Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The hardest videogame of all time

The hardest videogame of all time
January 25, 2014, 05:23:31 AM
Visionary, absurdly difficult games such as this gain cult followings. It is the game I remember most from my childhood. It is the game I love (and despise) the most, because it was the hardest, the most complex, the most challenging. The world it presented was like being exposed to Plato’s forms, a secret, nonphysical realm of pure ideas and logic. The challenge of the game—and it was one serious challenge—was to understand that other world. Programmer Thomas Foote had just started college when he picked up the game: “I swore to myself,” he told me, “that as God is my witness, I would finish this game before I finished college. I managed to do it, but just barely.”

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/bitwise/2014/01/robot_odyssey_the_hardest_computer_game_of_all_time.html

Re: The hardest videogame of all time
January 25, 2014, 05:53:27 AM
Before I clicked on the link I thought it was going to be about Super Ghouls N Ghosts

January 25, 2014, 08:04:06 AM
Before I clicked on the link I thought it was going to be about Super Ghouls N Ghosts

Ghouls N Ghosts epic. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G02NbfjxHA)

January 25, 2014, 04:07:34 PM
I thought it would be Ninja Gaiden on NES. I actually beat SGNG, never beat Ninja Gaiden.

January 25, 2014, 04:30:07 PM

January 28, 2014, 01:06:56 PM
I was going to guess either Battletoads or Contra. Fuck, those games frustrated the hell out of me as a kid.

January 28, 2014, 02:35:41 PM
I was going to guess either Battletoads or Contra. Fuck, those games frustrated the hell out of me as a kid.

Goddamn Battletoads, the ultimate quarter eater, right next to Raiden.

January 30, 2014, 06:22:29 AM
For me the hardest video game is definitely ADOM, still not even close to ascending it.