Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Industrial black metal fails

Re: Industrial black metal fails
June 19, 2010, 09:15:14 AM
Mysticum - Black Magic Mushrooms

According to metal-archives they were doing a whole album of this stuff but scrapped it.

June 28, 2010, 10:01:33 PM
Catacombs was good

NHA

July 06, 2010, 04:53:05 AM
Mysticum - Black Magic Mushrooms

According to metal-archives they were doing a whole album of this stuff but scrapped it.

their demos versions were better than the ones on streams of inferno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJi9KjptVDI

July 08, 2010, 07:22:46 AM
Thanks to Godflesh we know Industrial can get along with Metal, but like the other posters have already said -- nobody is doing anything decent.  I think the problem lies with bands taking influences from whatever shit industrial band meant for being danced to in some goth nightclub that is hip at the moment, and not looking at masterpieces like Skinny Puppy's Too Dark Park.

If Windham Hell can be considered industrialish (you know, I never considered WH to have industrial aspects, but rethinking it, that's an impressive point).  I will second WH.  Excellent, underrated band.  And like all good metal bands, the guy behind it dies young in some sort of cruel joke against art.

I've always thought an industrial/metal fusion would be the necessary pill to cure the metal landscape of mediocrity, but so far there hasn't been a Jesus to save us from the Xasthurs and Deathspell Omegas. Then again, industrial is mostly dance music now, anyways.

July 08, 2010, 07:32:44 AM
Wow. So far this Feldgrau song I'm listening to doesn't suck. I actually like it.... I don't think it's my type of music -- I am insanely picky about my black metal -- but this so far isn't feces.

July 08, 2010, 01:34:36 PM
This thread prompted me to haul out Diabolicum - The Grandeur of Hell. It's not bad. Its main sin is that it is uneven, with pretty pop at the front end, and then some vague stuff in the middle that completely loses the listener, then a finish with more "industrial"ish songs.

I doubt there will ever be a black metal Godflesh. The two styles are too incompatible.

July 09, 2010, 03:31:03 PM
I doubt there will ever be a black metal Godflesh. The two styles are too incompatible.
Black Funeral's Az-I-Dahak always reminds me of (a more malicious) Streetcleaner. His Ordog and, to a lesser degree, Belial Arisen also posses industrial elements. So does Blut Aus Nord's The Work Which Transforms God, but that hardly matters since it's gay.

July 10, 2010, 07:29:11 AM
Manes - Under Ein Blodraud Maane has some light industrial elements. It seems like if there was going to be any fusion between the styles it would sound something like that.