Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

animals and lessons

Re: animals and lessons
January 14, 2014, 07:59:11 AM
You'd love bats. Bats are a mosquito's worst nightmare. And they're furry, too. It's a shame they apparently carry rabies, sometimes :(
Bats are great teachers, if you can learn from creatures.
Mosquitos, on the other hand, are interesting things, if you can get past their undeniable nuisance-value.
Almost nothing else is quite so slow-moving and fragile. Or quite as annoying.
I read a great line in a book, once, about a pupil asking a teacher what use mosquitos were. The teacher replied "Well, you might as well ask: what use are you?"
Dat wuz good.

January 14, 2014, 11:06:47 AM
I read a great line in a book, once, about a pupil asking a teacher what use mosquitos were. The teacher replied "Well, you might as well ask: what use are you?"
Dat wuz good.
I don't think "dat wuz good". The kid was obviously just asking if mosquitos have any direct value to humans and the teacher was being a smartass.

January 14, 2014, 12:13:12 PM
Dat wuz good.
I don't think "dat wuz good". The kid was obviously just asking if mosquitos have any direct value to humans and the teacher was being a smartass.

Well, considering that this was read in a book, it might not have been a real-life account. Likely the author was just making a point through the teacher's position. The point "iz" a good one, too. It is small-minded but normal to think of mosquito as a mere annoyance. Some other entity could consider humans to be the same way. The purpose of the narrative was to get you to consider the relevance of anything, not just the mosquito itself and its relation to humans.

January 14, 2014, 03:31:24 PM
Friend of mine once got into a bar-brawl with some rough-nut the locals call 'animal'.
And fuck did he get taught a lesson!

January 14, 2014, 04:50:10 PM
Who got taught a lesson? Your friend or Mr. Animal? Probability tells me to bet on your friend getting fucked up, you recounting the tale at all tells me to bet on the opposite; help a brother out I dont want to lose mental cash on a simple head-bet.

January 14, 2014, 05:58:10 PM
Ok. Assuming the friend lost, but that Mr. Animal was no longer able to produce offspring, then who is it really that lost? who is it that teaches and who is it that learns? Or did you really think my friend is me!

It gets deep!

:D

January 14, 2014, 06:57:02 PM
Sounds like the struggle beyween Mr. Animal and your friend serves a lesson all on its own.

That being, it seems that you fell for one of the classic blunders; never go in against a guy named Animal when death is on the line. This rules is only slightly less well known than "Never get involved in a land war with Asia."

January 14, 2014, 09:56:34 PM
Mr. Animal was no longer able to produce offspring

Damn, must've done a number. I think I'd be fine with getting pounded into the ground if I left that kind of mark haha.

January 15, 2014, 03:36:15 AM
 ;D