Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Seeking opinions?

Re: Seeking opinions?
April 26, 2005, 02:51:48 PM
Von-Satanic Blood
Adramelech_Psychostasia

Von was an American joke band formed in the interim between black metal's first and second waves, playing music about as minimalistic as one could get. Clichés aside, the music is surprisingly tolerable and does provide an atmosphere formulated out of primitivism. Gutteral vocals can be found instead of the usual rasp used in black metal; supposedly an Autopsy member was part of the band.

Any Adramelech album is worth your while; this one's worthy of a blind purchase. I don't want to spoil the fun.  ;)

April 28, 2005, 02:36:20 PM
rudra

April 29, 2005, 10:39:50 AM
ALBUMS
lugubrum -- heilige dwazen
winterblut -- das aas
absurd -- blutgericht
furze -- furze
thesyre -- duality
velvet cacoon -- north of december

BAND
Nothing

opinions, please

Winterblut are an odd band reminding me of Voi Vod and Rudimentary Peni. Unorthodox Black Metal. I like it but others probably despise it for it's peculiarity.

Furze is a great band. I rarely, if ever, see them mentioned anywhere. Necromanzee Cogent is an horrific, paranoid listen that cannot be reccomended enough. I tend to listen to this alongside early Sabbath, early Electric Wizard and Sigh.  The recent 10" he released is fantastic in it's genius production. Bass high up in the mix and heavy Led Zeppelin drums combined with highly original riffing. Kind of reminds me of King Crimson. Fucking ace.  

May 01, 2005, 12:38:18 AM
Dr. Shrinker
Tiamat

May 01, 2005, 12:58:06 AM
Dr. Shrinker
Tiamat

Hey awesome, Dr. Shrinker, I never thought anyone would put that, as this band is one very few people probably remember.  Since you put Shrinker you reminded me to put up another band in the underrated section called Phantasm.  Shrinker is old school death metal that never got beyond the demo stage (haven't really heard enough to recommened anything...but I can tell you to check out Phantasm which is a similar style).  

Tiamat - First album is underrated, probably because of this groups later outputs.  Some people can enjoy the band up until Wildhoney, I only enjoy the first and disregard the rest (haven't heard the second which is still supposedly a bit more death metal oriented, but not like the first).  This band deteriorated into a menial Gothic Rock group around the Wildhoney era.  If you want Gothic rock, there are better bands.  The first album, Sumerian Cry, I highly recommened.  Sumerian Cry is a great dark death metal album album with some black metal touches (the use of names like Hellslaughter, the darker atmosphere, etc).

May 01, 2005, 02:17:20 AM

Hey awesome, Dr. Shrinker, I never thought anyone would put that, as this band is one very few people probably remember.  Since you put Shrinker you reminded me to put up another band in the underrated section called Phantasm.  Shrinker is old school death metal that never got beyond the demo stage (haven't really heard enough to recommened anything...but I can tell you to check out Phantasm which is a similar style).

Can you tell offer me a brief description on each release by Dr. Shrinker?

May 01, 2005, 11:59:14 AM

Can you tell offer me a brief description on each release by Dr. Shrinker?

Sorry, afraid I can't.  Like I said, I haven't heard much from this band as some of their back material is hard to find online and I haven't yet picked up their rerelease.  I know of them via Phantasm, since they share three of the same members.  They played a style similar to old Autopsy...sort of a death grind.  You can get some in depth info on a couple of the releases here:

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=4753

and they recently released all their old material on one disc.

http://necroharmonic.com/default.cfm?SiteMenu=Store&StoreMenu=ShowItem&ItemID=405

Hope that helps.

May 09, 2005, 06:42:25 AM
Oppressor
Coffin Texts
Buchenwald Oven
Victimizer (Denmark)
Helm of Awe
Horn of Valere

May 09, 2005, 08:01:06 AM
Some may not agree, but I thought Oppressor's "Solstice of Oppression " was an excellent technical death metal album, which was able to forego a depreciation into an overly jazz-influenced foray while retaining a uniquely melodic, yet heavy entourage.

May 09, 2005, 10:13:20 AM
Coffin Texts are recommended to people who enjoy downtuned, crushing old-school DM (fans of Vore, etc). Nothing too innovative though.

May 10, 2005, 05:12:46 AM
Old Wainds

May 12, 2005, 12:41:32 AM
ive asked this before but no one seems to respond
-inverted

May 12, 2005, 01:50:21 AM
ive asked this before but no one seems to respond
-inverted

Please forgive for my obtuseness, but I had the Inverted cd with the dragon on the cover. Interesting black death-y material. Probably more on the black side, but to be honest, I listened to it about four times when I first got it about four years ago and now need to dig it back up so I can make a more assured opinion. Again, please forgive the lack of help.

May 12, 2005, 06:54:46 AM
Macabre Omen
Resurrection (US)

May 12, 2005, 07:09:27 AM
Macabre Omen are cool, epic BM from Greece. Somewhat similar to The Shadow Order and early Wolfnacht, though not as good as either. The last track on "The Ancient Returns" rules, I must say.