assume the role of Prozak whenever Prozak can't be found. Unfortunately, there's more to Prozak than the cynical elitism one can most readily find in his writings. Thus, his bromidic expressions don't quite live up to his role-model.

September 29, 2007, 10:53:37 AM
 ;D Seems Prozak has had a lot of fanboys over the years. I wonder if he's gay for him too?

September 29, 2007, 11:51:29 PM
I am not sure exactly what the purpose of this thread is, is it that things that are popular are better? Or that things that aren't even really metal should be touted as a holy icon?

Though, there is a comparison to be made between the bands mentioned and metal, in that metal does generally sell, perhaps not strongly, but consistently for a long period of time. A suggestion that the ideals expressed in metal are more eternal then they are in pop or rock?

September 30, 2007, 09:14:29 AM
He's trying to assume the role of Prozak whenever Prozak can't be found. Unfortunately, there's more to Prozak than the cynical elitism one can most readily find in his writings. Thus, his bromidic expressions don't quite live up to his role-model.

In that case, I don't know why SRP and Kontinual put up with him, by his own definition, he's useless.

Divus_de_Mortuus

September 30, 2007, 05:46:07 PM
I just looked at the top 500 best selling albums of all time and the only proper metal band on that list is Metallica(though MoP is ranked in the mid 300s), and even then, Metallica always was a rock band at heart. If AC/DC is heavy metal than so is Lynyrd Skynyrd. None of the other bands listed in the original post remotely resemble metal at all, unless heavy metal means the same thing as hard rock(never-mind the fact this site has always been about disproving that myth).  This is an embarrassing discussion. (deleting this serves no point, stop)

By the way, Garth Brooks alone every day outsells all true metal genres combined, just through Wal-Mart.

Trendy with a groove? Isn't that AC/DC?

23 LED ZEPPELIN IV LED ZEPPELIN ATLANTIC
21 BACK IN BLACK AC/DC EPIC
16 PHYSICAL GRAFFITI LED ZEPPELIN SWAN SONG
15 APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION GUNS 'N ROSES GEFFEN
14 METALLICA METALLICA ELEKTRA
12 LED ZEPPELIN II LED ZEPPELIN ATLANTIC
12 HYSTERIA DEF LEPPARD MERCURY
11 HOUSES OF THE HOLY LED ZEPPELIN ATLANTIC

10 ELIMINATOR ZZ TOP WARNER BROS.
10 THE BEST OF THE DOORS DOORS, THE ELEKTRA
10 PYROMANIA DEF LEPPARD MERCURY
10 LED ZEPPELIN LED ZEPPELIN ATLANTIC
10 VAN HALEN VAN HALEN WARNER BROS.
10 NEVERMIND NIRVANA DGC
10 1984 (MCMLXXXIV) VAN HALEN WARNER BROS.
8 AND JUSTICE FOR ALL METALLICA ELEKTRA
8 LED ZEPPELIN I LED ZEPPELIN ATLANTIC
7 HIGHWAY TO HELL AC/DC EPIC
6 MASTER OF PUPPETS METALLICA ASYLUM
6 DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP AC/DC EPIC
6 METAL HEALTH QUIET RIOT PASHA
6 5150 VAN HALEN WARNER BROS.
6 IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR LED ZEPPELIN SWAN SONG
6 LED ZEPPELIN III LED ZEPPELIN ATLANTIC
5 AFTERBURNER ZZ TOP WARNER BROS.
5 VAN HALEN II VAN HALEN WARNER BROS.
5 SKID ROW SKID ROW ATLANTIC
5 THE RAZORS EDGE AC/DC EPIC
5 WHO MADE WHO AC/DC ATLANTIC
5 RIDE THE LIGHTNING METALLICA ELEKTRA
5 S&M METALLICA ELEKTRA
5 LOAD METALLICA ELEKTRA
5 GARAGE INC. METALLICA ELEKTRA

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?table=tblTop100

I dearly hope this list wasn't presented to disprove my comments...

October 04, 2007, 12:23:15 PM
Look, you damn fool, you just don't get it. YOu see, the problem is you don't understand the advanced perception of the ANUS elite - their multi-tiered ontological system allows them to see that "rock music" is something entirely outside of metal, but also something within metal, depending on the circumstances.

Divus_de_Mortuus

October 05, 2007, 08:34:34 AM
I pointed that out recently in another thread. Problem is, that doesn't make sense to rational people.:(

October 12, 2007, 02:34:35 AM
I'm pretty sure that the reasons for this 'enthusiasm' have also been explained in another thread.

Short memories?

shadowmystic

October 12, 2007, 03:25:26 AM

In that case, I don't know why SRP and Kontinual put up with him, by his own definition, he's useless.

My theory is that SRP is trolling his own forum using BFB as an alter-ego.