Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

In MEXICO, emos face violence and discrimination

With recent concerns over how to protect kids on the net, nanny software maker Sentry has come up with a handy guide on "the 10 words every parent should fear".

The top ten words that parents are monitoring are:

1. Suicide
2. Alone
3. Dope
4. EMO
5. Bully
6. Depressed
7. Skinny
8. Breasts
9. Willy
10. Hate

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2008/aug/06/thewebsfourthmostdangerous

If all emos were dead, this wouldn't be a problem.

With recent concerns over how to protect kids on the net, nanny software maker Sentry has come up with a handy guide on "the 10 words every parent should fear".

The top ten words that parents are monitoring are:

1. Suicide
2. Alone
3. Dope
4. EMO
5. Bully
6. Depressed
7. Skinny
8. Breasts
9. Willy
10. Hate

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2008/aug/06/thewebsfourthmostdangerous

If all emos were dead, this wouldn't be a problem.

If only...

How distressing is that parental, "words to fear" list? " Suicide, alone, bully, depressed, skinny, emo..."  Oh woe and lamantation...alone? bully? Say it ain't so! No fucking wonder kids are such fragile, self-destructive vessels anymore.   

I won't even get started about the moaning about "hate..."

Ughhh...

A BIZARRE new Russian law hopes to make emo and goth music illegal in the eastern European country.

Legislation is currenting being drawn to regulate websites and ban emo and goth fashion in schools and government buildings.

Critics have slammed the musical genre as a negative culture encouraging anti-social behaviour and glorifiying suicide.

http://www.thesun.co.uk//sol/homepage/showbiz/music/article1470943.ece

No diversity training -- let them hurt the emos! It's natural selection and the emos like it. Bonus points for anal punching.

That. Emos ruin the reputation of Heavy metal.

I mean. If you take an emo, and put a metal fan same age next to it, take a 3rd party person not familiar with both scenes, they don't make a difference.

It's like Bavarians for Germany (those catholic people in the south of the country). 90% of foreigners think a typical German has leather trousers, a mustache and drinks 5 liters of beer a day.

Maybe that analogy explains my hate for those people. :)

A BIZARRE new Russian law hopes to make emo and goth music illegal in the eastern European country.

Legislation is currenting being drawn to regulate websites and ban emo and goth fashion in schools and government buildings.

Critics have slammed the musical genre as a negative culture encouraging anti-social behaviour and glorifiying suicide.

http://www.thesun.co.uk//sol/homepage/showbiz/music/article1470943.ece

A governmental initiative to pedantically to impose their own moral beliefs on the general public? Seems highly pragmatic to me!

No diversity training -- let them hurt the emos! It's natural selection and the emos like it. Bonus points for anal punching.

That. Emos ruin the reputation of Heavy metal.

I mean. If you take an emo, and put a metal fan same age next to it, take a 3rd party person not familiar with both scenes, they don't make a difference.

It's like Bavarians for Germany (those catholic people in the south of the country). 90% of foreigners think a typical German has leather trousers, a mustache and drinks 5 liters of beer a day.

Maybe that analogy explains my hate for those people. :)

While their Catholicism is to be frowned upon, their way of life is great. I prefer their more, "country" style of living, or at least their approach to living, than I do with their northern counterparts who basically live cold lives in those big cities of Berlin, Hamburg, etc. Bavaria has a rich, location-specific , culture, and I have come across many great people there who I still consider great friends.

Make a trip there and you'll find them to be courteous and genuine.

Emo is just another symptom of the modern mentality where self referential "woe is me" contemplation leads to acts of public pining.

NHA

Why should a mestizo solely identify with a mesoamerican culture? Maybe if hes looking for an excuse to feel oppressed.