Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

KING CRIMSON U.S. Tour Dates (Late Summer)

KING CRIMSON U.S. Tour Dates (Late Summer)
March 17, 2008, 12:46:47 PM
August 6 - Chicago, IL @ Park West
August 7 - Chicago, IL @ Park West
August 8 - Chicago, IL @ Park West
August 11 - Philadelphia, PA @ Keswick Theatre
August 12 - Philadelphia, PA @ Keswick Theatre
August 14 - New York, NY @ Nokia Theatre
August 15 - New York, NY @ Nokia Theatre
August 16 - New York, NY @ Nokia Theatre

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=34948

Two more dates in Nashville, TN:

August 2 & 3 @ Belcourt Theater

Some blogger:

I knew King Crimson was going to re-configure and tour the U.S. this summer and I knew, because frontman/guitarist, Adrian Belew, lives in nearby Mt. Juliet, that any rehearsals (and recordings) would likely take place there. It was also likely that KC would likely play some “warmup” shows in Nashville before heading out on tour. What was surprising was how easy it was to get tickets: only $25 – general admission! Wahoo!

The Belcourt Theatre is a tiny, 300-seat movie theatre in Hillsboro Village that has recently taken to hosting live music events and, needless to say, this will be an intensely intimate environment in which to witness the ferocious beauty of King Crimson.

Excellent news. I'll be back living in Nashville for the summer, so this saves me from having to plan a vacation.

Re: KING CRIMSON U.S. Tour Dates (Late Summer)
August 02, 2008, 09:34:09 PM
Just got back from this one.

The sound was great. The set-list was mostly '80s material with a few classics like "Red" and "Larks' Tongues in Aspic" thrown in.

The whole "2 drummers" experiment was handled very well.

The only complaint I really have is that Robert Fripp positioned his "Frippertronics" machine so that it completely blocked himself off from the audience, but I guess he's just not comfortable being in the spotlight (he was basically off to the side playing in the dark while the other four musicians were spotlighted in clear sight).