Hammerheart Records plans to re-issue Resurrection Embalmed Existence on April 20, 2020, bringing this second-wave Florida death metal release to the light once again. Originally issued in 1993, this slab of well-produced solidly chunky death metal never quite got the attention of other Florida bands.3 Comments
Second-wave Tampa, FL blasting death metal outfit Resurrection plans to release its newest work, Soul Descent – March of Death on Old Metal Records this coming March.
The deal will see the release of the band’s first full-length since 2008’s Mistaken for Dead. Due out in March, Soul Descent – March of Death will be released in conjunction with the “March of Death” European Tour, which kicks off on March 14 in Germany and will take Resurrection through Germany, Belgium, Holland, Czech Republic and Poland.
Many will remember Resurrection for their 1990s coda to the Tampa, FL death metal scene, Embalmed Existence, which combined the gritty sound of Florida death metal with percussive speed metal riffing and melodic songwriting. Since that time, many have eagerly awaited the return of Resurrection and look forward to this new release toward that end.
- 3/14 – Hamburg, Germany @ Bambi Galore
- 3/15 – Weissenfels, Germany @ Schlosskeller
- 3/16 – Chemnitz, Germany @ La Casa
- 3/17 – Katowice, Poland @ Korba
- 3/18 – Poznan, Poland @ U Bazyla
- 3/19 – Most, Czech Republic @ TBA
- 3/20 – Berlin, Germany @ TBA
- 3/21 – Deinze, Belgium @ TBA
- 3/22 – Amsterdam, Holland @ TBA
- 3/23 – Aalen, Germany @ TBA
- 3/24 – Munich, Germany @ TBA