Metal Archives Loser Moderator outed!

Metal Archives moderator Morrigan who is known for being a psychotic feminist and for importing her idiotic views based on irrational sheep think and not on science or logic, has been outed as being kendo instructor at the “Université De Montréal” Véronique Marchand. She is known for being a moderator on pedophile and then sex offender owned video game forum Neogaf and possibly the worst forum that mankind could ever conceive, ResetEra, which is known to host those that do not even possess the low I.Q to take part in NeoGaf conversations.

Véronique Marchand has over the years made Metal Archives into a safe space full of mediocrity and and neutered metal so that her limited world views are not challenged. This goes against the very ethos of metal which is unrelenting in its search for freedom and disregard for any of form restrictions and censorship. A moderator in a forum that is more interested in the gender politics of an ex Absu member rather than what they can provide musically or other relevant analysis or information on the band. Morrigan is a crutch to metal and has replaced Metal Archives’ entire moderator base with her real life friends that don’t even listen to metal so that they may perpetuate her control of a poor excuse of a website that claims to be the encyclopedia for all that it is metal.

Tags: , , ,

78 thoughts on “Metal Archives Loser Moderator outed!”

1. Autist assissinator in training says:

How about a little bit more factual background for the non-autists on here who don’t follow these issues so closely…

How do you know she filled metal archives with her friends; when did this happen; what are some concrete negative consequences of this person’s moderating role?

Thank you.

1. Everything is there. There was no way I was going to spend hours downloading all the relevant threads.
      If you are an autist assassinator like you claim, then you should find the info very quickly.

1. Satania says:

Are you referring to this thread, by any chance?

2. Thewaters says:

I find this interesting. However, why does this matter? Who spent the time figuring all of this out and why? A moderator on a 9th tier metal site was doxxed? Why did anyone bother doing this?

I am not asking rhetorically. I sincerely want to know the answers to these questions.

Can you clarify or make it known to me why this matters?

1. I will explain how this all came together.
          At the time I was doing research for the next analysis article and received a hint about all this.
          After some research with a few research tools it all fell in place and everything was concrete.
          The whole ordeal took no longer than ten minutes.
          There are a lot of posts relating to these and I thank a few people with compiling the information in the first place.
          The reason we do this is that MA has a lot of influence with younger Hessians and any time the truth is revealed it allows for them to avoid such idiotic SJW values.

2. oatmeal says:

i’ve heard long ago that M-A had some undesirable curators.
    It might not be a bad idea for someone to make a back up copy of Metal-Archives (just the encyclopedia section not the forums)to continue the chronicle in case all is lost.

1. Piss Off, I'm Han Solo says:

This is a good idea. Has anyone thought of forking the site yet?

3. It would be best for the internet if centralized, crowdsourced sites like Metal-Archives and Wikipedia simply died.

1. inquisitive mind says:

Why do you believe that?

1. Thewaters says:

“Crowdsourced” should give you an indication as to why he believes that.

2. Fair question. This reply tells the basics, but generally, I prefer free markets and open discussion to centralized control, since it creates a single point of failure which guarantees that it will be gamed. On the old internet, there were no “definitive” references, only competing ones, which as you recall is how classics like the Encyclopedia Britannica became revered in the offline world way back when. This system worked better in that it encouraged competition and the production of competing information; centralization encourages us to become obedient, get on Metal-Archives, and then edit away until we can inject our propaganda where we want it.

1. metalhead says:

OK, I think I get your point. Basically, in true Plato-worship fashion, you dislike democracy / crowds / the multitude. You also mention centralized control – which is funny because what does the DLA represent then (?); but that’s an easy one, so let’s forget about it.

I know that Metal Archives banned your links. But you can also be honest about it and admit it that the fact they exist is also part of the competition and open discussion that you prefer. It’s also your choice not to support the competition I get it.

You mentioned the old system: well, the Internet changed everything, it’s gonna be harder to find intelligent sources (say Britannica) without drowning in the sea of mediocre voices (say Wikipedia), but if you know how to play the game and make good propaganda (say the Daily Stormer), then success can be found and everything is not lost.

However, from a regular metalhead viewpoint, the archives are there for storing lots of trivia, band interconnections, band history, lyrics etc. – and I wouldn’t like that to disappear because it’s worth exploring. In terms of good music tips and/or propaganda, I don’t think many people listen to music based on the MA review score for an album, I guess many of us go for what our friends are listening to or what good review sites say (like yours!).

It’s OK for the multitude to exist, and have crowdsourced projects like the MA, the same as it’s OK for good review sites to exist for people with good taste. I never got into your Platonism because it’s silly and destructive just like every other utopia in history. If you really wanted the multitude dead and were smart enough to do it, you’d have figured a way out by now. But you’re not (and nobody is I guess), so like any other intelligent human, you’ll have to resort to Machiavellian tactics to survive and succeed. I propose we just live and let live and simply be the best and fuck the rest.

1. You also mention centralized control – which is funny because what does the DLA represent then

I think this whole thing went right over your head. Might try again to see if you understand the point Plato was making, then branch outward to understand the difference between centralization and decentralization.

1. never_gonne_give_you_up says:

You’re quoting the single observation I said didn’t matter (I said “forget about it”), because it was unclear and/or ambiguous.

This isn’t about having a perfect knowledge of Plato, it’s about what I see as your worldview as inspired by some readings of Plato, and my take on it. I think that in a broad sense, when Plato imagined the perfect city-state where the multitude is obedient to an elite group (guardians, philosophers etc.) that enforce and determine justice, virtues and good artistic taste, this is similar to what you desire in the metal world, and – I would argue – in the real world also, which is obedience of the masses to the best and the smartest people (those having the knowledge and good judgement regarding metal for example). Do correct me if I misinterpreted your views.

Bottom line is: life doesn’t work that way, in this utopian way – and I think there are some good reasons for it actually.

But I do appreciate your ripping a new one into shitty moderators/censors like this Morrigan chick.
              Cheers!

1. Autist assissinator in training says:

You interpreted Brett backwards, you tit.

He was arguing for LESS centralisation, MORE ‘democracy’ (or better yet: contest) in information.

1. NO U says:

Bullshit. He’s a total elitist and against democracy or crowdsourcing, check his replies:
                  – “Togetherness is evil”
                  – “Wikipedia and MA trash the genre by democratizing it”
                  – “would be best if [..] crowdsourced sites like Metal-Archives and Wikipedia simply died.”
                  – “The idea of Metal Archives is the problem: list all metal bands.”

He’s saying two different things, that shouldn’t be confused:
                  – that centralized control is bad: OK, that’s true for these two crowdsourced sites.
                  – that crowdsourcing is a bad idea: not OK for me.

I think the idea of Metal Archives is good, for scholarly purposes. But it would best to have it crowdsourced and decentralized.

Also, you’re saying “democracy” OR “contest in information”? Not the same thing, and the existence of MetalArchives, Metalsucks etc. alongside the DLA obviously means -more- competition.

Don’t be a bad defender for Brett, you Autist, let the man speak for himself.

2. Cynical says:

Democracy always leads to centralization of information. Multiple viewpoints are only possible when the crowd isn’t giving their “input”.

1. Democracy always leads to centralization of information.

Sometimes referred to as “the lowest common denominator.”

We might call it The Metallica Problem: you can always get more famous by making your music more simplistic, hook-laden, and body-oriented rather than mind/soul oriented.

3. Good point. More competition, not more control.

4. Kekkonen says:

I thought Morrigan was a tranny?

5. Thewaters says:

On the other hand, the fact that she is affiliate with Neogaf and other disgusting sites probably indicates the hypocrisy of this women.

6. Thewaters says:

You guys should open forums here again.

1. No one wants to moderate.

1. Flying Kites says:

Though did you also remove it for the Audiophile and the potential for uppity LEFTists to file suits?

7. Morrigan is the absolute worst. I’ve visited that site for over ten years and seen it become more and more centered around politics of the lamest kind. Maybe I’m giving her too much credit, but it seems like Morrigan has neutered them, and all the sexless chumps over there are trying to impress her with how “virtuous” they are. That’s the only thing I wanna believe, because I can’t accept that metalheads have become a majority of whiny social justice warriors. As I’m sure you’ve seen, her posts are in “the tavern” (the non-metal discussions) 99% of the time—a testament to the fact that she does not give a shit about metal. An art form primarily perpetuated by white males (yes, I give credit to the Latin Americans too) cannot continue unmoderated.

1. The idea of Metal Archives is the problem: list all metal bands. Great, this means that any idiot can get cred for being metal despite having produced a late hardcore band with screamo vocals. Togetherness is evil, and sites like Wikipedia and Metal Archives trash the genre by democratizing it, which is why all the bitter old schoolers rant on about how it would be better if we want back to tape trading again, forgetting how much of a pain the ass that was.

8. lemon (retard) says:

This is not even remotely objective, but simply incel propaganda with a lot of strong adjectives. Dislike.

1. Leftists like to mock non leftists with the incel insult because they don’t entertain sexual relations between them and non women. Imagine being that angry that you create your own facts to hide your lack of success in life. Oh wait it’s called being a leftist.

Where is the lie in all of this ?
      How is it not objective?

1. X (retard) says:

Nah dude this is pretty bad and betrays you as an obvious basement dwelling loser with no life.

1. thank god some leftist has called me a loser, please send me your picture so that I may see what a real man/trans/woman/vegan looks like.

2. chillfully thus far says:

Your syntax is suspiciously feminine.

9. Richard Sullivan says:

How did you acquire these pics? For as long I’ve been on that site, she’s kept her identity pretty well hidden and never posted pics of herself anywhere or mentioned her name.

1. Richard Sullivan says:

I always had a feeling she was ugly (she even admitted this herself years ago in a thread on MA, but I never expected her to look this bad. In that second pic, she looks like Gollum from LotR with slightly more hair. I guess her exterior matches her utterly repugnant personality. It’s a wonder how she manages to keep a boyfriend. But, then again, HellBlazer’s probably an emasculated cuck, as only such a man would ever be willing to date an incorrigible cunt like her.

1. wanderer says:

she’s actually just withou make up on these pics, many women look different then: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pinterest.com/amp/pin/547961479639646306/
          also metal isn’t really the scene with good looking guys isnt’t it, for the less good looking woman there will always be an ugly metal guy ready to go with her, so apart from from urge to insult what is it you’re trying to say with this surface based crap of ugliness/boyfriend blah blah?

1. Richard Sullivan says:

The post was more about how her being ugly on the inside and outside. Also, I said HellBlazer is dating her because of him being a wimp, not because of his own appearance.

2. Flying Kites says:

Women wearing makeup has become obsessive and job-related from where beauty enhancement and nutritional beauty began. That prolonged exposure to petroleum and Chinese lead could only lead to deformed faces once they reveal themselves without.

2. Flying Kites says:

Exactly, as Gollum! Don’t all British women look like that?

1. Richard Sullivan says:

She’s French-Canadian.

1. Flying Kites says:

Someone that ugly probably wouldn’t have survived infancy without modern medical care, those chromosomes are screaming out in rage.

10. Dickless absu faggot says:

Vahdias is a beast! Morgan confirmed for 2/10! Traps are fucking gay!

11. Dakota Skye says:

The internet ruined metal.

1. the truth says:

fuck off hipster

12. NWN War Metal Tranny Rapist says:

I’ve seen shemales with bigger tits! Get some surgery! I summon the tranny rape legions from the highest of mountains and proclaim: rape the transsexual! Sodomize the shemale ass! No tranny shall be spared.

13. Johnny cab says:

Between YK’s long-standing “battered women” relationship with Blake Judd (y’all get on those Judas Iscariot bootlegs yet?) and now this…roll in Metalsucks and the rest of the BlastBeat Network and…

Well, it is the 3rd…Happy Hanukkah, I think.

14. T. Desecration says:

This is the funniest thing I’ve seen here in a minute and I could not stop laughing for like 5 minutes straight when I first saw those pics. I have nothing else to add.

CONQUER THE ENSLAVER

1. NWN War Metal Tranny Rapist says:

Rape the shemale! Sodomize the transsexual ass! No tranny spared.

15. NWN War Metal Tranny Rapist says:

Look at the package of that thing all the way to the right! This is Canadian shemale! Rape them! Rape them all!

16. Legend Of Chuck says:

Not sure how much is true since you guys have been caught making stuff up and I’ve personally had my comment changed to say something I didn’t so… kinda losing credibility.

1. When did we make anything up?
      If you are going to make accusations, at least back them up

17. ihateeveryone says:

Y’all actually read Metal Archives???? LOL

18. Anonymoose says:

Surprised it took you this long to post. This has been known since the beginning of this year that Morrigan is as ugly externally as she is internally.

Purportedly, Metal-Archives used to be very conservative in the distant past (think from 2004-2008), but I wouldn’t know since most of those old threads have long since been purged. In 2009, the community changed drastically. Prominent alt-righters and other right-wingers were routinely made examples of and systematically purged from the site. This left perhaps only a handful of centrists and Libertarians forced to stay quiet.

According to one of the ex-moderators, Morrigan and the other moderators wanted to “elevate the quality of the board’s discourse,” which meant banning a huge swath of Neo-Nazis, Anarkiddies, hardcore Libertarians and many others, too. It didn’t help that many of the resident right-wingers weren’t the sharpest debaters, and several got caught flatfooted. Once PhantomOTO became promoted as a forum moderator, he started to go great lengths to shame, berate, mock and even edit the posts of right-wingers he didn’t like. MaDTransilvanian was a frequent target of abuse and overtime grew to be the resident leftists’ favorite punching bag until he was permanently banned in 2011.

PhantomOTO left around 2011, but at that point, the damage had been done. Progressives, left-liberals and leftists gradually dominated the discourse around 2011, and several were able to keep enough of a composure to be promoted as forum moderators.

The years under PhantomOTO were particularly bad. Just look at this festering sore of a thread:

1. Richard Sullivan says:

What’s funny is that back in the day, the mods (including Morrigan herself) jokingly referred to the hidden mod forum, privy only to them, as “Gestapo HQ”, as they always had a reputation for their stringent enforcement of board rules and zero tolerance for unacceptable behaviour. I’m sure, nowadays, they’d probably go to great lengths to refrain from using such terms, even jokingly.

1. Ghost Sucks says:

I’m surprised Morrigan still has a thread called “Oven Fodder” referencing tossing a screaming wigger (!) into a furnace. Someone should probably screencap it in case they delete/alter it.

I suppose she was less of a progtard in 2004.

1. mlotek says:

Thanks for those links T. Desecration.
        They deleted most of UltraBoris’ reviews, one of the original reviewers on the site?
        and,
        Now, it confirms what I suspected… of why everything I reviewed was rejected.
        They would NEVER say EXACTLY what was wrong with them; just simply said it didn’t “follow their rules”.
        They were short, concise, 2 paragraph descriptions, and were similar to many other, older Metal Archives reviews.

In Part 3 of ” , : – “, mentions after “Autothrall arrives” he was despised by many. ..
        ” , , ‘ “.
        I bet that same bullshit still exists.
        I didn’t kiss ass to the clique of moderators, and didn’t post (and agree with all they say) on their forum?

1. Given the sheer amount of quasi-literate nonsense that they publish, deleting reviewers like these is a crime. M-A has abused its power, just like Wikipedia. After Google, the internet appears to be exclusively run by internet forum moderator types, or those who have the time and obsession to want to enforce little rules on other people.

2. Mong says:

Ah, Noktorn. He was one of the bigger names on Metal-Archives. Extremely polarizing and controversial, but respected by many. No idea whatever happened to him, but he went AWOL around 2012 and then no one ever heard from him again. Metal-Archives just isn’t the same without him. Speaking of users who’ve gone AWOL, John_Sunlight (the user formerly known as Kvisling / Tepes_the_Unweeping) has deleted his own account. There goes another piece of Metal-Archives history.

1. T. Desecration says:

IIRC sometime in like late 2014/early 2015 I believe he [Noktorn] made some posts on another forum with a new handle saying that he had been in the depths of a hardcore amphetamine addiction and almost died back in the day which was why he was acting erratic and tried to sell his collection/rip off people, and that he since joined the army to get his life together and was doing alright. He said he would be willing to pay off any of the apparently many people who he owed money. And then I believe he never made any more public posts again and no one has heard from him since then, although I believe I’ve seen some on M-A say he did pay them back, as well as some who say he still never did.

[This is based off of vague memory, I cannot guarantee what I said above is entirely correct. For the record, I never knew Noktorn or any of the people he owed money. Feel free to correct me if any of the above information is incorrect, misleading or out of date.]

19. tard wrangler says:

A couple months ago this hag banned somebody for expressing skepticism about those Kavanaugh rape accusations. Not accusing the accuse of lying, but just expressing skepticism and insisting on due process. Kinda hilarious being able to put a face to her now.
    M-A had a few good writers with decent taste like ANationalAcrobat but I’ve lost all respect for them at this point for sucking up to the mods the way they do.

1. Richard Sullivan says:

She’s banned people for much less before. Not too long ago, she banned someone for challenging the veracity of Rational1Wiki, which, for those unfamiliar, is a site containing every SJW talking point and line of argumentation they typically use.

20. the truth says:

Hey, she’s steadfastly kept Slipknot and System of a Down off the site this entire time. That’s got to count for something, yeah? No? Bueller?

1. T. Desecration says:

However they still consider “”Blackgaze”” to be Metal and accept all bands in that genre, even though it’s all just Post-Rock/Indie Rock/Shoegaze with Screamo vocals.

They also seem to be weirdly inconsistent about which so-called “Alternative Metal”/”Nu Metal”/Grunge acts they will consider to be “””Metal””” seeing as Soundgarden, Alice in Chains and Faith No More are still on the site.

As well many of the “”Prog”” “””””Metal””””” bands they allow such as Riverside or Haken are less heavy than say Tool, or even Porcupine Tree which they (rightfully) don’t consider to be Metal.

There’s probably many more examples that can be listed, those are just the most obvious ones that have stuck out to me over the years.

1. The big drive of the herd has always been to include “rock” under the metal banner so that metal can in turn be assimilated by rock.

That way, they can keep pumping out the same crap, and give it metal production and vocals, and sell it as rebellious, sort of like Harley-Davidson, Jack Daniel’s, and the Navy SEALs…

1. Cynical says:

I don’t think that they’re that conspiratorial. There’s no big vision for the push to label rock bands as metal. Rather, like most conspiracies, a bunch of people act in their own interest and since they’re surrounded by the short-sighted, it ends up having negative consequences for everyone else.

Metal is where professional musicians who couldn’t make it go to eek out a living. Say what you will about pop, but the environment is ruthlessly meritocratic — only the best productions of the best performances of songs written by super-skilled songwriters applying their talents to write the catchiest advertising jingles possible have any shot of seeing the radio. If you’re not absolute peak in one of those categories, you have no future on the radio (don’t kid yourself into thinking that the performers are nothing but pretty faces autotuned into shape; the list of the most successful pop starlets is dominated by singers who were at the top of their classes in the best music performance colleges. It’s a lot easier to take someone who is average looking and photoshop them into being attractive than it is to fix a bad performance; auto-tune won’t fix timbre issues). Meanwhile, metal is the ultimate participation-trophy land in the first place (“support the scene!”), and the fact that metalheads are largely insecure about their taste means that if you can sell it as “open minded” or paste an “intelligent” image on it, they’ll buy it in droves.

As such, if you can’t make it in pop, you can eek out a living by selling the same music where the standards are lower, so it becomes the port of call for second and third tier wannabes everywhere. You won’t be famous, but you won’t need a day job either if you play your cards right.

1. TheLord says:

That’s more applicable to rock then metal. Which music college did 6ix9ine, lil pump and Cardi B come from? Please troll harder next time hipster boy and remember metal will still be around after the fad rock (nu,glam,blackgaze,metalcore,indie rock etc) you’re into is gone and fanless. How much dedicated dmu type fans do you see outside of metal, jazz and classical? Very few I’d guess cause most music is just entertainment but some of it is an art like metal when done right.

1. Very few I’d guess cause most music is just entertainment but some of it is an art like metal when done right.

True. But in the same way that a painter can paint walls, decorations, or a masterpiece, it is all music. Most music is there to fascinate the herd for a few weeks and then vanish. Some aims for eternity.

2. TheLord says:

That’s more applicable to rock then metal. Which music college did 6ix9ine, lil pump and Cardi B come from? Please troll harder next time hipster boy and remember metal will still be around after the fad rock (nu,glam,blackgaze,metalcore,indie rock etc) you’re into is gone and fanless. How much dedicated dmu type fans do you see outside of metal, jazz and classical? Very few I’d guess cause most music is just entertainment, but some of it is art like metal when done right.

3. more cynical says:

dipshit

4. the truth says:

That is the most retarded shit I’ve ever heard. The continued existence of Britney Spears makes every letter of your stupid assessment wrong

1. Cynical says:

I’m glad all of the butthurt modern black metal fags have made their presence noted!

Lady Gaga, Christina Aguilera, and Mariah Carey, just to name a few, graduated at the tops of their classes from top music universities.

Weaking, Myrkur, Twilight, Deafheaven, and Emmure all included (and all but Twilight were founded by) mainstream rock/pop musicians whose careers were flagging, and so decided to go where the standards were lower, to great success. On the other side of this, when bands like Enslaved or former members of Emperor decided they’d rather not have dayjobs, they made fake prog — do you think that albums like “Below the Lights” or “Light of Day, Day of Darkness” would have been able to compete even with the likes of A Perfect Circle, much less earlier prog like Yes or Pink Floyd or Rush based on merit? Of course not. They realized they needed to stay in the small pond, so they continued marketing their mainstream music to metal fans, because metal fans have small penises, low self-esteem, and even lower IQ (see the three comments above and their attendant insecurity and stupidity for some great examples) so they’ll buy anything that flatters their “open mindedness” and their “intelligence” (that they don’t actually have).

1. bloodypulp says:

ur hella smart

2. TheLord says:

I don’t listen to any of the modern bands you mentioned. I’m not saying that all metal is great or the scene isn’t infested with alot of uninspired trendy posers but metal keeps a small group of dedicated fans (Hessians as some call them) who’s dedication is alot more serious then most pop fans whether that dedication is good or bad is another story.Troll harder please you’re making white’s look silly before the jews just like the last 2000 or so years. It’s too easy I almost feel bad for you white boi.

2. TheLord says:

Britney spears isn’t as old as metal and her fans aren’t as dedicated. Troll harder please.

5. I don’t think that they’re that conspiratorial. There’s no big vision for the push to label rock bands as metal.

I disagree heartily here, and think you would as well if you saw the review queue that we have endured for the past twenty or so years around here. Labels love pushing rock as metal. However, it is not conspiratorial; crowdist incursions never are. They are tacit, based on mutual self-interest, and the collectivized individualism of the herd. In other words, it is a subset of what you describe here:

People fail to realize that pop is a market.

For a great proof of this, go to a large bookstore and hit the music area. Then notice that there is an entirely shelf on writing songs by formula. A few hours there will show you how this formula is widely practiced and massively effective, as it will explain many of the songs you know.

Sort of like diversity. If you cannot make it as a comedian, you can be a transgender lobotomized retard dwarf comedian and have people attend your shows from pity.