Pantera was part of the downfall of metal.
No offense to those who enjoy the people in the band personally. I’ve met several and they’re good guys.
But turning speed metal into party rock was a fatal move.
It opened the way for the real blight, which is the indie-emo-screamo-weeabo shit we see even in black metal now.
I can’t stand the saccharine, unmasculine, revengeful crap that John Lennon put out. I’m sorry for the loss of George Harrison however.20 Comments
Tomas at Forever Plagued Records gave us a brief update:
- The artwork is submitted to the manufacturer. It will take a week or two to finalize the art is all correct.
- Once that is done production will begin.
- Hoping that this is ready before new years but presuming the holiday seasons slow down production, it will most likely be early 2012.
Thank you to Tomas for keeping us posted and publishing this future essential of the American black metal movement.
In addition, unofficial insider sources — 100% unrelated to Forever Plagued Records — suggest the latest Demoncy will be better than expected. The sample track reveals the style but not the substance of the album.7 Comments
Just in time for the holidays. What does Dear Old Dad need for Kwanzaa (my preferred holiday), Hannukkah, Christmas or Winter Solstice? What to buy your divorced and lonely mother for the long winter, or how to keep a sibling happy for a January birthday? WHY AN ASSLOAD OF GRAVELAND, OF COURSE. MC Darken and beatbox master Capricornus Flav spin out the old school melodic punk/black metal for your Pagan (or Urban) ears.
- Graveland – In the Glare of Burning Churches $8 + shipping
- Graveland – The Celtic Winter $8 + shipping
While you’re there, you can hit up (yo) the new Demoncy Enthroned in Darkness, which is in pre-order from a reliable label:
- Demoncy – Enthroned in Darkness $8 + shipping