Every June 6, Slayer fanatics worldwide come together to blast Slayer and be disobedient. This year, the International Day of Slayer XI falls on a Monday, which is a perfect time to call in sick to school/work and listen to Slayer instead!
The fanatics over at the International Day of Slayer have thrown a special celebration with two Slayer bootlegs to download and pictures of Slayer throughout their career. There’s also a statement about the importance of Slayer yet again.
As far as we go here at Death Metal Underground, we will be celebrating in the style that has made this holiday a metalhead favorite for ten years:
How to Celebrate
- Listen to Slayer at full blast in your car.
- Listen to Slayer at full blast in your home.
- Listen to Slayer at full blast at your place of employment.
- Listen to Slayer at full blast in any public place you prefer.
DO NOT use headphones! The objective of this day is for everyone within earshot to understand that it is the National Day of Slayer. National holidays in America aren’t just about celebrating; they’re about forcing it upon non-participants.
Taking that participation to a problematic level
- Stage a “Slay-out.” Don’t go to work. Listen to Slayer.
- Have a huge block party that clogs up a street in your neighborhood. Blast Slayer albums all evening. Get police cruisers and helicopters on the scene. Finish with a full-scale riot.
- Spray paint Slayer logos on churches, synagogues, or cemeteries.
- Play Slayer covers with your own band (since 99% of your riffs are stolen from Slayer anyway).
- Kill the neighbor’s dog and blame it on Slayer.