Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Petition to Century Media

Re: Petition to Century Media
May 23, 2006, 05:52:40 PM
Fuck capitalism...

Why did they start this label in the first place? I bet it wasn't for capitalistic reasons...no one really starts an extreme metal label to get rich! I think the old folks at CM have lost sight of why they're doing what they do.

Yeah, I'll sign too!

T. Wittig

place even the most passionate revolutionary upon the throne of russia and in time he too will be as bad or worse the the tszar himself.

June 02, 2006, 11:23:17 PM
I thought that CM had a sub-label/ sub-division called Century Black dedicated solely to putting out Black Metal????  

Did CM get rid of it?  

I know it existed because they put out the re-issue of Mayhems De Mysteris Dom Sathanas that I have and it says Century Black right on the back!!!!

Maybe they just need to bring that part back.  

Annihilaytorr

June 03, 2006, 05:16:34 AM
It seems that at least half of Cryptopsy's current fanbase was built up between the release of '...And Then You'll Beg' and 'Once Was Not'.  Either impressive hype or a mass discovery.

The majority of these fans discovered None So Vile via teh internet!1. There is a perception out there(especially in Brutal DM circles) that NSV is the best DM album of all time. I do not agree with that anymore but None So Vile total 666 anyway.  The other half of their fanbase are "technical DM" fans. I think the most popular dm band in the modern scene is probably Negrophaggits, and And Then You'll Beg popularity comes along with that.

June 03, 2006, 11:50:43 AM

The majority of these fans discovered None So Vile via teh internet!1. There is a perception out there(especially in Brutal DM circles) that NSV is the best DM album of all time. I do not agree with that anymore but None So Vile total 666 anyway.  The other half of their fanbase are "technical DM" fans. I think the most popular dm band in the modern scene is probably Negrophaggits, and And Then You'll Beg popularity comes along with that.

These are the type of fans who view metal as a contest. That is, the point for them to is out perform bands with technicality, and thus, proclaim these bands superior. Artistic expression means nothing to these blockheads, and so you end up with Necrophagist and the last three Cryptopsy albums.

June 03, 2006, 12:32:58 PM

place even the most passionate revolutionary upon the throne of russia and in time he too will be as bad or worse the the tszar himself.

Someone here gets it. Nice illustration of it too.

Annihilaytorr

June 03, 2006, 12:34:51 PM
What makes it worse is a forum like myspace where garage malldeath like Job for a Cowboy can pose as "technical DM" and build a large "fan" base. I am sure Century Media would be in the top three favorite record labels if myspace metalheads were polled.

I vote for gassing every human with a myspace account.

I just alienated half the board.

June 03, 2006, 10:45:04 PM

Hehe, I have the DSP version, thus I didn't give money to Century Media  8)

Well I have put myself in quite a bind.  I live in a rural area so there are not alot of stores around that even stock this sort of music (Heavy Metal and especially Black Metal), I am not into I-pods and the MP3 type stuff, and I don't even have a credit card to order stuff off of Amazon!!  (I am paranoid about financial institutions as I am paranoid about many other things as well) so when I actually do see something I want to pick up I can't be super-choosey 'oh its not issued by DSP I can't can't get it...'    

(Besides whilst alot of the Century Media stuff does suck I do like Nevermore however)