Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Maryland Deathfest 2010

Maryland Deathfest 2010
July 22, 2009, 12:14:08 AM
Well, for years we thought it would be impossible, but we're very pleased and excited to announce that the legendary AUTOPSY will be headlining one of the nights of MDF 2010.

Here is a current list of confirmed bands for MDF 2010:

AUTOPSY
ENTOMBED (Sweden)
EYEHATEGOD
OBITUARY
PENTAGRAM
 SINISTER (Netherlands)
MELECHESH (Netherlands)
INCANTATION
PORTAL (Australia)
HAEMORRHAGE (Spain)
COFFINS (Japan)
IMPALED
GRIDLINK
BIRDS OF PREY
 INGROWING (Czech Republic)
GRIDE (Czech Republic)
 JESUS CROST (Netherlands)
MASSGRAVE (Canada)
 FUCK THE FACTS (Canada)
TOMBS
HOWL

Myspace blog
http://www.supremebrutality.com/fest/news.html

It's a little premature but I thought this was exciting news. I had planned on going in '06 to see Demilich but had to cancel last minute. I hope to make it to this one.

Gawd that's definitely the deciding factor for me, and fortunately I live in Maryland so it's only a 30 minute drive for me.

AUTOPSY
ENTOMBED (Sweden)
OBITUARY
SINISTER (Netherlands)
INCANTATION

More bands to scream "play the old stuff" at.

AUTOPSY
ENTOMBED (Sweden)
OBITUARY
SINISTER (Netherlands)
INCANTATION

More bands to scream "play the old stuff" at.

Indeed...but as an old bastard myownself, it only seems enjoyably natural!!

Man... Autopsy is the only thing they have going so far. Last year was so stellar, and already this lineup seems about 3/4 tepid.

But is it really good news that Autopsy will reform for this gig? I have tremendous respect for Chris Reifert (a true individual who does things his own way) and Autopsy's mutant Death/ Doom stylings and thus I genuinely hope this doesn't end in yet another pointless reformation and new lacklusture album; a trend all too common amongst most great bands from the 80s/ 90s. I am delighted I missed Celtic Frost's come back, I hasten to add...

But is it really good news that Autopsy will reform for this gig? I have tremendous respect for Chris Reifert (a true individual who does things his own way) and Autopsy's mutant Death/ Doom stylings and thus I genuinely hope this doesn't end in yet another pointless reformation and new lacklusture album; a trend all too common amongst most great bands from the 80s/ 90s. I am delighted I missed Celtic Frost's come back, I hasten to add...

Have you heard the new material? I thought it was pretty good.

Besides that, nothing has been said of them necessarily recording or writing new material.  A one-off show could be quite amazing.

Besides that, nothing has been said of them necessarily recording or writing new material.  A one-off show could be quite amazing.

In fact, a one-off show would probably be preferable to "new material" followed by a tour.  It's less likely to gum up the works or taint the legacy.  Nothing is worse than finally getting to see a classic band that then ruins the whole experience for you by playing a whole bunch of shit material off the new album they wrote to pay their tax bills.

Have you heard the new material? I thought it was pretty good.

Indeed I have and I wasn't let down; and I'll state here and now that Autopsy are easily one of my favourite bands due to their oft psychedelic flourishes and downright macabre riffs (you can't beat the intro riff to Embalmed for  sinister hideous filth!) but....  I just fucking hate come backs and as Chris has said that it ain't fucking happening I genuinely hope the man is as good as his word. Anywho, Abcess are practically just a more crusted out version of Autopsy anyway so why bring Autopsy back? Ha ha!

I'm just a stubborn bastard who likes it when the fans don't get what they want! Awkward people are more interesting and there's nothing worse than the notion that some fucking spineless wretch is utilising a back catalogue in one last ditch at getting the Metal spotlight on 'em. I genuinely believe Reifert et al. wouldn't do that.. but, hey, who knows, eh? The same could be said of Obituary several years back and, err, aren't they dull as ruddy fuck nowadays?!

I agree that a one time show could be most awesome. I thought that the new tracks were a cool return to the past but I'm not looking forward to a whole new album, I doubt that's the path they'll take.

Gorguts, Possessed, Asphyx, Necrophobic + more announced for MDF 2010 - 8/22/09
We are very pleased to announce that the reunited Gorguts have confirmed an appearance at Maryland Deathfest 2010.

In addition, the following bands have recently been confirmed for MDF 2010:

Possessed
Asphyx (Netherlands)
Necrophobic (Sweden)
Sadistic Intent
The Chasm

We won't be announcing additional bands for at least one month.
Three-day passes for MDF 2010 will go on sale on Thursday, October 1st.

Here is a current list of confirmed bands for MDF 2010:

AUTOPSY
GORGUTS (Canada)
OBITUARY
ENTOMBED (Sweden)
POSSESSED
PENTAGRAM
ASPHYX (Netherlands)
EYEHATEGOD
PESTILENCE (Netherlands)
NAGLFAR (Sweden)
MALEVOLENT CREATION
CONVERGE
NECROPHOBIC (Sweden)
MELECHESH (Netherlands)
SINISTER (Netherlands)
INCANTATION
PORTAL (Australia)
WOLFBRIGADE (Sweden)
HAEMORRHAGE (Spain)
THE CHASM
COFFINS (Japan)
IMPALED
DECEASED
SADISTIC INTENT
NAZXUL (Australia)
GRIDLINK
ROMPEPROP (Netherlands)
BIRDS OF PREY
STORMCROW
GRIDE (Czech Republic)
INGROWING (Czech Republic)
GOROD (France)
JESUS CRÖST (Netherlands)
MASSGRAVE (Canada)
FUCK THE FACTS (Canada)
TOMBS
HOWL

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=97296012&blogId=506833905

That line-up is no joke.  May be time for a metal Hajj.

That line-up is no joke.  May be time for a metal Hajj.

Haha, seriously. This line up is awesome news.

Making plans as we speak. Last year was solid - but this...!