This is a “best of the month” list for this month, but making the title “Best of May 2015” sounds like giving too much of a spotlight for such a short span of time, and devaluating the word “Best of” somewhat, in my opinion. Therefore I chose a title to reflect reality more clearly: these are the only albums we heard of on this website this month that were decent enough to not be considered utter disgraces to the metal genre (those were in the SMRs or were ignored). The “decent” are those that show consistency in style, coherence, a direction and a clear artistic voice and goals. The “rescuable” are those that are still confused in their composition — unclear, or that seemed to be impeded from development by their own approach to music-making (or that of their own genre).
- Ascended Dead – The Advent review
- Blasphemic Cruelty – Crucible of the Infernum review
- Exhumation – Opus Death review
- Luciferian Rites – When the Light Dies review
- Necrophor – Exterminatus review
- Nekromanteion – Cosmic Horrors review
- Perversor – Anticosmocrator review
- Shroud of the Heretic – Unorthodox Equilibrium review
- Undead – False Prophecies review
- Blind Guardian – Beyond the Red Mirror review
- Bureviy – Concealed Beyond the Space review
- Dew-Scented – Intermination review
- Maruta – Remain Dystopian review
- Undergang – Døden Læger Alle Sår review
- Wende – Vorspiel einer Philosophie der Zukunft review
Tags: Anticosmocrator, Ascended Dead, best of May, Beyond the Red Mirror, Black Metal, blasphemic cruelty, blind guardian, Bureviy, Concealed Beyond the Space, Cosmic Horrors, Crucible of the Infernum, death metal, Dew-Scented, Doom Metal, Døden Læger Alle Sår, Exhumation, Exterminatus, False Prophecies, Intermination, Luciferian Rites, Maruta, metalcore, Necrophor, Nekromanteion, Opus Death, perversor, Remain Dystopian, Shroud of the Heretic, Speed Metal, The Advent, The decent and the rescuable, Undead, undergang, Unorthodox Equilibrium, Vorspiel einer Philosophie der Zukunft, Wende, When the Light Dies
4 thoughts on “May 2015: The decent and the rescuable”
Shroud of the Heretic was interesting, based on a cursory listen. I’ll definitely check out the new album when it comes out at the end of July.
Good to have a summary of the reviews like this. I hope this becomes a regular monthly occurrence.
Has the visitor count already risen?
yes, google is even thinking of buying us
Comments are closed.