Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Distortion pedal help

Re: Distortion pedal help
April 10, 2006, 07:10:34 PM
classic!

yep well worth the fairly cheao price too. i haven't really been able to experience its full force yet. my amp is fucked up

April 10, 2006, 07:16:59 PM
yep well worth the fairly cheao price too. i haven't really been able to experience its full force yet. my amp is fucked up
what kind of amp do you use?

April 10, 2006, 07:19:31 PM
Marshall AVT50X pretty good, though it works better if you don't spill coffee on it.

April 10, 2006, 07:47:45 PM

I'll see, thanks. I wasn't planning to really crank it anyway. I don't do gigs, I only play for myself and recordings, so I don't need to crank it all the way up.

if you don't crank it you should be fine. moderate volume is key!  :)

April 10, 2006, 07:57:43 PM

On the subject, can anyone recommend any songs to get the feel of soloing techniques? Right now i am learning Losfer Words and the Duellists by Iron Maiden and even those solos are very hard for me.

soloing is hard man. practice practice practice. what to practice? everything.

learn a bunch of minor scales and just play them over and over and over. then learn some classical guitar and play that over and over. you'll actually start to piece together how metal players solo after doing that. of course there is a ton more you can do, but that is a good start. make sure to practice stuff you like along with "lesson" stuff. doing so will keep you interested in playing. sometimes learning shit can get tedious, but it's important anyway.  :)

oh, and guitar world magazine is halfway decent at teaching different techniques.