Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

3/4 of original Gorgasm in new band called PESHMERGA

PESHMERGA ...  featuring 3 original Gorgasm members from "Stabwound Intercourse" line up.     
Tom Tangalos, Derek Hoffman and Russ Powell are back with 2 new members Bryan krikie and Tim Thompson.       
The debut cd is called " Murderous Acts Of Cruelty"         It will be released on Sevared Records in 3 weeks.
till then...         

sound samples and downloads are available from...
www.cdbaby.com/peshmerga

The song Hordes Of Assassins can be heard in its entirety at...   
www.myspace.com/peshmerga_deathmetal

Gorgasm were always technically competent panderers who made entirely derivative and empty collection of brutal and chaotic riffs. They were a direct spiritual successor to the paradoxical no-nonsense physical yet complete-nonsense spiritual approach to Death Metal typified by Cannibal Corpse.

So needless to say I am overjoyed by the formation of this band.

Why does a death metal band from France use the name of Kurdish guerrilla fighters?

Oh

Peshmerga or Peshmerge (Kurdish: PÍşmerge or پێشمه‌رگه ‌‌) is the term used by Kurds to refer to armed Kurdish fighters. Literally meaning "those who face death" (Pesh front + marg death)

Cool enough idea, but I don't know what it has to do with France.

This band makes no effort to define itself away from Gorgasm musically either. This is awful, but I am sure this won't be the last we hear of it. But I wonder if this kind of death metal still has a legitimate following though. I doubt many hardcore Gorgasm or Lividity fans from ten years ago still give a shit. Maybe I'm out of touch with the scope of the genre but it seems like Brutal DM has really declined in stature since 2006.

Gorgasm =    Chicago Illinois was formed in 1995.
Not to be confused with the band in France.  

They both eat dicks.

The welcoming committee has arrived.