Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Tell me about your education.

Re: Tell me about your education.
April 22, 2014, 05:12:46 PM
Sure. by learning how to listen to it. Not that that improves it, beyond at least allowing it to function.
Intuition is what led me to my wife. No way would I have done a complete U-turn in my life, solely on the basis of a lucid dream, had I not trained my intuition to speak, and kicked my ego into a corner.

April 22, 2014, 07:37:38 PM
How about if I said I love questions more than answers, or that success without failure leaves me feeling more empty than anything else?

It's impossible to love questions without loving answers. Answers are often new sets of questions. To love questions alone is to commit the eternal leftist sin of wanting to conjecture but not validate with reality.

I enjoy finding an answer, but it's the questions that keep me engaged.  My sense is that most folks are very uncomfortable with not knowing, and they go to great lengths to convince themselves that either A.) they know things that they don't or B.) that there was nothing to know in the first place. 

April 22, 2014, 07:47:56 PM
Very astute. That is where all my research has led me, too.

What I very often find, is that most people who ask questions, aren't remotely interested in learning what they don't know, and instead use anything they can get, by way of an answer, as ammunition to destroy both it, and the one offering it. Transcix used to do that regularly.

It is useless, reasoning with such people. They are simply unable to grasp the perspective you are reasoning from.

When you base all of your 'reason' upon a false premise, you can 'reason out' anything at all, except reason.
One such false premise being 'equality', which means, to such people, that if they don't already know it, then neither can you.

April 23, 2014, 04:17:39 PM
All of school is memorization camouflaged as learning.

How else do you test?

You make a list of things to memorize, and whoever memorizes the most wins.