- 5/14 WORCESTER, MA @ RALPH’S ROCK DINER
- 5/15 TRENTON, NJ @ CHAMPIONSHIP BAR & GRILL
- 5/16 NEW YORK, NY @ NIHIL GALLERY
- 5/17 AMITYVILLE, NY @ REVOLUTION
- 5/18 BALTIMORE, MD @ BALTIMORE SOUNDSTAGE
- 5/19 VIRGINIA BEACH, VA @ SHAKAS LIVE
- 5/20 ATLANTA, GA @ MASQUERADE
- 5/21 SANFORD, FL @ WEST END TRADING CO.
- 5/22 MIAMI, FL @ CHURCHILL’S
- 5/23 PENSACOLA, FL @ THE HANDLEBAR
- 5/24 SAN ANTONIO, TX @ KOROVA
- 5/25 AUSTIN, TX @ DIRTY DOG
- 5/26 DALLAS, TX @ GAS MONKEY
- 5/27 KANSAS CITY, MO @ RIOT ROOM
- 5/28 DES MOINES, IA @ VAL AIR BALLROOM
- 5/29 CREST HILL, IL @ BADA BREW
- 5/30 CUDAHY, WI @ METAL BAR
- 5/31 CLEVELAND, OH @ AGORA
Floridian death metal masters Deicide will be back on the road again this month, this time as headliners of the “Metal Alliance Tour”! Joining them on the run is Swedish death metal legends Entombed A.D., along with Hate Eternal, Black Crown Initiate, Lorna Shore, and Svart Crown – making this one bill not to miss!
Ddeicide’s Glen Benton (bass/vocals) comments:
It’s with great pleasure to announce our involvement in this year’s Metal Alliance Tour 2015. We look forward to bringing our style of extreme…satanic death metal to all who attend and seeing old friends and making new ones as we travel the highways and byways of this great country of ours…As always we can’t wait to get out there and do what we do best…Crush…HAIL!
Entombed A.D.’s L-G Petrov (vocals) adds:
It’s going to be really good to tour the States again after a long absence overseas– and doing it with The Metal Alliance Tour is a great comeback! We are looking forward to sharing the stage with all the bands on the bill. Expect total headbang!!!
See below for all upcoming dates!
Metal Alliance Tour” dates feat. DEICIDE, ENTOMBED A.D., HATE ETERNAL, BLACK CROWN INITIATE, LORNA SHORE, SVART CROWN
May 26 – Montreal, QC @ Theatre Corona
May 28 – Columbus, OH @ Alrosa Villa
May 30 – Indianapolis, IN @ Emerson Theater
May 31 – Chicago, IL @ Metro
June 1 – St. Paul, MN @ Amsterdam
June 2 – Kansas City, MO @ Riot Room*
Des Moines, IA @ Vaudeville Mews**
June 3 – Denver, CO @ Summit Music Hall
June 5 – Spokane, WA @ The Pin!
June 6 – Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven
June 7 – Portland, OR @ Tonic Lounge
June 8 – Oakland, CA @ Metro Opera House
June 9 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Regent Theater
June 11 – Las Vegas, NV @ LVCS
June 12 – Mesa, AZ @ Club Red
June 13 – El Paso, TX @ Mesa Music Hall
June 14 – Lubbock, TX @ Depot “O” Bar Live*
Houston, TX @ TBC**
June 15 – Austin, TX @ Empire Garage
June 16 – Dallas, TX @ Gas Monkey Live!
June 18 – New York, NY @ Gramercy Theater
June 19 – Baltimore, MD @ Ottobar
June 20 – Charlotte, NC @ Tremont Music Hall
June 21 – Atlanta, GA @ The Earl**
June 22 – Tampa, FL @ The Orpheum**
* = DEICIDE, HATE ETERNAL, BLACK CROWN INITIATE, LORNA SHORE
** = ENTOMBED A.D., SVART CROWN
Australian tech-death act to return to the U.S. this summer in support of new self-titled album. During their first North American tour since supporting Nile in 2010, Psycroptic will blast tunes from their brand new self-titled album — which reached #59 on the Australian pop charts and is one of the best-reviewed metal records of the year to date — along with favorites from their five previous releases over the past 10 years. The new album was produced, engineered and mixed by guitarist Joe Haley while being mastered by Alan Douches (Converge, Baroness).
6/8 Tokyo, JP – Duo Music Exchange
6/19 Adelaide, AU – Fowlers #
6/20 Melbourne, AU – Northcote Social Club #
6/21 Melbourne, AU – Northcote Social Club # (All Ages, Afternoon Show)
6/21 Melbourne, AU – Northcote Social Club # (18+ Only, Evening Show)
6/25 Newcastle, AU – The Cambridge #
6/26 Canberra, AU – The Basement #
6/27 Sydney, AU – The Factory #
# with The Black Dahlia Murder & Colossvs
|Punk/hardcore band, Obliterations, have announced additional dates to their previously-announced impending Eastern North American tour with While Lung, including a set at this year’s ultra massive NXNE Festival. Additional Obliterations shows are being added to the routing to be announced as the tour begins, at which time the band will also release their next official video from Poison Everything, being finalized for the track Scapegoat.
Obliterations Tour Dates:
6/06/2015 The Studio At Webster Hall – New York, NY
6/08/2015 DC9 – Washington DC w/ White Lung
6/09/2015 Rumba Café – Columbus, OH w/ White Lung
6/10/2015 The Demo – St. Louis, MO w/ White Lung
6/11/2015 7th Street Entry – Minneapolis, MN w/ White Lung
6/12/2015 Underground Lounge – Chicago, IL
6/13/2015 PJ’s Lager House – Detroit, MI w/ White Lung
6/14/2015 Beachland Ballroom – Cleveland, OH w/ White Lung
6/15/2015 Mohawk Place – Buffalo, NY w/ White Lung
6/16/2015 Great Scott – Allston, MA w/ White Lung
6/17/2015 Bar Le Ritz PDB – Montreal, QC w/ White Lung
6/18/2015 Ottawa Explosion Weekend – Ottawa, ON w/ White Lung
6/20/2015 Lee’s Place – Toronto, ON @ NXNE w/ Girl Band, Mission Of Burma, California X, Grooms [info]
Obliterations released Poison Everything through Southern Lord in October 2014.
Texas old school grinding death metal band War Master takes its influences from old school death metal and melodic grindcore like Bolt Thrower. Since its launch in 2009, War Master has built up a following for those who like underground metal in the feral and atavistic way that distinguished the old school from the imitators.
Following the success of its EP Blood Dawn last year, itself following the triumphant Pyramid of the Necropolis full-length the year before, War Master unleashes itself on the Southwest with a mini-tour that should bring old school death metal maniacs out of the woodwork.
- Friday, July 4 – Austin (The Mohawk)
- Saturday, July 5 – San Antonio (Korova)
- Sunday, July 6 – Laredo (Cold Brew)
- Monday, July 7 – El Paso (Horizon Bar)
- Tuesday, July 8 – Tempe (51 West)
- Wednesday, July 9 – Los Angeles (Redwood Bar)
- Thursday, July 10 – Bay Area (Burnt Ramen)
- Friday, July 11 – Oakland (Road House)
- Saturday, July 12 – Grindcore 2014 Fest
Sadistic Intent became known for their brand of intense death metal that carried the dark, foreboding atmosphere of speed/death metal bands such as Possessed and Slayer to its logical conclusion. Later, the band further developed its technical capacities into a style of death metal similar to Morbid Angel. After years of relative silence, Sadistic Intent have announced the itinerary for their Lurking Terror Crusade 2014 tour:
May 2 Detroit, MI (The tangent Gallery)
May 3 Chicago, IL (Cobra Lounge)
May 4 Lakewood, Oh (The Foundry)
May 5 Buffalo, NY (The Rocking Buffalo
May 6 Philadelphia, PA (The Milkcreek Tavern)
May 7 Wallingford, CT (Cherry Street Station)
May 8 Boston, MA (Sammy’s Patio)
May 9 Brooklyn, NY (The Acheron)
May 10 Hyattsville, MD (Schizophrenia)
May 11 Chesapeake, VA (Roger’s)
May 15 New Orleans, LA (Sitheria)
May 17 Houston, TX (Mango’s)
Sadistic Intent‘s legacy consists of short-players and compilations, never having recorded a full expression of the band’s artistic merit. This is a great shame in that few bands were able to fully leave speed metal behind and adopt the style that bands like Morbid Angel, Massacra and early Sepultura did, which allowed the full promise of death metal in intricately-knit combinations of riffs which each symbolized meaning through their shape and in combination told a tale of successive revelations. Possibly this sort of joy in perception can be yours as you catch Sadistic Intent on tour.
A band from before death metal had coalesced into a genre, Master will tour North America during April 2014 as part of their “North American Witchhunt Tour” which will showcase a new touring lineup.
During the three weeks that Master will rage across North American stages in support of their most recent album, The Witchhunt, the band will comprise Paul Speckmann on bass/vocals, Alex Bouks (formerly of Incantation) on guitars, VJS on guitars, and drummer Ruston Groose.
Master continues evolving. From its earliest days as a punk/metal hybrid, to a period of intense technicality, and now in an era of massive aggression, Master has grown with the style it helped invent and now brings the latest iteration to fans across North America.
- 4/17 Philadelphia, PA @Millcreek Tavern Inn
- 4/18 Brooklyn, NY @ St. Vitus
- 4/19 Wilmington, DE @ Mojo 13
- 4/20 The Forvm – Buffalo, NY
- 4/22 Chicago, IL @ Reggie’s
- 4/23 St. Louis, MO @ Fubar
- 4/24 Milwaukee, WI @ The Metal Grill
- 4/25 Oklahoma City, OK @ Leon’s Metal Lounge
- 4/26 3 Denver, CO @ 3 King’s Tavern
- 4/28 Portland, OR @ Slabtown
- 4/29 Seattle, WA @ 2 Bit Saloon
- 4/30 Oakland,CA @ The Metro
- 5/01 Rosemead, CA @ Spike’s
- 5/02 Pomona, CA Characters
- 5/03 Tempe, AZ @ Red Owl
- 5/05 San Antonio, TX @ Korova
- 5/06 New Orleans, LA @ Siberia
- 5/07 Tampa, FL @ Brass Mug
- 5/09 Richmond, VA @ Strange Matter
Classic heavy metal doom metal band Saint Vitus embark on a tour celebrating the band’s 35-year history from May 8-25, 2014. The band will be playing the entirety of their Born Too Late album, the first to feature Scott Weinrich on vocals. Saint Vitus made a name for itself in the world metal community for being one of two bands to continue the 1970s style of metal throughout the 1980s and 1990s, making heavy metal hymns slowed down to reflect a completely alienated worldview.
- 5/08/2014 Launch Pad – Albuquerque, NM
- 5/09/2014 Club Red – Phoenix, AZ
- 5/10/2014 Cheyenne Saloon – Las Vegas, NV
- 5/11/2014 The Observatory (Psycho De 5o Fest) – Santa Ana, CA
- 5/13/2014 The Echo – Los Angeles, CA
- 5/14/2014 SLO Brew – San Luis Obispo, CA
- 5/15/2014 Strummer’s – Fresno, CA
- 5/16/2014 Thee Parkside – San Francisco, CA
- 5/17/2014 Branx – Portland, OR
- 5/18/2014 Highline – Seattle, WA
- 5/20/2014 In The Venue – Salt Lake City, UT
- 5/21/2014 Marquis Theatre – Denver, CO
- 5/23/2014 Red 7 (Outside) – Austin, TX
- 5/24/2014 Fitzgerald’s Downstairs – Houston, TX
- 5/25/2014 Three Links – Dallas, TX
- Dave Chandler – guitar
- Scott Weinrich – vocals
- Mark Adams – bass
- Henry Vasquez – drums
Satan won 2013’s Best of the Year award from Death Metal Underground for its album Life Sentence which shows the best of NWOBHM merged into the powerful techniques of the speed metal the band inspired back in the day.
Now, for the first time, Satan is touring North America starting in April. You can catch this classic metal band (which shares personnel with Blitzkrieg) at several locations already announced for the east coast, with more to come.
If you enjoy metal anywhere from the late 1970s through late 1980s models of technical, inventive riffcraft bearing and emotionally complex metal, Satan Life Sentence provides an older and wiser take on that era with just as much invention and perhaps more intensity.
- 4/11 – Black Bear Bar, Brooklyn NY
- 4/12 – Katacombes, Montreal QC
- 4/13 – Ralph’s Rock Diner, Worcester MA
- 4/14 – Kung Fu Necktie, Philadelphia PA
- 4/15 – Strange Matter, Richmond VA
- 4/16 – The Metro Gallery, Baltimore MD
Those who read this site on a regular basis know of our devotion to the unholy triad who invented underground metal, namely Slayer, Hellhammer and Bathory. You can see one of these bands, albeit missing one original guitarist and drummer, as Slayer comes to your town this may.
2013 brought some good and some bad, but the shockingly and disturbingly bad was the loss of Slayer’s Jeff Hanneman. Nothing can really be said here except that he was the voice of a generation — Generation X — and one of the few people to spin a truthful line about reality instead of writing “yeah yeah yeah” and some chat about hooking up with girls in discotheques.
With Gary Holt (Exodus) on guitars and Paul Bostaph (Forbidden) on drums, Slayer rattles onward with original members Tom Araya and Kerry King rounding out the lineup. With tourmates Suicidal Tendencies and Exodus, both members of that liminal time in the early 1980s when all of these genres formed, Slayer will be visiting the following cities in May, with more dates to be posted soon:
- May 9 The Great Saltair, Salt Lake City, UT
- May 10 Fillmore, Denver, CO
- May 11 Shrine, Billings, MT
- May 13 Uptown Theatre, Kansas City, MO
- May 15 The Pageant, St Louis, MO
- May 16 Eagles Ballroom, Milwaukee, WI
- May 17 Rock on the Range, Columbus, OH