A few odds and ends, from other blogs and the forum:
- Birth A.D. launched a new store so you can now easily get the album, the mp3s, and the new shirt design.
- Blaspherian is recording a new album that will be out in October on Deathgasm in the USA and Die Todesrune in USE.
- Gridlink is recording Orphan, their new blistercore album for release this year. Note: parodic genre names may appear in this update.
- Sacrifice of the Nazarene Child #10 is going to have Mortem, Blaspherian, War Master and Bahimiron playing live in Houston on October 9.
- Doom metallers Sleep have reunited and are playing shows starting in the effete metrosexual northeast.
- After recording the biggest turd of his life with Belus, Kristian “Varg” Vikernes has changed his name, sold his farm, and moved to an apartment in Los Angeles.
- Divine Eve are a contender for best of 2010 with Vengeful and Obstinate.
- Medical science is investigating Ozzy Osbourne to find if the secret to his longevity despite prolonged self-abuse is in the genes, or if he simply lacks the cognitive ability to die.
- Corrosion of Conformity reunites with Animosity-era lineup to play a show in Austin on August 13.
- Birth A.D. played a show in Austin that ended with the fire department being called and warrants issued for unauthorized body cavity searching of fans.
- Old school death metal band Disma have released two new tracks of their melodic take on Incantation and Obituary.
- DLA activists attacked known Crowdist hipster site Reddit with What is heavy metal?, The early history and development of death metal, Old school death metal and The more reputable bands from which known coprophages Pantera borrowed their sound.
In addition, we bring you the uncanny association between Republicans, death metal, and knowitall lesbian news anchors who got promoted for the novelty of hey-did-you-know-she’s-a-lesbian-and-my-grandmother-thinks-it’s-shocking:
That ought to keep you for awhile.