Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The Content of Character

The Content of Character
September 15, 2008, 06:23:47 AM
I've had this on my mind for a while now, and I feel that this forum is a good place to get a discussion going.

We're all aware that our society operates based on a careful balance of clashing ideas which cannot be justified except through severe abstractions.  Anything that sounds good is right, even if it contradicts something else which is also considered right.

Of course it doesn't work.  One thing falls slightly out of place and you end up with a huge conflict for no reason.  The United States here is basically a monstrous construction waiting to topple.  We're trying to mix Legos, K'nex, and Mega Bloks or something.  You can't just put random pieces together and call it a day.  We are a nation that hates itself.  Everyone here has their complaints.  Fat morons like Michael Moore blabber on about nonsense while I sit here and theorize about my own nation's stupidity for other reasons.  Every race hates each other, and it's punishable by law to hurt someone's feelings by dropping a certain word based on their skin color.  Our worship of diversity is ridiculous.  We basically lay our lives on the altar to attain mediocrity, instead of forging a new path and taking a few blows on the way.

There's a few points people typically assert/ wholeheartedly believe because they have been force fed garbage through school.  These points become absolutes; they cannot be argued no matter what.  These include beliefs such as slavery was the worst example of the dark side of human nature in history, it's unthinkable that woman didn't have the right to vote from the start and so on.  The thing is, people ramble this stuff off without ever thinking about where such events are leading.  We are not becoming more tolerant or open-minded at all.  The ideal mind of today's society is, in fact, the most pompous, closed-minded thing I can imagine.  Nothing is acceptable outside of the All Things Are Equally Good, But Some Things Are More Equal Than Others motto.  All we are embracing is our own decline.  Humans are animals, that's all we are.  We cannot demolish/ equalize the roles of men and women.  We must recognize that people have certain roles and some are better than others.  In order for the world to function, we cannot all consider each other equal.

But this hints at racism, so maybe we should just sit around and talk about Martin Luther King.  Well, even Dr. King dreamt of a world where people were "judged, not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." And though the colored almighty hath spoken, we are still not allowed to judge whatsoever.  Why is it so terrible to assume a sort of hierarchy among our species based on genetics?  Why can't a certain race of people be superior to another?  We are a result of evolution.  Doesn't it make sense that evolution is not complete?

Each man judges himself, and we merely perceive the results.  The content of a man's character truly is important, and not something we can overlook based on one's race/ gender/ religion etc.  It's a shame such things serve to cover up the genuine worth of a man.

Re: The Content of Character
September 15, 2008, 07:19:56 AM
These are truths which most people know in the back of thier minds, but are too afraid to acknowledge it because it goes against the pre-conditioning we all receive in western society. This is just like the massive over population problems we are now facing, people know how to really deal with it, but it goes completely against democretic liberal thinking.

September 15, 2008, 09:29:39 AM
But this hints at racism, so maybe we should just sit around and talk about Martin Luther King.  Well, even Dr. King dreamt of a world where people were "judged, not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." And though the colored almighty hath spoken, we are still not allowed to judge whatsoever.  Why is it so terrible to assume a sort of hierarchy among our species based on genetics?  Why can't a certain race of people be superior to another?  We are a result of evolution.  Doesn't it make sense that evolution is not complete?

As a middle to upper class male of European descent (guaranteed at least 75% of the readership here at ANUS/CORRUPT) , this system is very easy to accept, because quite frankly we're at the top in many ways already. We are stronger, have faster reflexes, better spacial skills and on average more intelligence than women of our same demographic de facto. That's a pretty nice present from mother earth, even if European males can't compete in terms of social, verbal, or nurturing skills with the females.

Historically, people of our race and gender have accomplished the greatest things this world has ever seen. Even the Asians worship our classical music, 100% of the worthwhile material being written by males. Similarly with literature and art.

So in many ways, Africans, Asians, and Women do get the short end of the stick when such a system is employed. They simply cannot even compete in many areas, so they become frustrated. I've seen this myself.

Ideally, people would see their own incapacity for certain tasks and say "I'm a short skinny white guy from Poland, so I'll probably never compete in the N.B.A., because the blacks are taller and have twice my strength and endurance. Oh well. I think I'll go write some Mazurkas at my piano.".

I think this is partly why a lot of us go "WTF ARE PEOPLE BLIND???!!!!ONESHIFTONE!!!" when talking about race/gender/intelligence hierarchies. It's easy to justify a return to the food chain when you know you'll be at the top of it...

September 15, 2008, 07:20:25 PM
Race is the final taboo of the western world. When it comes to race, we play games that would embarrass the intellect of children, ruthlessly employ rigid orthodoxies based on junk-science and lies, and generally pretend we don't see what everyone really does see...but denies. As H.L. Mencken once said, "The majority of men prefer delusion to truth." So it goes with acknowledgement of racial-types, inherent genetic differences and their attendant gifts and limitations, according to modern western "conventional wisdom".

We would rather twist our collective selves in knots, deny the obvious, trivialize the momentous and lionize the painfully mediocre or even utterly incapable, in order to keep the egalitarian lie alive. If the lie dies, western society and all it's filthy shibboleths about the glories of "diversity," equality and all it's similarly unctuous fantasies does too. And these same tactics and traits are employed in issues well beyond race as well, of course.

Such is the dysfunction of the west, and why most of us here realize this moribund, culturally bankrupt society needs to be euthanized and replaced/rebuilt post-haste. Race-denial is only one example of our willingness to swallow the lie that makes us feel good, rather than admit the uncomfortable or inconvenient reality or truth(see also, rampant-consumerism, environmental meltdown, modern feminism, globalism, etc.) But it is a particularly glaring example, as it is so obviously mendacious, it has created a whole new paradigm of self-destructive delusions taken as articles of faith. It's the new Christianity... 

Of course, all resistance to this nonsense is condemned as "hate" "racism" and all that. This site is routinely accused of such sentiment by those too full of self-righteous indignation to even bother and read what most here really DO believe. Race is just one piece of the puzzle...but it is a huge one, as so much about the west is now defined in terms of relation to global "equality, poverty, healthcare, humanitarianism," and all those infamously noxious universalist frauds.   

September 15, 2008, 07:29:49 PM
So does that mean a mexican polish part russian person like me can't compete with the higher class of indo-europeans just because they are fully from their race?

personally, the raced-based nationalism thing disturbs me somewhat. While I realize it fully, isn't there a place for people of mixed race heritages? and how did they become to be, ya know what I mean? are races really that seperate?

September 15, 2008, 08:27:39 PM
So does that mean a mexican polish part russian person like me can't compete with the higher class of indo-europeans just because they are fully from their race?

personally, the raced-based nationalism thing disturbs me somewhat. While I realize it fully, isn't there a place for people of mixed race heritages? and how did they become to be, ya know what I mean? are races really that seperate?

Realistically, you are talking primarily about ethnicity, not race (although the term "race" was once commonly used that way) in the modern parlance(at least insofar as moderns admit race exists at all). Obviously the entho-nationalism discussed here is not the present reality for many today. Most of us, particularly in America are of some mixed ethnic heritage - rather like the "Good European" Nietzsche spoke of. But preserving unique ethnic groups and their unique cultures, etc., is still a noble, if ever more challenging goal - and this applies beyond just "higher class indo-europeans" naturally.   

September 15, 2008, 08:38:34 PM
personally, the raced-based nationalism thing disturbs me somewhat. While I realize it fully, isn't there a place for people of mixed race heritages? and how did they become to be, ya know what I mean? are races really that separate?

The whole thing isn't that easy to clearly delineate.  We can't necessarily say for certain that men of a particular descent are better than those of another descent 100% of the time.  Regardless, survival of the fittest does apply.  The whole "equal-opportunity" thing is ridiculous.  And quotas for colleges?  I don't see how anyone can benefit from empowering those who are objectively inferior.

It is true that saying this may be much easier because my race is apparently at the top here.  It is also true that the majority of other races who attempt to fight against the "stereotype" fail miserably.  Maybe they can stand out for a few moments in the world of today, but most of the work of certain races will inevitably be washed away as our society withers.  This period of tolerance defined by intolerance will go down as a gruesomely infantile landmark in history.  Our world is an apathetic organism fighting for its own entropy.

13X

September 16, 2008, 04:12:12 PM
Why is it so terrible to assume a sort of hierarchy among our species based on genetics?  Why can't a certain race of people be superior to another?

. . .

Each man judges himself, and we merely perceive the results.  The content of a man's character truly is important, and not something we can overlook based on one's race/ gender/ religion
etc.  It's a shame such things serve to cover up the genuine worth of a man.

- - -

Do you think that there's a "genetic hierarchy" or not?. . .

September 16, 2008, 09:02:15 PM
I'm a Filipino/Asian male of Austronesian descent (and not Malay, as some books would say); if these facts affect my ability to listen to metal or to achieve other things which are thought of to be restricted only to Caucasians, then somebody should provide the evidence regarding this. Although I respect the beliefs of other individuals who hold certain convictions about the supposed superiority of their race, gender, religion, ethnic background or music genre of choice and I know for a fact that anus.com is a website solely devoted to the advancement of the elitist ideals of Europe-descended groups of people and the destruction of our democratic and capitalist based society as we know it, I still post a message here every once in a while just because I enjoy discussing metal and like to read about subjects concerning this genre.

I am thus speaking not as someone who has swallowed the whole plethora of ANUS dogma, hook line and sinker (which I have to admit have some valid and relevant arguments concerning the world and our present rotten system) but as an individual who'd like to share his own opinion about the matter.

It seems to me that a lot of people here are taking this superiority of race too far. But in my experience and study of present world conditions and circumstances, it is not the race or blood relations of a man that determines his destiny or fate but this: COURAGE.

Without courage, no one would have the guts to pay the price to achieve one's dreams or ambitions. You see it everywhere, people who are genetically less gifted, men who'd end up in the SS's list of candidates for extermination just because they were born crippled, or blind or just physically fucked, rising beyond their limitations and doing what other more fortunate folks take for granted most of the time. That is because they had the BALLS to take life by the horns and just fight, fuck what other people say or think.

COURAGE could be a vital part of man's content of character and for people who insist on race or grouping of people as relevant to the evolution of the human species, I respect their beliefs but that would not absolutely prevent others who happen to have different physical variations from the Caucasian race to achieve what they want in life. 

September 16, 2008, 09:44:51 PM
Race and ethnicity are a function of environment, natural and sexual selection, and so forth. Geography is also an important factor, as it can isolate populations or create overlap.

Unfortunately, due to imperialism and globalization, a lot of people of ethnicites who would almost never meet if it weren't for the increasingly-sophisticated transportation technology were displaced for the sake of conquest, resources, and more recently, a job.

Regardless of this displacement, each ethnocultural group still has its own standards to live up to.

It's foolish to assume that people who aren't a part of it are to live up to your group's standards, and if they can't, they're automatically "inferior".

Likewise, it's foolish for a person who is not part of that group to try and live up to another group's standards.

This sort of thought stems from multiculturalism and being forced together with people of different ethnocultural origins.

Every group has its greatest achievers and its would-be rejects. Unfortunately, we have to keep those rejects around because our "universal democratic society" says that everyone is equal. The proud German-American man from Texas has to live among his NASCAR-loving, blue-collared, poorly-educated peers, but they're all people of similar background. His talk of preserving his heritage and culture are looked down on as "racist" or "old-fashioned", but the truth is they don't want to give up their simple, race-ignoring lives. The studious, athletic African-American boy has to deal with accusations of being "at risk" for a life of crime and violence because he happens to be an exception to the trend. It's a never ending cycle.

So, race, ethnicity, and culture are still a factor here. There's really no reason to resent yourself for not being able to live up to the Germanic ideal if you're Asian or Mexican; you have your culture has its own ideals. You may have been brainwashed into thinking that this is the definitive, universal ideal by the Powers that Be, but the only reason they did that is so they can have your wallet and still live in a world oriented toward themselves.

The fact still remains however:
Metal is a universal, cross-cultural ordeal. It's the product of being forced to live in the middle of our globalized and industrialized modern world, and many like-minded individuals share this freedom-of-thought offered by the music.

Being a Hessian transcends the factors of race and ethnicity, but you still recognize its significance in your life instead of completely ignoring it.

A lot of black metal is Scandinavian-oriented. Burzum, Bathory, and so forth.
Sepultura incorporated aspects of their lives as Brazilians into their music (particularly on their crappier albums).
There's a lot of examples.

As for being mixed, if you can meet, or even break the standards of your ethnic groups; then you're doing well. I don't know whether members of either group would accept you off the bat though, they really have no reason to (speaking from experiencing this myself; I'm fairly mixed), but chances are that if you live in a place with people of similar mixed backgrounds, with enough momentum, it can probably break off into a separate ethnocultural group of its own.

September 16, 2008, 10:53:26 PM
My AIDS, Your Arse wrote:
"So, race, ethnicity, and culture are still a factor here. There's really no reason to resent yourself for not being able to live up to the Germanic ideal if you're Asian or Mexican; you have your culture has its own ideals. You may have been brainwashed into thinking that this is the definitive, universal ideal by the Powers that Be, but the only reason they did that is so they can have your wallet and still live in a world oriented toward themselves"

Does this mean that every member of your race has achieved the "Germanic Ideal"? Has everyone among you now possess the physique of a Swarzenegger or the genius of a Mozart? Isn't this so-called Germanic Ideal, in itself is not a natural monopoly of the white race but is actually a common yearning among all human beings? It is only the means to achieve this ideal that differs in each individual. Obviously, not every European could be a Conan or a Mozart (as attested by a lot of pasty faced, frail, fuck faced imbeciles from your own race) but like I said, it is the COURAGE of the individual, his willingness to fight the odds that make him truly human, that is more important than this hierarchy of races bullshit. Regardless if he is white, black, yellow because in the long run, these are merely irrelevancies.

Now we go to this "blind to the truth of white supremacy" argument. I hope some of you don't take this the wrong way but in my opinion, it is a great disservice to a lot of white people, even dangerous for them to perpetuate this mythology. Whoever propagated this white superman myth is truly forgetting something. To illustrate, there's this guy who wrote the Conan mythologies, Robert E. Howard. In his youth, Rob was a target for bullies, he was your typical nerd, very bright and intelligent, but his body was weak. The white superman myth states that all white men were born perfect (like Superman, right?) but if this is true, how come Rob has to work his ass off just to achieve a body builder physique (yeah, he grew up to be like your typical muscle bound Cimmerian)? Sacrifice, risk, discipline, the WORK ETHIC. That's what's missing from your equation, isn't it?  Even animals, through the process of survival of the fittest, know of this, it's something called competition but I don't think you buy into that concept, all of you were born instant winners right?

September 16, 2008, 11:04:40 PM
My AIDS, Your Arse wrote:
"So, race, ethnicity, and culture are still a factor here. There's really no reason to resent yourself for not being able to live up to the Germanic ideal if you're Asian or Mexican; you have your culture has its own ideals. You may have been brainwashed into thinking that this is the definitive, universal ideal by the Powers that Be, but the only reason they did that is so they can have your wallet and still live in a world oriented toward themselves"

Does this mean that every member of your race has achieved the "Germanic Ideal"? Has everyone among you now possess the physique of a Swarzenegger or the genius of a Mozart? Isn't this so-called Germanic Ideal, in itself is not a natural monopoly of the white race but is actually a common yearning among all human beings? It is only the means to achieve this ideal that differs in each individual. Obviously, not every European could be a Conan or a Mozart (as attested by a lot of pasty faced, frail, fuck faced imbeciles from your own race) but like I said, it is the COURAGE of the individual, his willingness to fight the odds that make him truly human, that is more important than this hierarchy of races bullshit. Regardless if he is white, black, yellow because in the long run, these are merely irrelevancies.

Now we go to this "blind to the truth of white supremacy" argument. I hope some of you don't take this the wrong way but in my opinion, it is a great disservice to a lot of white people, even dangerous for them to perpetuate this mythology. Whoever propagated this white superman myth is truly forgetting something. To illustrate, there's this guy who wrote the Conan mythologies, Robert E. Howard. In his youth, Rob was a target for bullies, he was your typical nerd, very bright and intelligent, but his body was weak. The white superman myth states that all white men were born perfect (like Superman, right?) but if this is true, how come Rob has to work his ass off just to achieve a body builder physique (yeah, he grew up to be like your typical muscle bound Cimmerian)? Sacrifice, risk, discipline, the WORK ETHIC. That's what's missing from your equation, isn't it?  Even animals, through the process of survival of the fittest, know of this, it's something called competition but I don't think you buy into that concept, all of you were born instant winners right?

For the record, I'm not even "pure" blood, I'm a Mexican.

I hope you didn't misunderstand my post (though it seems you did), I agree with you, but I believe I've found a reasonable middle ground.

There are criteria that every culture selects as an ideal to uphold. You uphold courage, that's great, but that is on an individual level.

But perhaps your culture upholds a different value?

There are universally-admirable qualities among all races, I wasn't denying that.

September 17, 2008, 12:42:07 AM
AIDS, I have nothing against you but I think the fundamental belief that some races are better than others is a great and utter fallacy. It would be more appropriate (as you have said, upholding courage is great but on an individual level) to judge superiority on an individual level than on groups of people. Declarations of superiority based on race or groupings of people are signs of insecurity, it is petty and patethic. The achievements of one man become the achievements of his people as time pass by but this does not in any way prove the superiority or worth of that group of people but as a matter of fact may even prove their mediocrity.

September 17, 2008, 05:19:45 AM
Do you think that there's a "genetic hierarchy" or not?. . .

Yes, to some extent.  Other people here have pointed out that geography and environment are factors among other things.  It is perfectly fine to jusge a man based on the predicament into which he has forced himself while ignoring the color of his skin.  You can't overlook a man's shortcomings because he is a minority, for example.  Liberalism would habe you believe otherwise.

The human race is still undergoing evolution, though.  I guess that was my point.  Saying all people are equal is the same as saying "we're stuck in a rut, and society will never improve."  We need to praise the strong and shun the weak, rather than encouraging everyone.  That's what I like about this place, you guys get that in terms of artistic value.   The art of a certain time period documents the thinking of the age.  It's an important fragment in deciphering our evolutionary stage.

September 17, 2008, 06:13:53 AM

Of course it doesn't work.  One thing falls slightly out of place and you end up with a huge conflict for no reason.  The United States here is basically a monstrous construction waiting to topple.  We're trying to mix Legos, K'nex, and Mega Bloks or something.  You can't just put random pieces together and call it a day.  We are a nation that hates itself.  Everyone here has their complaints.  Fat morons like Michael Moore blabber on about nonsense while I sit here and theorize about my own nation's stupidity for other reasons.  Every race hates each other, and it's punishable by law to hurt someone's feelings by dropping a certain word based on their skin color.  Our worship of diversity is ridiculous.  We basically lay our lives on the altar to attain mediocrity, instead of forging a new path and taking a few blows on the way.

I wouldn't worry too much about this. Many other western countries, and large non-western ones like Russia and China have no intention of following the US. They aren't willing to accept the massive incarceration rates and the toll on family relations and social cohesion, which comes with limited government control over the economy. The US has been trying to force the very values you are criticizing upon the world in the hope of universalizing them, but it hasn't work and won't work. There will be a big war over this sometime during our life, then finally people will realize the absurdities you are pointing out and build something better from the remaining fragments. What helps for me is to refuse to view the US as the most developed country whose status lies at the end of the road for all countries; it's just a particular brand of capitalism that does not work and will be brought to its knees like any other failed experiment in history, in due course.